• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of us won’t. But it’s still really disappointing. Especially for people who have been saving and planning and need something to look forward to right now. I’m really sad for my kids especially. They have had so many things canceled in the past two months and all were so excited for our August trip.

I wonder when (or if) we'll get a time line for when restrictions will be lifted. Our trip is the first week in October. I'm actually fine with many of the restrictions, but don't want to fight my 2 and 3 year old over a mask for a week when we can just reschedule if needed.

This is going to be a terrible vacation experience. I'm not going till its all open again. No fireworks? No parades? In reality, they should just say no magic. I bet they will still charge full price for this crazy experience. They need to give people who have reservations the next few months discounts on their park tickets cause they aren't getting a full park experience at all. Can't wait to hear about the buses
It really depends on what you care about. Personally, a lack of M&G's and parades wouldn't bother me at all (I'd be ecstatic not to have parades blocking up paths all the time). A lack of fireworks is a bit of a disappointment, but it wouldn't affect my enjoyment of a trip. People go to Disney for different reasons and some people may enjoy the lower crowd levels that will be present when the parks reopen.

Sorry to all the June/July vacation folks. It stinks, but the good news is if you have a vacation planned and can deal with the restrictions you can go and still have fun. The question is, will you get a good value? It's up to the individual and/or family really.

Also, gloating and "I told you so's" just isn't nice (tiny psa).

A lot of us won’t. But it’s still really disappointing. Especially for people who have been saving and planning and need something to look forward to right now. I’m really sad for my kids especially. They have had so many things canceled in the past two months and all were so excited for our August trip.

But you don't know what restrictions will still be in place. Keep the faith and wait and see.

This is going to be a terrible vacation experience. I'm not going till its all open again. No fireworks? No parades? In reality, they should just say no magic. I bet they will still charge full price for this crazy experience. They need to give people who have reservations the next few months discounts on their park tickets cause they aren't getting a full park experience at all. Can't wait to hear about the buses
To be fair, this is what has been rumored to be happening for months, especially seeing what DLS did & other parks said they'd do. That's why I've waited to renew my AP - I don't want to pay full price for a limited experience. Depending on how long this lasts I may not renew, but I'm not surprised.

I wonder when (or if) we'll get a time line for when restrictions will be lifted. Our trip is the first week in October. I'm actually fine with many of the restrictions, but don't want to fight my 2 and 3 year old over a mask for a week when we can just reschedule if needed.
I wouldn't expect a laid-out timeline anytime soon at least. These restrictions will probably be in place until cases start to dwindle significantly, and that is a moving target.

I’d expect by 2022.

I just went back and re-listened. he said...

"We will deploy a series of soft opening tactics for select audiences several days prior to our July 11th with cast previews and affinity soft opening preview days"

So maybe we get some AP previews in there?!?!?! I am more than willing to burn up some of my vacation days to be a guinea pig.

I can’t imagine we’ll get a timeline until it’s actually about to happen.

With the nature of this virus, and the unknown fall/winter future with flu and COVID , I just can’t imagine them announcing rollbacks on restrictions until it’s more than just suspected to be safe to do so.

especially with them not being afraid to open so much later than other local attractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter