• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be misunderstanding one sentence in this... "Note: we have seen multiple times that Disney will likely only allow travel parties to be of the same ticket type, so if you have a party with a combo of Annual Passes and regular tickets, it will require making separate reservations." So, if I am an AP and my spouse has a 5 day ticket then I can't reserve park for both of us at the same time?

I’m confused about the ticket thing. I have an AP & DH has dated tickets so are y’all saying I won’t be able to make both of our reservations together? If so, where are y’all seeing that?
This post from WDW Prep School has a confusing sentence implying that if guests have different ticket types you may need to make separate reservations. I figured everything would be tied together under MDE, like when we book FP+, but that one sentence makes it sound like maybe not....

How many days of ~450 days that will be available tomorrow do we think will completely book up during the initial reservation period this week? The more I think about it, the more I think only the first week or 2 of reopening will book up at the 4 parks between the 3 reservation stages this week
I don't know, however, I can tell you that DVC reservations are wide open through all of July. I just looked through to see what I could book and 1 bedrooms of almost every view at every resort were available during my July 16-22 trip. Studios were a little tighter, but Poly had both views available then as well, which is often rare, even at 7 months out. When I randomly looked at the month view for several different views they showed much, if not all, of July as available.

So for DVC, at least, the demand is relatively low for rooms, even during the opening phase. We shall see.

Last edited:
This post from WDW Prep School has a confusing sentence implying that if guests have different ticket types you may need to make separate reservations. I figured everything would be tied together under MDE, like when we book FP+, but that one sentence makes it sound like maybe not....
Seems like it should work tomorrow as long as every person has a valid ticket and a resort reservation,

Just gave DH a quick crash course though *just in case*. (He and DD13 have one type of ticket and DD26 and myself have another). He's never used the web version of MDE and has only really used the app for FP+ so I figured it couldn't' hurt.

Plus, then maybe he'll help book stuff next time! LOL

Remember the talk about the TA-booked group that got moved from BC to Poly because a previously canceled BC convention came back to reclaim that block? Given that it was a convention room block I had a strong feeling those guests were booked through the agency I use, so I reached out to my TA to see if she could still book me at the Poly for Labor Day weekend. Sure enough I was able to book and link the reservation within 5 minutes.

So it looks like convention contract bookings for 2020 are still on even if regular booking through Disney isn't. (Please don't ask me to name names, it's against the board rules and I'm already worried I've said too much)

Seems like it should work tomorrow as long as every person has a valid ticket and a resort reservation,

Just gave DH a quick crash course though *just in case*. (He and DD13 have one type of ticket and DD26 and myself have another). He's never used the web version of MDE and has only really used the app for FP+ so I figured it couldn't' hurt.

Plus, then maybe he'll help book stuff next time! LOL
I totally did this with my DH today and also told my DD (16) that we might be waking her up early to help too!!

I am. I’ll be fine for my November trip but the January trip not so. I have to call the monthly payment line too which is not open on weekends.
I called the AP line today, was on hold over an hour and the Help Center finally answered since AP line is apparently overflowing. She was able to get all my questions answered, by typing questions to the AP side and getting written responses. You should call.

While it seems ridiculous, that is precisely what Disney has communicated. You may want to have multiple people working side by side when you make your park reservations.

How many days of ~450 days that will be available tomorrow do we think will completely book up during the initial reservation period this week? The more I think about it, the more I think only the first week or 2 of reopening will book up at the 4 parks between the 3 reservation stages this week
Certainly nothing past early January. There may be days here or there before that. The number of people eligible to make 2021 reservations on Monday will be trivial - you have to have valid tickets, which means an AP or unused tickets for a previously canceled trip, AND a valid resort reservation, when Disney hasn’t offered 2021 online yet (although partner hotels have).

It’s not no one.

It’s not going to be tens of thousands of people per day either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter