Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOBODY knows how to handle this situation, but the people that were allowed to book or reschedule trips have a partial right to be upset. Disney shouldnt have let anyone book a vacation if they didnt know when they would actually be open. Thats just bad optics. Come June 1st if they arent open, you couldnt pay me enough to be on the other end of those phone calls as a CM.

How could they possibly have known without a doubt they could open June 1, or any date?

If Disney has to cancel all of those June people who already were cancelled and rebooked on the special offer, one of the consequences to the company will be that all guests will most likely be hesitant to book anything with them for a long time.

The folks that rebooked for the next possible opening date are the ones that are most addicted to WDW. They are having serious withdrawal symptoms and need their "hit" ASAP. If the June 1 date changes, you'll see a lot of upset folks saying they just won't go to WDW anymore. Don't believe a single one, the addiction is too strong.

NOBODY knows how to handle this situation, but the people that were allowed to book or reschedule trips have a partial right to be upset. Disney shouldnt have let anyone book a vacation if they didnt know when they would actually be open. Thats just bad optics. Come June 1st if they arent open, you couldnt pay me enough to be on the other end of those phone calls as a CM.

It is possible that they don’t know when they will actually open and are preparing for different timing scenarios. Should they cancel ALL future trips? Not let anyone rebook at all?

My 2 cents (and posted this weeks ago in another thread), Disney will open up in June.

Weeks ago that seemed crazy to think. Once states began opening up it started a domino effect, similar to the shutdowns initially that we all agreed to do so that we could help not overwhelm hospitals (ie 'flatten the curve').

7 weeks worth of data suggests this isn't worth staying shut down for any longer. We will get Disney and our country back sooner than most think. If you have a res in June, I'd recommend keeping it.

I disagree re: Disney shouldn't have let anyone book a vacation. I think part of being able to reopen is understanding if the crowds will come - you can't just blindly open the parks and then no one shows...They have to have confidence that when they start tossing around dates people will come. Seeing reservations is a sign of confidence. They can always give the money back.

I can't speak for that poster, but I'd argue it would be foolish to be upset at Disney for not opening June 1st considering this is a very fluid and unprecedented situation. I understand booking in June if that's the time you can go, but also understanding it can change. Not directing it at you, but others who seem to be upset about it.
I agree it would be foolish to be upset with Disney if they don’t open. My issue was being labeled as foolish as someone who rebooked for June. Many who rebooked were hopeful but also realistic. I hate generalizations.

I much prefer being able to book for a time they think they might be open rather than wait until what is probably going to be a weeks notice, maybe 2 that they are opening and then scramble for a reservation and make last minute plans. As it is, I have my reservation, my FP's are in place. The things I could book that I want to book are. If they don't open by my date, I don't do anything. Disney cancels and refunds me and I book at the next projected date. I think most people who booked after the closing would agree. Waiting until they have an absolutely announced date would be really inconvenient- just as much as having to re-book. Honestly, I think they do have a date. I think they had it in March when they put out the offer. They just aren't telling us.

Unfortunatly agree. There are things people can do to reduce their risk of getting it but there are also a lot of people that won't/don't that will then put others at risk. That's why I'm a bit concerned about reopening now but the die is cast and all we can do now is just hope it is going to all work out and hope there are a lot less people in that group then I expect there are.
This is a constant thing with inconsiderate people, how often do you see people leave a bathroom without washing their hands and putting people at risk for norovirus, e-coli, etc... Yet we still go out

How can they commit to a date when they will need to see how the reopening is working. We won’t get a date until 3 weeks from now. If things are going well then they’ll announce a day. If things aren’t going well then they don’t have to look foolish announcing fo the world they’ll be open in a month and having people make plans just for them to cancel them. And not just Florida. They need cases to be going down everywhere in America because having just pass holders coming won’t be a reason for them to open. Do you really think someone 2-4 hours away who doesn’t have a passholder and has been to Disney before is gonna be ponying up 500 dollars to take his family to Disney for a day?

I'm curious...who here has a reservation for June that will be angry at WDW for allowing you to book if they aren't open? Not looking to go after you, just wondering if most of those complaining that they did allow booking even have reservations for June?

My guess is June 1 is their target date. They won't announce an official date until they see how the next 10 or so days go. They want to see where they can be logistically at the point, how the first week of Florida's reopening plays out and to see where public opinion is at. They aren't going to announce an opening day until they are sure they won't have to move it.
I guess what I didn’t like about the quote is that he didn’t say we aren’t sure if we will open June 1st but “in June”.

How can they commit to a date when they will need to see how the reopening is working. We won’t get a date until 3 weeks from now. If things are going well then they’ll announce a day. If things aren’t going well then they don’t have to look foolish announcing fo the world they’ll be open in a month and having people make plans just for them to cancel them.

Agree which is why I think the June 1 date is unlikely. Things would have to go perfectly to hit that. They would need 2-3 weeks of very good data and that leaves 1-2 week to reacall CMs, train, implement new procedures (install 6 ftt markets, plexiglss, etc). Not saying it's impossible but that is a very tight timeframe. I think mid-june is likely the earliest.

The folks that rebooked for the next possible opening date are the ones that are most addicted to WDW. They are having serious withdrawal symptoms and need their "hit" ASAP. If the June 1 date changes, you'll see a lot of upset folks saying they just won't go to WDW anymore. Don't believe a single one, the addiction is too strong.
I have several teacher friends who had to rebook for June/July after their spring break trips were cancelled simply because that's the only time they knew they could go. Now the ones that rebooked for June feel they are just out of luck since they can't go any other time when the free dining deal was given for them to use. It really is unfortunate, and I know they aren't addicted since most only go every few years and just wanted to take their kids. I know they will go again, but it'll probably be a while since it looks like our state is looking to make education budget cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter