Cruise cancellation

austraveler

Mouseketeer
Need to vent to fellow aussies! Disney has sold our September 2011 Med cruise to charter so our cruise is cancelled. The cruise was the first part of a four week Med cruise/italy/WDW holiday.We have managed to rebook on the 27 August cruise and move the whole holiday to one week earlier. Disney SAYS they will cover all flight and hotel change costs. Our flights are round the world with Lufthansa and the change costs are $4600. I need to pay first before I can be reimbursed so wish me luck that Disney does not renig. To add insult to injusry, for the new dates, we can't get our original garden view rooms at the Yacht club. Disney says we have to pay $800 to upgrade to a water view room, or we can change resorts. The hide!

OMG, that is shocking and apalling that they would do that!!!!! I expect much more from Disney than that. Fine to sell the cruise to a charter but that should be done way back before the release the cruise for public sale :headache:

ok what i would do

first get an email confirmation that they will cover the cost of rebooking everything before you spend a cent :surfweb:

alternativly you could keep the original bookings and just book on another ship

oasis and allure of the seas are the biggest cruise ships in the world and if its characters your after then they have that stuff
cant remember excactly who but they have some of that type stuff

whats so important about the dis cruise ship

just book a different ship and keep all the other bookings

good luck

Good news - I have received confirmation that Disney will pay the airfare change costs. Hooray - the magic of Disney is still alive.

Would have been livid if it was me austraveller. Lucky that you are able to reschedule your trip but Disney should have offered more than the airline change costs.

Very disappointing from Disney.

So glad you were able to reschedule. I was reading the thread on the cruise board. So many disappointed people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter