• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise 10/11/2003 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening everyone!!

We had a great time at the MK on Saturday. The new Mickey's PhilharMagic show is absolutely awesome. It is a truly fantastic show, everyone has to go see it. We didn't go until later in the evening, and Emily was getting tired, otherwise I would have done it a second time.

Someone asked about MNSSHP on the 10th. We are meeting outside Tinkerbell's Treasure Shop at 8pm that night. I'm thinking that we can meet somewhere near the fountain with Snow White (I think).

As we speak (type), I am finally printing out the logo onto transfer paper for my shirt. Way to Go Rosie!!!

Me too. Have my stuff in hand and I'm getting ready to make my shirts (soon as I find my iron, haven't seen that in months).

OK, so I'm a ditz. I've lost the T-Shirt Logo. I can't find it anywhere. SOMEONE HELP!!! I'm ready to make my shirt and I don't have the file. Can someone send it to me??? PLEASE!!!!???

I love you guys!

Tammy - I just emailed you the Cruisetoberfest II logo. Let me know if you need the Scavengear Logo for Key West if you need that one too.

Originally posted by bettemom
Got the info...Thank-you.....We will hold your magnet and you can find us if you changecabins

Bette & Kim

Right now it doesn't seem as if we will be able to change (called today and the ship is almost completely FULL.) All categories above a 7 are full.

So, it looks as if you can go ahead and get this to my cabin.

Now, for the goodies at the sail away--is there any other place to meet up for these? We are going to be on Deck 9 for the sail away with the kids (they will want to be with the characters right at the stage.) I don't want to miss out on getting together, but the Deck 9 sail away is a family "tradition" now.

I wish we would get our darn power back! They are now saying maybe 2 weeks or more--but the SOONEST will be Thursday (and they don't expect me to be in that soonest scenario because I'm in the county!) GOOD GRIEF! We will be leaving for the ship before we have power again!

Sue Ellen

OK, took me a bit to figure out how to turn the whole thing backwards to make the transfer work, but I did it. Off to the ironing board!

Then I go to clean up my luggage. Should try to get some sleep tonight too :-)

2 1/2 weeks!! I want my documents!
8 more work days!

I am packing!!

Hope everyone has a great Monday........only two more.

:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Good morning.

Tammy - So glad to hear that you got the logo figured out.

Mary - I second that, Rosemary, where have you been? I've missed your posts lately. So glad to see that you're back.

SueEllen - I'm so sorry to hear about your power problems. I will keep my fingers crossed that it gets resolved soon.

Well, I only have 2 days of work this week, then I'm headed to Chicago for my brother's wedding. I really can't wait to see my family and friends from "home". We won't be coming home until late Sunday night, so when I get back I'll only have 2 weeks left before the cruise.

I've been starting to get everything together, or at least on a shopping list, for the cruise. My mom picked me up an over the door holder yesterday at WalMart. I need to pick up a few more things, and I'll be all set. I'll probably really start packing once we get home from Chicago. The problem is that it is still HOT here in FL, so I can't pack up our shorts & T-shirts, but at least I can pack up our dinner clothes.

Does anyone know if they have NFL games on the ship? I'll be in withdrawal if I can't watch the Bucs!!!! I'm sure that I'll find other things to do, but I would love to at least watch the highlights.

Well, I better get logged onto work and wake Emily up.

A good Monday to everyone!!!

My first cruise nightmare.....

It was a few minutes until sailing. I wanted to get my DIS list to find out where the sailaway party was. I then realized my list was in our shoe bag (yes, we have a duffel bag full of shoes that I already have packed) and that our shoe bag was still in the van!:eek: So I'm running around yelling at my mom, my dad, my brother, asking then where my DH is (cause he has the keys to the van). When he finally shows up it's really my ex-DH! :mad: When I tell him I left the shoe bag in the van he tells me that that's where our cash was at -- in the shoe bag. Luckily, right after that, DH's alarm clock went off and my nightmare was over.

I don't know what was worse....forgetting our shoe bag or having to cruise with my ex!

Today DQ celebrates 100 years of the cone with a free ice cream cone at participating locations. I'm going to take the boys there after lunch today.

In an effort to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the ice cream cone, Dairy Queen® operators throughout the United States will celebrate by offering customers a free 5 oz. vanilla ice cream cone (one per customer) on Monday, Sept. 22, 2003. As part of the celebration, Dairy Queen® employees will be collecting donations for Children's Miracle Network, the DQ® system's charity of choice. This one-day grassroots event will kick-off a year-long celebration of the ice cream cone that will run through September 2004.

:bounce: P.S. This is my 100th Post!:Pinkbounc :jester:

Hi Folks & Welcome Tevagirl,

it's good to see that the List ist still growing.
We spent a pleasant day underwater and even mastered our first quiz with 0 errors - Good preparation has its advantages ;)
Today it's some more classroom stuff and after lunch a lot of underwater time. We also hope to see some manatees today.
We fortunately have an internet-terminal at our hotel's lobby. We'll check the thread again in the evening.

Take care & Enjoy work :teeth:

Lisa, didn't you ask a question about pillowcases being signed? Anyway, who ever did, yes, I am taking two pillowcases to be signed. I was going to iron on the logo, but instead I am going to run all over cocoa beach the night before and try to get something airbrushed on the pillowcases. My oldest DD picked out pink pillowcases.

Does anyone know how much it cost if I want to send my clothes to be washed? Not dry cleaned, just washed? I am debating on how many things to pack. I just don't know if I have enough clothes for 10 days. I suppose most people will be wearing the same things over and over and over again, right?

I am home today waiting on the central heat and air man to come so he can service our unit. What a fun day here!

Have a good one!

Hope

Good Morning!

I just wanted to join in on your fun. We will be sailing along with you on 10/11!! This is our 4th Disney Cruise and I am more excited than I was for our first. Traveling with me (29) will be my DH (33), DD (7), DS (3). My dad, brother and niece as well as my in-laws will also be joining us. We have 14 total! We are flying in on Friday and making our way to the Radisson that night. Look forward to seeing everyone!

Melanie

Melaine.........WELCOME!! We will also be staying at the Radisson along with about 15 other families. We are meeting by the pool that evening to get to know each other and let the kids swim! Please join us.......I think poolside at 6 PM, if I am wrong, someone please correct me!!

I have two dd's 9 & 7.

The excitement is building!!!

Hope:bounce:

Hi Melanie, welcome to the group! Along with my DH and four children, my parents and brother are also going along with us. I have a daughter who will turn eight the day we drive down to Orlando, so it's nice to hear there's another girl her age! I can't believe it's almost here! :Pinkbounc

Welcome Melanie and Tevagirl!!

It's our first cruise and we are staying at the Radisson the night before. No kids with us though. My DS at 17 thinks Disney is boring!! Although interestingly enough his best friend asked if he could come along with us next time. Might take the 2 of them next time but we'll see.

I don't know how much washing is but we are taking the small boxes of detergents with us. I was just at a Proctor and Gamble warehouse sale on the weekend and bought 10 of them for $2.00 so at least I'll have the soap to do laundry which I don't mind doing on vacation. Now if anyone knows how much the washing machines and dryers are that would be great.

Can't wait for the cruise. No docts yet though!

Fiona

Seems I need to do some more name-tags (that will go on the laynards) ... :bounce: TevaGirl,TinkerBarb (going with Tammeb) and MinniesMom - Please PM me with your parties names so I can get your tags done.

Lisa ... I did the pillow case thing before )ironed on our logo for the year) and they came out nice. You just need to drop it off at Guest Services with your state-room number enclosed. I also did little t-shirt for a stuffed Mickey Mouse that I have sitting on my living room chair ... really cute!

BetteMom ... the door signs are cool. I did them last year and it helps a lot when wandering around and finding your room.

:confused: :confused: Where Oh Where Are My Documents .. I think DU is tryiing to cause me a heart attack! :confused:

For those of you that are having the nightmares ... YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I guess they are stress induced.

Gotta get back to work .............

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter