Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many moving pieces with this plan. I don't think an accurate opening prediction is realistic.

I know a lot of you want to be optimistic. I'd start looking at the progress of testing technology. I think an accurate and speedy test that can be mass produced is the place you want to pin your hopes. I'll never go to MK with a mask and gloves and miss 75% of the experience. I will absolutely go for the full experience where I'm forced to stay on site after a brief quarantine (<60mins) and testing off site. I think most people are in that boat.

A speedy test that quarantines the sick solves the billions of issues getting WDW back open faces.

If anyone is interested. Live call with officials going on right now talking about reopening florida tourism.

https://cbs12.com/watch
Talking about how "local floridians" will be the first people to get the tourism and economy going again in FLorida.

4 phases

Phase 2 is business open to LOCALS

Phase 3 is out of state and international.

Phase 3 will be within 3 to 6 months

I will update as much as i can......

Phase 2 begins as soon as Home at Stay order is lifted

Phase 4 is mass marketing to get people around the world back to Florida

Wonder if WDW will interpret "locals" to include DVC owners.

You assume.... wait and see. I say unlikely.
You assume that we will delay opening everything back up until it is safe again for everyone. It won't be safe again until there is a safe and effective vaccine. That will most likely be years if not a decade plus away. We aren't shutting down for that long. A few more months of this and half the country will be destitute and destitute voters mean elected officials losing their jobs. We are quickly approaching the point where the public and the politicians are going to say that we did what we had to do to prevent the healthcare system from collapsing under the weight of an initial surge, but continuing to do what we are doing is going to cause more harm than good.

Thre is way to much concern on here on the screenings at the airport, the screenings most likely will be relaxed pretty soon after or with the stay at home. By the time Disney is open and people want to travel this screenings willl be over.
I agree it's short-term, not forever. The EO-52, State of Emergency, was signed 3/9 and sunsets 60 days from that date. I'm sure the government hoped there would be no need to extend anything when the Traveler EO's were first linked to the SOE. Currently, I'd say any extension would be bc the DOH demanded it. Those officials sounded pretty upbeat yesterday, so sounds promising.

[
Wait... What?? Just because the flight WENT to New Orleans then ATL then to MCO they have to self quarantine for 14 DAYS ? That is ridiculous. How in the world does that make a difference? If you are not a resident of FL then why are they even allowing anyone to fly there if they must isolate 14 days? And just to be clear EVERY PASSENGER must isolate for 14 days? I called United over the weekend to ask about the travel restriction and of course they said nothing about the mandatory 14 day isolation. Will you please direct me to the source so that I can use that as leverage with them to get a refund? I am not staying in FL for 14 days - only 7 and so i can not isolate even if I did not go to the parks. Of course, my resort stay has a slim to none chance of happening.

on the plus side though: Park hours for WDW are still up starting May 10

I mean, if the state of Florida is this worried, maybe they should halt all incoming flights. Because this is ridiculous.

As a moderator and trying to help rteez as much as possible , remember that if there are any posters you don't particularly agree with/ enjoy our area just tired of seeing their posts, there's a handy dandy way to ignore. Just click on their name and ignore and you won't see their posts. Much easier than going back and forth with the same argument over and over. It'll allow the moderator of this forum to go through comments quicker

I think (and most others that have discussed it in the DVC forums) DVC hotels will be one of the first places to open when allowed by the state and county.
Isn't there a DVC specific forum to ask these question. I had comments deleted by the Moderator for not staying onto task, so please keep comments to what is on this board.

You assume that we will delay opening everything back up until it is safe again for everyone. It won't be safe again until there is a safe and effective vaccine. That will most likely be years if not a decade plus away. We aren't shutting down for that long. A few more months of this and half the country will be destitute and destitute voters mean elected officials losing their jobs. We are quickly approaching the point where the public and the politicians are going to say that we did what we had to do to prevent the healthcare system from collapsing under the weight of an initial surge, but continuing to do what we are doing is going to cause more harm than good.
You're making assumptions that you know what I assume!

My opinion is they nothing is fixed right now. Stuff will reopen, most of it not as soon as some posters here claim. From that there may be new spikes in cases which may push things back again.

Nothing is set in stone, everything is a variable right now.

As a moderator and trying to help rteez as much as possible , remember that if there are any posters you don't particularly agree with/ enjoy our area just tired of seeing their posts, there's a handy dandy way to ignore. Just click on their name and ignore and you won't see their posts. Much easier than going back and forth with the same argument over and over. It'll allow the moderator of this forum to go through comments quicker

But how will I know if I got the last word in.

To clarify again, my opinion has and is, Disney Springs will be open in mid-May with stores and restaurants open with social distancing methods in place.
How will Disney sell merchandise in Disney Springs ? The virus sticks to everything, will we need to use glows and face masks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter