Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since they didn't bother to do a controlled roll out and just opened the flood gates I am doubting that they held back in any other areas.

I hate to admit it, but you are probably right :-(

What I really need to find out is if I go to the AP preview will I still be able to cancel my AP and get the refund, because the way this is looking, I most likely will get blocked out of the days that were the whole reason I got a platinum pass.

Over 7 hours now since the system was supposed to have opened this morning and I've been trying since 11pm ET last night...so currently 13 hours I've been checking the site and 6 hours since the system actually finally opened...still only 1 out of 6 park days able to book...this nightmare saga continues😩😢
WHAT?! You were like the OG system watcher last night. I am so sorry to hear this :(

I would not recommend it. There definitely is availability right now in the DVC resorts, but I'm not confident that Disney will start selling tickets for 2020 before July. I would only look at renting once you are able to secure tickets. The downside is that DVC is pretty solidly booked up in the fall (starting in September) as of the last time I looked. Keep in mind that renting is a final transaction and you'll probably be out money if you decide not to go.

A lot of renters lost out when the parks closed as well and there is a chance that the parks will be forced to close again with what is going on in Florida with the virus.

Thank you very much. I’m getting antsy and really kicking myself that I didn’t wait for 2 plus hours to speak to a cast member to move my 2 cancelled trips (April and June). 😔

I'm assuming you don't need to make a reservation for kids under 3 years since they won't have a ticket, but can anyone confirm? Once booking opens on Sunday I'm booking for February and and we will have a 6 month old. I've gotten behind on the thread but despite the booking issues today, I hope everyone eventually gets their park dates that they want!

I'm assuming you don't need to make a reservation for kids under 3 years since they won't have a ticket, but can anyone confirm? Once booking opens on Sunday I'm booking for February and and we will have a 6 month old. I've gotten behind on the thread but despite the booking issues today, I hope everyone eventually gets their park dates that they want!
Correct, do not add children under 3. Only those with a valid ticket and resort can book parks right now.

We actually had to delete our two year old from the party to get into to reserve Since she did not have a ticket.

Could a DVC expert shed some light on renting points at this time when there is no guarantee tickets will be available to purchase? I looked at one of the rental places and it appears there is availability even in July. Is this inadvisable given the situation with the possibility of not being able to get tickets? I would be the type to take the risk knowing I may not be able to go to parks if Disney doesn’t open reservations for this year.
You really answered your own question about the level of risk you are willing to take on. Tickets may not become available and if they do park reservations may not be available. If I was renting to you I would make sure you understood that those risks are on you, not me.

I have the AP problem. I have two separate reservations but was only able to get 4 days for one of them. I'm guessing I could get those because I also have a 4 day ticket. Do I call or wait? What number do I call? TIA

Hope that was for some reason other than this considering it wasn't anticipated to open until 7am

There was a sort of "watch party" going last night since there was no confirmed official launch time. Some guessed a midnight release, some guessed 7am, some guessed 5pm, some guessed other things in between. Some people stayed up just in case there was a sneaky middle-of-the-night benefit. It was a fun atmosphere in that thread during that time.

We actually had to delete our two year old from the party to get into to reserve Since she did not have a ticket.

I really find this strange if they are trying to cap the capacity for any parks to a specific percentage/number of people to NOT include those too young for tickets.

Hope that was for some reason other than this considering it wasn't anticipated to open until 7am
A lot of us checked throughout the night to be sure. It wouldn't be the first time something expected "around" one time happened at a different time. If you have a trip shortly after opening there is a lot on the line.

It was an interesting and supportive community bonding experience. I think that is the nice way we can refer to our nighttime adventure in refreshing!

I have the AP problem. I have two separate reservations but was only able to get 4 days for one of them. I'm guessing I could get those because I also have a 4 day ticket. Do I call or wait? What number do I call? TIA
I just came back to the Boards because I have a Gold AP. Trips September 2020 and March 2021 My Gold AP is technically just a renewal certificate and should at the minimum be good until April 14,2020 since that is when the extended my daughter's to (we purchased the same day but she had a January trip and May was supposed to be our first trip but it got canceled.) Anyway, when I tried to reserve parks for my March 2021 trip it said that my husband and i do not have valid admission.

I just chatted with DVC member services and she said IT was aware of the problem as of "an hour ago". WHAT ?? i tried 5 hours ago and just now had the time to message DVC.

what a cluster.

I was able to make 1 park reservation and now it shows that the every reservation is not available for the rest of the year? Is this a glitch and if so does anyone know a workaround?

I really find this strange if they are trying to cap the capacity for any parks to a specific percentage/number of people to NOT include those too young for tickets.

Yes I didn't understand that either.

They may be small, but they still take up space!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter