• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney has extended the 7-day final payment policy until further notice. Supposedly, IT hasn't "turned off" the automatic reminder email, but they're not canceling reservations unless final payment isn't received less than 7 days prior to check in.
Really? The only info I can find is that this was only offered until June 30th.

Disney has extended the 7-day final payment policy until further notice. Supposedly, IT hasn't "turned off" the automatic reminder email, but they're not canceling reservations unless final payment isn't received less than 7 days prior to check in.

That’s what they’ve told travel agents but the website stills says check ins through June 30. I booked through Disney direct and at no point have they told me the 7 days applies to my mid-July check in and it’s not what the official website policy is either.

Yes. Look quite a few pages page in this thread. A TA received notification on this. Others have reported it as well. Contact your TA to be sure or call Disney.

The June 30 date is for any guests who have paid in full already. Since, at this point, nobody is really paid in full, there's no real reason to extend it. A TA pages ago on this thread mentioned that Disney sent out a notice to TAs. I've confirmed this with two friends of mine who are Disney TAs as well. If you have any questions, I'd call Walt Disney Travel directly.

The June 30 date is for any guests who have paid in full already. Since, at this point, nobody is really paid in full, there's no real reason to extend it. A TA pages ago on this thread mentioned that Disney sent out a notice to TAs. I've confirmed this with two friends of mine who are Disney TAs as well. If you have any questions, I'd call Walt Disney Travel directly.
Admittedly, it's been hard to keep up on all the info on this thread. Thanks for the info.

I have no idea what or when Disney will actually announce anything specific. Our family discusses this daily as we have a furloughed cast member in our household. He is very anxious to get back to work but has stated he wouldn’t be at all surprised if Disney did not give a definite reopening date yet this week. All of us are just speculating at this point. I’ve followed the task force a bit and have felt from the beginning that Universal appeared much more engaged to get up and running quickly over Disney. Only my impression and I could be wrong.

I have no idea what or when Disney will actually announce anything specific. Our family discusses this daily as we have a furloughed cast member in our household. He is very anxious to get back to work but has stated he wouldn’t be at all surprised if Disney did not give a definite reopening date yet this week. All of us are just speculating at this point. I’ve followed the task force a bit and have felt from the beginning that Universal appeared much more engaged to get up and running quickly over Disney. Only my impression and I could be wrong.
I think there are a lot of us that share you impression. Hope your family member gets called back soon. Sometimes we forget in all the worrying about our trips that people's jobs are at stake here too.

Disney will. Nobody gives a ______ about the mayor...but with Universal and everyone else announcing plans...the share holders and guest will demand and deserve something from them. At this point something has to be said.

Not all shareholders. This shareholder is pleased with their wait and see approach during an unprecedented pandemic. This shareholder is very concerned about them opening too early, the long term effects of an outbreak in the parks, etc.

I think there are a lot of us that share you impression. Hope your family member gets called back soon. Sometimes we forget in all the worrying about our trips that people's jobs are at stake here too.
Thank you for the kind words. The majority of cast members are some really great people who enjoy their work and look forward to making magic for the guests. They want to work again and be there for all of you soon.

I'm a shareholder and I'd prefer more communication.

And that’s great!

Because I don’t think it’s a race to be won and I don’t think covid data currently justifies opening major theme parks at the moment, or even cementing a reopening date, I’m fine with their cautious approach. The situation is too fluid. Others have a different view and that’s fine.

Not all shareholders. This shareholder is pleased with their wait and see approach during an unprecedented pandemic. This shareholder is very concerned about them opening too early, the long term effects of an outbreak in the parks, etc.
As a shareholder myself, I totally agree. I’m a bit disappointed that other entertainment venues appear to be jumping the gun a bit. But I also understand the necessity of a paycheck for their workers. Universal was paying their team members through May 31 so I’m not surprised they want to open. That was money going out the door with no revenue coming in.

And that’s great!

Because I don’t think it’s a race to be won and I don’t think covid data currently justifies opening major theme parks at the moment, or even cementing a reopening date, I’m fine with their cautious approach. The situation is too fluid. Others have a different view and that’s fine.
I don't mind cautious, but as others have mentioned various times in this thread, it's the issues surrounding communication that are troublesome, not the lack of a concrete reopening date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter