Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw a report on CNN where the mayor of Ft Lauderdale just pretty much threw the Gov under the bus. Said (and I’m paraphrasing) if sun and heat kills the bug why are we getting these numbers? Also said he’s closing the beaches because while being outside is good, being in clusters is not

I’ve spoke with lots of folks on here who were planning on going and were not too concerned. Everybody I engaged with on the topic was very reasonable and had very sound logic for proceeding. I’m just curious if anyone has reversed their thinking and backed out? The thing that jumped out at me was the poster who noted that case numbers reported only include FLA residents, and not visitors. Is that accurate?
Good thoughts to all those there or en route....
I was gung ho about going until the past week. This spike has me a bit concerned. Our trip is planned for late September so we have time to wait and see, but it's looking less and less likely at this point. The discussion on the podcast yesterday gave me even more doubts.

Decided to test drive our mask wearing ability. Walked around our outside outlet mall (a bit like DS) for about 4 hours. 90 degrees and sunny. I was pretty pleased that our masks weren’t terribly uncomfortable. Being able to go in and out of air conditioned spaces helps a lot. Our 5 year old wore his all day without complaining or playing with it. Made me much more confident that we can handle it in the parks!

I’m a Florida resident and I would not plan a vacation here right now. But I wouldn’t plan a vacation even in another state. I saw on the news as many as 41 states are seeing increases, even some with stricter lock downs. States with lower cases are predicted to also see spikes in the next month or so. This virus will work it’s way through the world. But I don’t criticize any one who does come to WDW or takes a vacation elsewhere. This is a personal decision. BTW I do see the majority of people wearing masks where I live near Disney. I hope those who do come have an enjoyable time.

Fall DCP officially suspended. All College Programs suspended until further notice. They don’t mention Cultural Reps though (who are not considered CPs.)

Cultural Reps wont be happening before January 2021 due to the USA Government suspension of multiple types of work visas for internationals

Fall DCP officially suspended. All College Programs suspended until further notice. They don’t mention Cultural Reps though (who are not considered CPs.)
My brother was accepted to the spring DCP for the first time and was so excited but they cancelled it obviously. I hope at some point they are able to do this again. He is the perfect kid for DCP.

Until places like the EU remove travel bans on the US cultural reps are unlikely to be back (and I'm honestly expecting more travel bans if we don't get things under control).

You should not base whether you keep or cancel your trip on what thousands of other people are doing and whether or not they are or are not wearing masks. If you have concerns at all about going you should not go. It is unreasonable to think that Disney will be "safe" or "unsafe" based on what some people on a message board say. You should consider your own feelings on the current situation on data provided by the State and cancel if you don't feel like you'll be ok if lots of people aren't wearing masks.

Why would I not base it on if people are wearing masks to protect me? This is a hugely important factor and a reasonable one.

You don't think spiking areas have Disney annual passholders in Florida? Of course they do and and will be at the theme park, the bus your on, the hotel your at , and the restaurant your eating in.
Yes, but I’ll be wearing a mask, I’m staying far away from anyone who has taken their mask off, I won’t be riding a bus, and I have no intention of eating in a table service restaurant anywhere (not just Disney) until this thing is completely over. I was at Disney Springs a few weeks ago and was blown away by how careful they’re being and how safe it felt.

So sad. I’m a big fan of the CP - I had such a great experience during mine.

It makes sense to suspend the CP, especially given the shared housing situation, but it’s still such a bummer.

That is so sad for the CPs. As a former CP from 400 years ago, I know how excited these kids get for their programs but I am not surprised. Disney has enough to worry about with controlling safety at the parks and resorts. The last thing they need is an outbreak in CP housing which seems like it would be inevitable.

I was gung ho about going until the past week. This spike has me a bit concerned. Our trip is planned for late September so we have time to wait and see, but it's looking less and less likely at this point. The discussion on the podcast yesterday gave me even more doubts.
Good that you have time. Gives you a chance to see what happens. Best of luck whatever you decide...

I doubt it's quite so dire that people need to risk their lives to go. It's one thing to decide it's safe enough to go, it's quite another to suggest that if enough people don't fall on their swords for Disney, it will cease to exist.

You mean I’m not an everyday hero for not asking for a refund for my kids tickets? 😂

Disney is a huge corporation and has a large deal with the NBA (and MLS) that will help financially, might help to cancel Disney vacations and spend time at smaller and more at risk Florida attractions and restaurants and shops to keep them afloat during this time. :ssst:

You don't think spiking areas have Disney annual passholders in Florida? Of course they do and and will be at the theme park, the bus your on, the hotel your at , and the restaurant your eating in.

They are already around us, in every area. Gotta do the same thing you do at Disney, that you do at home. Wear a mask, be safe, socially distance, and try to continue with your days. Disney will be even safer with their precautions

Why would I not base it on if people are wearing masks to protect me? This is a hugely important factor and a reasonable one.
Because you should not base an expensive trip on what others are doing. There will never be 100% compliance, so you take the risk you're willing to take and take the precautions you can, but absolutely NOTHING is guaranteed to protect you.

At least you're responsible and will obey the quarantines. The poster you are responding to has bragged about how he is going to openly flout the laws of both Florida and NY and ignore the quarantines.
Yep. That’s a big issue and has been since day 1. There are those that just are not concerned about the virus. If you are not worried anybody pointing out issues is “ruining the magic”. The problem is although I can do everything right, you can do everything right but if that other guy does not the virus remains prevalent. And the more prevalent the virus is the longer it hangs around and the greater the chance it hurts someone you care about. Sadly until that happens to some people they just will not care. And too bad if people are turning to this community to help them make an informed decision on whether or not to drop a small fortune on a vacation...

sorry if I “ruined your magic”. Feel free to resume important discussions about ice cream, fences, Cartoon rabbits or other such topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter