Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
When your flight gets stuck on the tarmac for 4 hours, they never tell you it's going to be a 4 hour delay. If they did people would riot and open the emergency door. They tell you just a few more moments every 15 minutes for however long you're stuck.

This quarantine is the same thing. Unless the mechanic figures out the glitch (instant testing/vaccine) we're stuck on the tarmac for just a few more minutes...

I predict everyday will bring this thread new posters who are 6 weeks out from their vacation pinning their hopes on random news stories. "The Topeka Public Library is opening back up on a limited basis! This means Disney Springs should be open next week at the latest"

When your flight gets stuck on the tarmac for 4 hours, they never tell you it's going to be a 4 hour delay. If they did people would riot and open the emergency door. They tell you just a few more moments every 15 minutes for however long you're stuck.

This quarantine is the same thing. Unless the mechanic figures out the glitch (instant testing/vaccine) we're stuck on the tarmac for just a few more minutes...

I predict everyday will bring this thread new posters who are 6 weeks out from their vacation pinning their hopes on random news stories. "The Topeka Public Library is opening back up on a limited basis! This means Disney Springs should be open next week at the latest"
Well said, in other words........hurry up and wait.

I've been saying that since day one that this isn't just a few weeks type of deal. It's a lot easier to get compliance for two weeks of inconvenience than to come right and say 2+ years. Andrew Cuomo saying today basically, "we are doing good, but we need another month of lockdowns." Of course in a month it will be extended another month. And so on and so on. But eventually this is going to reach a point where people won't take anymore. Already you are seeing that in some states people are pushing back.

Oh wow....I would be madder than a hornet's nest at this point. Yes, I want to give Disney the benefit of the doubt; I know they've got a lot on their place. But, I truly, truly thought Disney would take care of people.

Not that I advocate for lying usually, but perhaps you could stay at the airport when you get in...and re-do your DME reservation with an incoming flight that would be coming in the following morning, so you can get transportation to WDW. Sometimes you can get some good deals at the airport. Sometimes not.

You might look into renting DVC points...it's not going to be as cheap as the All Stars, but it will likely be a little less than the mods, considering the rental points is the total price, no tax tacked on. (Or tax is baked in the cake so to speak) It's a risk, because most of the time DVC point rentals are non-refundable. But, if you find an owner looking to try to unload points that are going to expire, you might get lucky and get a deal.

Great ideas, thank you!! I was thinking about DVC points too! We might just wait and see what deals we can get closer to the date. Maybe an airport hotel like you mentioned.

Just a thought but do you think the cancellation of your first night could have something to do with your flight arriving after midnight? because technically it looks like your flight and Magical Express reservation is for the day after your arrival even though actually it isn't?

that is the confusing thing. I linked the magical express to the first night (canceled one) and I received a confirmation 12 hours after we received the cancellation. It’s all very strange. I’m not sure!

I think I've read through most of this thread but definitely not everything so I may have missed this. Are there thoughts on how Disney would address the usage of masks once they reopen? Would they hand out disposable ones at the gates and at restaurants? Is there a precedence for mask necessity at any of the overseas parks?

Availability for values that time has been darn near non-existent.

It is absurd they did not tell you why they cancelled your room! Have you thought about mentioning it on Twitter and tagging some of the louder Disney bloggers?

It is definitely upsetting, but that is a good idea! 🤔

I've been saying that since day one that this isn't just a few weeks type of deal. It's a lot easier to get compliance for two weeks of inconvenience than to come right and say 2+ years. Andrew Cuomo saying today basically, "we are doing good, but we need another month of lockdowns." Of course in a month it will be extended another month. And so on and so on. But eventually this is going to reach a point where people won't take anymore. Already you are seeing that in some states people are pushing back.
I agree they can't keep this going forever. We can't go back to the way things were right away either. Start with non-essential businesses first like construction, restaurants, and malls first with limited capacity. If cases stay low then open more things. IMO there is a reason Cedar Fair is extending season passes til next season. They don't think they will be open much this season. I think Disney parks will be closed til late summer at the earliest. Disney Springs will probably be opening sooner though

Yes, well said. And all of this should be framed as a need to get people back to work – instead of figuring out the first moment people can go on vacation. Once this is over, I will be doing as much as I can to help lift local businesses affected by this instead of the billion-dollar international media conglomerate. I shouldn’t be surprised by some of the short sightedness, but gosh.

Great ideas, thank you!! I was thinking about DVC points too! We might just wait and see what deals we can get closer to the date. Maybe an airport hotel like you mentioned.

If you do DVC points don't use a broker right now. They are in a mess of trouble right now sorting through the current closures. If doing it, I'd try to work directly with an owner.... and make sure there is a clause in the contract for what happens if resorts are closed (which many brokers did not have which is why they are a mess right now)

Yes, we’ll said. And all of this should be framed as a need to get people back to work – instead of figuring out the first moment people can go on vacation. I shouldn’t be surprised by some of the short sightedness, but gosh.
It's not most people's intent when discussing this, but you should note that employees of travel destinations should be included in "getting back to work."

I think I've read through most of this thread but definitely not everything so I may have missed this. Are there thoughts on how Disney would address the usage of masks once they reopen? Would they hand out disposable ones at the gates and at restaurants? Is there a precedence for mask necessity at any of the overseas parks?
Everybody has a thought on that running the gauntlet from no mask to as close to N95 as you can get. There isn't even a decent rumor on IF masks will be required in that lovely FL weather. Reality is there have been no substantiated rumors as to what Disney may or may not require.

Good luck! I hope it all works out.

I would still be pretty upset with Disney though. You'd think if it was something about you arriving after midnight, they would have been able to tell you that...not just leave you in the dark and give you no information.

Right but ppl will catch on eventually & compliance will go way down. It’s already starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter