Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH and I ate at 50s a few weeks ago and we've eaten there often enough to notice that tables had been removed to accommodate social distancing. So every table was full when we were there but there were a lot less tables than in the past. Noticed the same thing at the Plaza. For example, we were seated in the small circular room and there were 3 tables in there, all full. On previous trips, there were 6 tables in that room. Other places, such as Sci Fi where they can't remove tables, some of the tables were not being used.
They did the same in BOG, while all tables were full there were much fewer. I normally feel like the table next to me is eating with me, but they were all sat happily at a good distance. It was definitely nice and you could feel how much less crowded it was. Meanwhile at Brown Derby they weren't all removed, but some were missing chairs and had "don't sit here" signs on them.

YESSSSS. Oh I hope all of these are open on our Thursday EPCOT day.
I just finished reading it all before I came in here, and I'm going to need more elastic waistband pants/shorts/skirts lol. I'm glad I have two trips over the festival because I'm going to need all the time I can get to eat my heart out.

The sabers are hefty but not like 20 pounds either. Definitely more so than the plastic sabers. I would think a 6 year old should be fine but I’m sure that depends too.

My daughter was a little thing at 5, but she was able to raise on her own. It is heavy though.

They did the same in BOG, while all tables were full there were much fewer. I normally feel like the table next to me is eating with me, but they were all sat happily at a good distance. It was definitely nice and you could feel how much less crowded it was. Meanwhile at Brown Derby they weren't all removed, but some were missing chairs and had "don't sit here" signs on them.
We noticed that, too, at BOG. The closest table to ours was at least 10 feet away, which made for a very pleasant dining experience.

I just finished reading it all before I came in here, and I'm going to need more elastic waistband pants/shorts/skirts lol. I'm glad I have two trips over the festival because I'm going to need all the time I can get to eat my heart out.
At least we will have all of the vacation walking to counter act what is eaten! lol

After @yulilin3 mentioned an incident she could not elaborate on occurred a couple days regarding this I’m getting the feeling they won’t be storming quick sip of water folks but have given more power/illusion of power to CMs to deal with the eternal sippers.

That said, we are currently in line for test track (indoors)...they haven’t started running the ride yet and made an announcement about waiting for the park to open. The guy in line behind us is currently eating his breakfast with his chin strap fully in place.

As soon as I posted we actually started moving. He did stop eating and replace the mask once we started walking

We have the Mission cooling mask and I confirmed with a CM that they are allowed the mask just has to cover your mouth and nose and can’t cover your eyes
Can you confirm this has actually been allowed in the parks? The holes in the front while not truly holes have me nervous they won't allow them. TIA!

so i just declined a meeting at 10am (not important anyway prob could have been an email) to grab my Festival of the Holiday's passport from last year and methodically go through everything to compare - bc you know...OCD and priorities.

Pardon the alliteration - this is a Full Fledged Festival, food wise. Not paired down at all. PLUS there are new things.
Some tiny changes, some little things cut out, like for example in China - Last year they had the Firework drink (alcoholic AND SO GOOD if you like tequila) and this year they have the Dragonfly, which has identical ingredients minus Soda Water.
There is no Norway this year.
No Feast of the Three Kings but the food from that booth last year is showing up in other booths this year
Germany and Italy cut out some dessert items and lost a savory but gained some new savory items.
LOTS of new delicious food items and if you like a good boozy mixed drink (like me) excellent options.

We are going to be there Nov. 28th - both me and my stretchy pants are ready.

....what is the weight limit on those skyliners...

oh and the cookie stroll is basically identical except I'm not sure what the completer cookie is - I think it's the Minnie Peppermint Cookie? Which replaces last year's Santa sugar cookie?

If so - then that's two peppermint flavored cookies for the stroll.

ALSO - there's a NEW COOKIE.

and it's GLORIOUS.

Located in Holiday Hearth - World Showplace -
  • Salted Caramel Spaceship Earth® Cookie (New)
NOMNOMNOM i'm going to be like Pac Man going through World Showcase.

Can you confirm this has actually been allowed in the parks? The holes in the front while not truly holes have me nervous they won't allow them. TIA!
The post you’re quoting is from June, before the parks even opened. If the mask you are referencing is the Mission neck gaiter, they will not be allowed on Disney property.

But as for the Mission masks, I’m not sure. I haven’t seen anyone wearing them. You may run into some issues with those holes in the front.

oh and the cookie stroll is basically identical except I'm not sure what the completer cookie is - I think it's the Minnie Peppermint Cookie? Which replaces last year's Santa sugar cookie?

If so - then that's two peppermint flavored cookies for the stroll.

ALSO - there's a NEW COOKIE.

and it's GLORIOUS.

Located in Holiday Hearth - World Showplace -
  • Salted Caramel Spaceship Earth® Cookie (New)
NOMNOMNOM i'm going to be like Pac Man going through World Showcase.

View attachment 536755

I'm SUPER excited about this cookie??? LOL I hope it's good! So far it's looking like my EPCOT day meals are basically sweets, mixed drinks, and 2-3 servings of everything at the Mexico booth. :rotfl:

The post you’re quoting is from June, before the parks even opened. If the mask you are referencing is the Mission neck gaiter, they will not be allowed on Disney property.

But as for the Mission masks, I’m not sure. I haven’t seen anyone wearing them. You may run into some issues with those holes in the front.
I am referring to the mask, not the gaiter.

I am referring to the mask, not the gaiter.
Going to be a tough call. I personally think those masks would be fine, as they look like a normal mask, but if you get a CM near temp check or just in the park that doesn’t like the holes in the front they could ask you to remove them. Probably a good idea to have a few backups in your pocket or bag just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter