• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise 10/11/2003 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody posted about early embarkation (Ave' or Mary) and I believe (hopefully) embarkation will start around 11:45 a.m. we were told?!

Hope, sorry to hear Sara is sick. Better now than on the cruise! The colds/fevers are making their rounds right now, DH is #5 to get sick, and hopefully it will skip me. Hopefully that means we'll all be healthy on the cruise.

I hope your mother is o.k.

We want our documents!!!! This will cause me to have to double my Prozac;);)

I need to get into the bed and get some rest. Secret project is coming right along. Mike

Nurses stress over not being stressed! I am a nurse and I know that of which I speak. Coming up on 20 years of nurseiness. All done in the NICU. When you see the gray hair you will know. :p

There is no charge for anything!!!!! We are doing it for the love of it. No one owes for anything except for what someone asked for some one to get them at DW. Mike and I are bringing good old GOO GOO's. We started handing out stuff from our states with the first Cruisetoberfest. Several of us brought flags to wave because it was the first cruise after 911 and several of us were handing out the stuff we had brought from our homes to other Dis'ers. Yes a CM came by on both cruises to see what we were doing and to make sure that no one was selling. (Disney wants all their money!) I gave her some goo goos and a flag. Mary gave her some stuff last year too. (Probably a different CM :) ) We just have a blast and it is an ice breaker too. :bounce:

Now it is different if you have asked someone to get you something. That is between you and that person.

Hope, I hope your little one is well for the cruise. Your mom is in my prayers. All of you stay well! Only one more weekend off for me and I have to get everything ready this weekend! Yea! Florida is in my sights.

Take care stay well, Kathy with a K

Well Mike, I didn't know you were on. :p Caught me on the boards from work. Getting off now to feed a baby.

Take care, Kathy

For anyone who is interested, I'm planning on doing a couple of walks (purely for exercise) on the ship on our "all day at sea" days. I'm planning for 8am and if anyone would like to join me, it would feel a lot more like fun and a lot less like exercise :-)

On the group planner page there was a suggested "Morning walk on Deck 4" and this would likely qualify (since I don't care where I walk).

Anyhow, I guess what I'm saying is that if anyone is interested, I'd be willing to compile a list of names and such, not like we'd need t-shirts for it or anything, but we would be able to toot our own horns and say that even on vacation, we're sticking to our fitness plans!!!! (or just use up the extra calories we burn on an double dessert, your choice)

Besides, if I have some folks to be accountable to, I can't back out on my plan....

OK, now I can't sleep. I'm thinking about the docs, I'm thinking about meeting you all, I'm thinking about my packing list, I'm thinking about contacting Tony's teachers to get his homework, I'm thinking that I should be in bed since I have to get up for work in 5 hrs. Dang.

Nurses? Yeah, I can imagine stress. With all the surgeries I've been through in the past year and a half, I've met a lot of great nurses (and a few not-so-great ones) and I have nothing but sympathy. However, I have my share too. I work at Microsoft. We have our moments as well.

I'm putting together goody bags too. I ordered some things I hope get here in time and I'm thinking about putting some Microsoft exclusive stuff in there; can't get anymore Washington State than that!!!! We'll see.

So that's your warning; you'll likely see me pool-side with my laptop. I don't go far without it. Not work mind you, I can put that aside pretty easily, but I'm addicted to the thing. It has all my information, planning, etc. I build web pages around my vacations to show the folks back home what I'm up to and this one won't be any different. Tony will need one as well to keep track of his homework in an orderly fashion. Haven't decided if we need two laptops or if I can suffice with one laptop for Tony and my Tablet PC. I really wanted a DVD drive, but if Tony's has one, we might get by and it would really lighten the carry-on load for our 7 hr flight to Orlando. Hmmm.... Just in cast anyone is in need of a quick Disney fix, here's the link to some of my past trips. I'm no great photographer, but for those who've been there a couple of times, I'm sure the scenery will be familiar and rather comfortable http://baltazar.winisp.net/disney/

SHHHHHH, made a special surprise today for SueEllen and Barb, my two bestest Disney Buddies. They find out soon enough what it is when it arrives in the mail but I was thinking about them and the trip and, like everyone else, needed something to make these long days of waiting go by faster. I hope they like them.

Was at the Disney Store yesterday and they had a Stitch plush, probably about 12 in high, for $5.99!!! Had to pick one up and he's now my new cabin mascot. Hope Tony remembers to pack him as I gave it to him.

Anyway, I've rambled long enough. Still trying to get sleepy, but it's not working. Thanks for listening (reading) ;)

OK, one more post and I'm going to bed.

Tell me about internet access? Is there any? Am I going to be able to unload my laptop of all it's pictures at anytime during the cruise or will I need to wait until I get back on land? Enquiring minds want to know!!!

How about the spa? How much does it cost? Is it worth it? I love spa treatments!! Plan on getting my nails done before the trip, eyebrows waxed and all, but I'm wondering what the onboard spa offers and if it's worth paying the premium price. Sure would be a pleasant little luxury :). It is hard to get an appointment?

How about secrets? OK, you veteran crusiers, what little tours, amenities, specials, are offered that are advertised in the brochures? Anything you'd care to share with us newbies? I am SO EXCITED!!!!! can you tell?

Welcome Melanie and Tevagirl!! great to have more people....

Eric : Glad to see you both are doing well and scare all the Manatees away.... Have a good time and we look forward to see ing you soon on board..

tammeb: Great webpage.....

Just got back from Switzerland today.... work... work ... work..

Tammy, I know what you mean about sleeping (or rather NOT sleeping). I get up several times a night and my mind starts racing about the trip.
Helpful hints??? The bigest one is to read the posts on this board, as well as the trip reports!
Some others:
1)pack light
2)bring an over the door shoe holder for the bathroom. Great for holding all the small things!
3)bring a collapsible cooler for drinks and excutions
4)make you spa and Palo reservations as soon as you board
5)The spa "menu" is on Barb's web site. It has treatment discribtions as well as prices
6) DO NOT miss the DIS meet at the sail away party!!
7) bring a highlighter to mark you "Navigator" each day.
8) if you plan on doing laundry, do it early in the day, or late at night and avoid the crowd.
9) DO NOT miss "Disney Dreams"
10) Have what you will need for the 1st half of the day in your carry on bag. Your luggage can take awhile to be delivered to your cabin.
11)Make photo copies of your birth certificates, drivers licence, credit cards, passports (just in case)
12)use the storage under the bed for suitcases

Internet is available, BUT you will not be able to upload any pictures. Unlimited use is 89.00 or you can do the per min. charge(I think it's .75/min?)

Count me in on the morning walks!The reason for them being on deck four is that is where the "walking/jogging path is. You can go all the way around the ship (1/8 mile I think).

Time to get to work!

I guess I will be sending Sara to school this AM........the last time she was sick was 9:30 PM..........keep your fingers crossed.

Must go pack her lunch.........

Have a wonderful day........

Hope

Hope -- pixie dust for your daughter and your mother.

Cruise nightmare -- I had a nightmare that I couldn't find my passport which we need to sail. I actually had to get up in the middle of the night and find it before I could go back to sleep.

Another nightmare is that my DS finally got his learner's permit for driving. I thought I was ready for this and since he could have gotten it last summer when he turned 16 and didn't it's not like I haven't had time to adjust. He now wants to drive my van though and this I'm not ready for. He got it yesterday and that was ok because it was rainy so said he couldn't drive because it was raining. Today it's not supposed to rain all day and he's dying to try it. I wish I could tell him to wait til Sunday and we'll go to a shopping mall parking lot but with Sunday shopping they are all full on Sundays. I think I may chicken out and tell him to call his Dad and have his Dad do it. I feel like such a party pooper because I do recall getting my learner's permit and waiting to drive immediately but ugh the stress.

Have a good day everyone. Have to get DS out of the shower. Told him that even if he missed his bus he still wasn't driving the car to school.

Fiona

Originally posted by LisaGoeke
Hi Melanie, welcome to the group! Along with my DH and four children, my parents and brother are also going along with us. I have a daughter who will turn eight the day we drive down to Orlando, so it's nice to hear there's another girl her age! I can't believe it's almost here! :Pinkbounc

Hi Lisa, this is Kim here.. What do you want the family name to be for your parents/brother ? Also, what is their city & state.

Thanks, Kim

Originally posted by hopelea
I guess I will be sending Sara to school this AM........the last time she was sick was 9:30 PM..........keep your fingers crossed.

Hope

Hi Hope, wish all goes well for Sara.. Did we get on your list for the laminated cruiselogo cards ? If not can we still get added if it is not too late.

Thanks, Bette & Kim

Wow, you all have been busy while I've been sleeping. No nightmares this time, yeah!:o

Count me in with the group of walkers (maybe). I can't commit in stone as with four little ones I usually can't get out of the house before 10 a.m. so 8 a.m. is a little early, but we shall see. I walk regularly (either outside or on my treadmill) and a walk around the ship while we're at sea sounds wonderful!

Kim, the family name for my parents and brother is Marquardt. They are also from St. Louis, MO. I will have to find out what their room #'s are...one of them was recently upgraded I believe.

Originally posted by papa
We want our documents!!!! This will cause me to have to double my Prozac;);)

I need to get into the bed and get some rest. Secret project is coming right along. Mike

Mike,
don't take too much Prozac - It may interfere with othe medication!! Such as: It starts with a "V", but I can't remember its name :jester:

Originally posted by hopelea

Hope

Good to hear that Sara is well again. Sending Pixie Dust for Tiigermom!!!

Gotta hurry now, diving lessons are starting in 10 minutes.

C U

Originally posted by RellingTwin
Tammy, I know what you mean about sleeping (or rather NOT sleeping). I get up several times a night and my mind starts racing about the trip.
Helpful hints??? The bigest one is to read the posts on this board, as well as the trip reports!
Some others:
1)pack light
2)bring an over the door shoe holder for the bathroom. Great for holding all the small things!
3)bring a collapsible cooler for drinks and excutions
4)make you spa and Palo reservations as soon as you board
5)The spa "menu" is on Barb's web site. It has treatment discribtions as well as prices
6) DO NOT miss the DIS meet at the sail away party!!
7) bring a highlighter to mark you "Navigator" each day.
8) if you plan on doing laundry, do it early in the day, or late at night and avoid the crowd.
9) DO NOT miss "Disney Dreams"
10) Have what you will need for the 1st half of the day in your carry on bag. Your luggage can take awhile to be delivered to your cabin.
11)Make photo copies of your birth certificates, drivers licence, credit cards, passports (just in case)
12)use the storage under the bed for suitcases

Internet is available, BUT you will not be able to upload any pictures. Unlimited use is 89.00 or you can do the per min. charge(I think it's .75/min?)

Count me in on the morning walks!The reason for them being on deck four is that is where the "walking/jogging path is. You can go all the way around the ship (1/8 mile I think).

Time to get to work!

It's a quarter of a mile and don't be suprised when you see Gaby, Anja, Jeff and me flashing by on our morning-RUN :p

I want my documents! I called Dreams to see if they had been sent and Disney sent them to our old address even after 2 calls to verify the correct address! They said we could always just pick them up at the port but the whole fun is getting that package delivered! I am bummed.

Melanie

Originally posted by tammeb
For anyone who is interested, I'm planning on doing a couple of walks (purely for exercise) on the ship on our "all day at sea" days. I'm planning for 8am and if anyone would like to join me, it would feel a lot more like fun and a lot less like exercise :-)
Count me in! I plan to do a Deck 4 walk every day, usually mornings. The exception will be if I am out too late the night before (should not happen often!), in which case I will do an evening walk instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter