• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traditions facilitators wouldn't necessarily handle those types of classes. Those facilitators generally only handle new hire onboarding (most of them facilitate Traditions in addition to performing another role around WDW). I'd imagine Operations facilitators would be far likelier to handle those kind of courses but I wouldn't be surprised if they had higher-ranking leaders and managers facilitating these types of courses right now, given that they'd be in the pilot stage and are dealing with a relatively small group.
I agree. Im just excited people are starting to get called back

got the mail! Thank goodness.

The feedback was plentiful and fierce before Friday and they still went ahead with their consumer un-friendly plan. Now they’ve eaten crow and are extending it (like they should have originally) and still layering on all the bonuses. Why not just follow the Disney model - Disney already laid it out for them to follow and they already got to view that feedback.

Oh well. Hopefully we’ll get to go a few times around Halloween or Christmas and then next spring. I don’t trust sesame place while social distancing and masks are still recommended. Their queues are often stuffed and are relatively short. They don’t have the space for proper social distancing.

Yeah my favorite time to Go is Halloween and Christmas, and even then it’s really crowded sometimes. Plus it’s so small there are very few places to escape the crowds.

The difference is Disney passes run 365 days while sesame place runs a calendar year, so are they going to extend for the whole 2021 pass year or Just add a month or two on to the pass? I hope the whole 2021, but that isn’t clear yet.

Yeah my favorite time to Go is Halloween and Christmas, and even then it’s really crowded sometimes. Plus it’s so small there are very few places to escape the crowds.

The difference is Disney passes run 365 days while sesame place runs a calendar year, so are they going to extend for the whole 2021 pass year or Just add a month or two on to the pass? I hope the whole 2021, but that isn’t clear yet.

They’re being extended for a duration equivalent to the closure. From the email:

“All active Season Passes will be automatically extended into 2021 for a period of time equivalent to the length of closure.”

Is traditions training park specific? If they are moving someone from Epcot to Disney Springs would they go through a different traditions training? Or if they were moving from Epcot to AK?

Are any of you following the Shanghai Disney frequent flyers on Instagram? Several are posting stories showing the changes there, and while Disney is trying a lot if it is kind of being ignored. One girl said it's not disrespect, just that Shanghai has been back to normal in a lot of ways and everyone is just over it. (Distancing in queues etc..)

Seriously, then just don't go if someone can't handle masks. Geez
My wife is a nurse and wears a mask 12 hours a day. She will not wear one on vacation. Maybe you can, but before you comment on how it’s not a big deal wear one for hours a day. A carpenter wears a tool belt all day and it’s not a big deal. On vacation it’s a different story. Maybe you are a doctor and can handle a mask for hours and hours. Most people here aren’t, so don’t talk about how it’s not a big deal to wear one until you do it.

My wife is a nurse and wears a mask 12 hours a day. She will not wear one on vacation. Maybe you can, but before you comment on how it’s not a big deal wear one for hours a day. A carpenter wears a tool belt all day and it’s not a big deal. On vacation it’s a different story. Maybe you are a doctor and can handle a mask for hours and hours. Most people here aren’t, so don’t talk about how it’s not a big deal to wear one until you do it.

She may have to wear one on vacation if the destination has a mask or face covering rule in place.

They’re being extended for a duration equivalent to the closure. From the email:

“All active Season Passes will be automatically extended into 2021 for a period of time equivalent to the length of closure.”

Right and not to take this off topic, but since there passes run a calendar year, let’s say they open in July, you get till next July free then what? Need to renew? And only get till dec? Or till theY add the following year (like they always do in August)... it’s 100% better then the earlier offer, but will depend when it opens how the benefit actually works.

That simply isn't true from an epidemiological standpoint. New clusters can happen anywhere.
This is almost certainly incorrect scientifically when it comes to this virus. All the research done so far says certain environmental factors and time exposure are required to create a situation where a cluster can happen because of the viral load needed to cause infection. The open spaces of WDW Parks in the Florida sun and humidity are among the least likely places for transmission. If you are going to get a cluster from WDW it is most likely to come from a restaurant or large family coming together at DVC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter