Cruise 10/11/2003 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by tammeb
Had thought about bathing the dogs, but then I'd need another shower. Could clip their nails I guess, but they won't like me for awhile and I'd like to leave them on a good note!

So, I'm down to computer games and watching this silly board :)

See you all soon!

Our two Bassett Hounds know something is up!! I have friends coming to take care of them, we are giving them the run of the main floor... couch is covered so they and lay on it and look out the window without moving.. sounds much like being on a cruise!!

Originally posted by matty204
Our two Bassett Hounds know something is up!! I have friends coming to take care of them, we are giving them the run of the main floor... couch is covered so they and lay on it and look out the window without moving.. sounds much like being on a cruise!!

Ours know as soon as the suitcases come out. Normally, someone stays behind for them (this time, my husband and younger DS of course) but it's never really uncomfortable for them. However, they are staying pretty close by my side this evening. The Rottweiler is at my hip looking as if he's ready to nap; the Boston Terror (oh, Terrier) is running around trying to get one of the other two to play with him without much luck and the Boxer, as always, is intently watching my husband tear apart another computer. Life is good...

It's just about midnight; 4 hrs until my airport shuttle gets here. Tony's happy watching TV; bet he'll fall asleep before long. I did some grocery shopping for the boys left behind so they won't eat out all week.

So, here I am. Another night that, thankfully, I don't mind being a sleepless one :)

I've got puzzles I can do and card games I can play. I should be fine.

(Thanks to Mary's help! :p )

I tried making two posts last night but finally gave up as it was obvious something wasn't working right. :(

We should be outta here in less than an hour. I needed one last computer fix before we headed out.

As I tried saying before...my brother won't be going with us. :( He works for one of the local grocery store chains, and all three of them decided to strike yesterday. So, since he's in management, he has to stay at work and cover the stores during the strike. :( We're going to miss him and I know especially Lauren and Matthew will miss their buddy Uncle Lenny.:chat:

When he decided to go we had to get an extra room so now we're stuck with it. (no insurance was purchased)

I just had to wish my sweet little girl Lauren a Happy 8th Birthday! I can't believe she's already eight years old. She entered into this world at 9:31 a.m. CST. Love ya Lauren!! :earsboy: :earsgirl:

birthdaybox.gif

I hope everyone has a safe trip and I can't wait to meet you all on Saturday! :boat:

Gottago as Mike is up and probably wondering what I'm doing.::yes:: See you soon!! :chat:

LISA please call me at 781 858 8151 we would love to get it.. $$$$$ thanks peter

Good morning y'all. The shuttle driver should be here any minute now. This will be my last post before I get to Florida. I can't believe it's finally here!

Happy Birthday Lauren!
So sorry your brother can't make the trip!

Today is my last day of work! My vacation begins at 4:30pm! I filled out my request form for next years cruise yesterday and found the one I filled out for this year. I almost had a heart attack when I saw it did not have my bosses signature on it (must be signed by my boss or it's NOT approved). I took it to my boss and had her sign it in front of me! She kidded me about not knowing about my plans (as if AS if ANYONE I work with caould NOT know about my trip!:rolleyes: )

Peter, I hope Lisa saw your post and called you before leaving.

Safe trip to everyone leaving today.

Last count was 16 families at the Radisson on Friday.See you all in 2 days!And the rest of you in 3!::yes::

Can't believe that we are leaving this afternoon. My secretary asked me what time I was leaving today and I said between noon and 1pm. She laughed and said well if you left then and went home and packed you'd be stuck in afternoon rush hour. I said nope all packed and being in rush hour traffic was at least on the way. She asked if I knew how much work I was leaving behind and I said that she went on vacation during the blackout and left me to cope so I have faith that she'll get through it! :D

Actually I think everyone can't wait til I leave so that they can stop hearing about it. Everyone knows and actually my secretary asked me what disney beanies I'm bringing back for my office.

Our dog Lily knows that something's going on because we partially loaded the car last night -- after we vaccuumed it in the dark! I think she knows that it's just the two of us going though and she's hanging around us rather than my DS who gives her more food.

DS has decided that maybe he should have said that he wanted to go so I think he may make the trip next time.

Must go and move the suitcases down to the front hall ready to be loaded into the van. Have to go to the bank this morning and get the US money and pay one more bill.

Safe journeys everyone.

Fiona

Oh Forgot. Happy Birthday Lauren!!! It's great to spend your birthday on the way to Mickey!!

Fiona

wow, everyone has really been busy posting!:Pinkbounc :bounce: I can't wait tomorrow is my last day of work. I decided that instead of leaving work at 3:30 like normal, I'm leaving around 1:00. :teeth:

Can't wait to see everyone. Especially ::MickeyMo and ::MinnieMo

Hope everyone has a safe trip.

Oh, and Happy Birthday Lauren princess:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAUREN GOEKE!!! Hope you are having a great day on your way to meet Mickey and we (the Pennsylvania delegation) can't wait to meet you--will you save us a piece of cake??? HAVE A GREAT MICKEY DAY!!! Mary Jo, Sam and Sarahprincess: princess: princess:

Safe travels to all of our posters who are leaving today...GoofyNut; Fiona; Lisa and to all of the drivers leaving on Thursday...papa; hopelea (hope...I am having withdrawal from you not posting!!) Tulirose and whoever else is driving on Thursday.

I am working until noon tomorrow (looks like we think alike piglett33!!) and guess I will start to pack..I am a last minute packer that way I try to remember everything to bring from my lists (if I can find my lists!!) We fly out at 6:10 p.m. and we are only one exit away from our local airport so time won't be a problem!! We are connecting in Pittsburgh and will meet Dan and Scott's family!!! Can't wait to see everyone!!! Mary Jo

Hi Everyone--- Spent all last night ironing and packing. Have all the clothing and shoes packed in 2 suitcases. I did cut back this year, but still seems like alot of clothing. Plus I have alot of mix and match outfits to go with my navy and black skirts. I am also planning on doing white capri pants and a top for Palo's brunch. Plus capri pants for tropical night. I even limited my shoes. Only need to do my carry on bag with all the necessary things we need.

Got a haircut last Friday. Still want to get my nails done on Thursday. Grass mowing tonight and house cleaning on Thursday.

George and Barb--- So nice to hear from you and we will miss you on this trip. But will be envious of you when you cruise in Feb. Drop me a line sometime and maybe the 4 of us can get together.

Mike--- I see you already have the countdown clock for our 10/2 cruise. Norm got the ok from his boss to go on vacation that week, so will be signing up while on board.

Happy Birthday Lauren.

Have a safe trip to all those who are starting their trips. We will see everyone eithe late Friday night or Sat morning.

Only Today and Thursday left to work. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Got to get busy here at work.

Nancy

Happy Birthday, Lauren!!

Safe travels to everyone leaving today. Can't wait to meet everyone!

I called DCL this a.m. about MIL's poison ivy. They said, to be on the safe side, she should get a letter from her doctor saying that it's ok for her to travel and that she's not contagious. Her face is still really swollen, but at least she can see out of both eyes now.

We leave tomorrow. Flight leaves at 7:55 p.m. and we get into Orlando at 11:59.

Still need to finish packing, but I have Becca here all day today, then a school meeting tonight. It will get done one way or another.

See you all soon!!

Colleen

We all know how much forecasts can change from day to day, but here's what they're calling for at the moment. Pretty good so far!!

Cape Canaveral forecast for Friday:
High 83º, Low 68º with 30% chance of isolated T- storms

Cape Canaveral forecast for Saturday:
High 85º, Low 68º with a 30% chance of scattered T-storms

Key West forecast for Sunday:
High 87º, Low 78º with 30% chance of isolated T-storms

Grand Cayman forecast for Tuesday:
High 87º, Low 79º with 30% chance of showers

Cozumel forecast for Wedneday:
High 89º, Low 70º and 30% chance of showers

Safe travels to those leaving today......How exciting ! We are out of here about 3:30 tomorrow morning....:Pinkbounc

We'll see some of you Friday & most of you on Sat......

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: all the time...

Bette

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter