• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise 10/11/2003 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I got # 5900.

30 Days from now ... we should be in the car and on our way down to Orlando. Everything will be packed, the tickets checked about 50 times, etc, etc, etc and we can finally start to relax.

BTW ... Mary (Relling Twin) have you checked your birth certificates ... don't want you to have that awful scare like last year.

Cathy as a person who used Dreams also, I can tell you that we will be among the last to receive our documents are they are all printed in a group with the rest of the Dreams clients for this cruise.

Congratulations on the camera Sam.

Cathy, tell "loose lips" I am looking forward to seeing my twin, but I will have to get him to sign a non disclosure document.:teeth:

Mary hold tight to the birth certificates and Ave do you think that DCL is up to the Cruisetoberfest II onslaught for Palo reservations?

Congratulations to Sue Ellen's son on his birthday.

Nancy hope that you get some rain there soon.

Waiting for my square half acre tee shirts to arrive so that I can put the logo's on them. Mike

Mike was it you that asked about alternate plans for ports if the weather would become a factor??? Good Thinking!

DD Lia picked up a book at a garage sale last weekend.

"Caribbean Ports of Call - Western Region" I am bringing it along just in case. It covers our ports of call, and and many more ports of call. I think I'll get the $.25 out of it. I will ask her to look at half.com for the "Eastern Region".

Bye

Nancy aka Boardwalk4me

Sam just called and said that our mailman just gave him our cruise documents (with the regular mail)--I thought that they were usually Fed Ex'd or UPS??? Anyway, we got them!!

Hopelea, we have a 2000 Ford Windstar. Guess where it is right now. Yep, in the shop, again. The rear sliding passenger door keeps popping back open. :rolleyes: This time they at least gave me a rental. Hopefully it will be fixed by tonight (I'm getting a whole new side door).

DH ordered us two of the Disney Visa cards and we just got them on Saturday.

Hopefully there won't be any hurricanes. Four years ago when we did the land/sea trip, when we arrived in Florida for the land part they told us we wouldn't be going to Castaway Cay :( because the hurricane messed it up too bad. Luckily, the morning we boarded the busses to go to the ship they informed us we would be the first ship to start going there again. :bounce:

Lisa, that is too funny. My 99 had the same problem. They couldn't fix it. It finally quite doing it. It has been in the shop three times since August 4!! I am thinking of trading for a 2003 but will I be any better off?? At least I will be covered by warranty for another three years!

Hope

Nancy (BW4Me) they are doing the DVC a little different. You get a "ticket" when you enter, and it has a number on it. If they call your number you get a question about DVC. But no worries everyone gets the questions correct!!!;)

Cathy...it's funny you should ask about the birth certificates. I dug them out yesterday and will bring them to work and make copies of them tomorrow. Only THIS time I will make sure I have ONE for each person and NOT 2 for me and none for DH!!!My tummy still does a flip when I think about getting to the port last year and not having DH birth certificate:eek:

The mail was good to me today (no...no docs yet) I got the yellow t-shirts I ordered (thanks for the web site Ave), and I got 2-way radios I bought on E-Bay.
Last night I stopped in the "Dollar Tree" and found sun-screen for the kids! It's the foaming kind (like mouse) and it's purple!!! They will LOVE it. I also bought sun-block for us grown ups. At $1.00 it's hard to beat that price!

MaryJo and Sam...congrats on the docs! I wonder why they came reg. mail?

Bad weather???? Did someone say Bad weather????Not on OUR cruise!!!!
ok...I guess we need an alternate place to meet if we can't meet on deck 10. (Did we already discuss this??:confused: ) Someone help me out here!

Lisa, Cute family shot. Where did the red hair come from? You or DH? Now we need a pic with you and hubby in it.
Hope, I'm on my second Windstar and I love it. My first one was a used 1996, then traded it in for a new 2001. Never had a real problem with either of them. But maybe I just got lucky.;) The 1990 Ford Tempo I had before my van was another story. It was in the shop 19 times in the first 2 years I had it. The first time was for rust spots, and I hadn't even made the first payment yet!
Oh well, I guess everyone has thier "car horror story".
Let's see....5 weeks from now we will be cruising at sea, watching a show, and then getting ready for dinner.
Sooner, rather than later, Ave'

It is always a challenging trying to keep up with this thread. Go away for a weekend and you are lost when you get back :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Padisney, I really lucked out when we took my daughter back to college. She had three friend there who had already moved into their apartments a week earlier. They lugged most of the stuff up to the 3rd floor. I only made 3 or 4 trips. I bought them diner at Subway, but it was well worth it. I had no aches and pains the next day......Now the rest of the weekend was something else. We went up to a friends lake cabin in the Adirondac's. We did some canoeing on Labor Day and boy am I out of shape. My back was quite sore from that the next few days. At least I won't have to paddle on the Magic. :teeth: :bounce: :teeth: :bounce: :teeth:

Dave, Didn't they tell you? Your cruise ticket comes with a paddle. So get ready, we don't want to miss any of our posts because you were too tired.:o
:jester: :jester:
Ave'

E-Bay strikes again!!! I just bought the kids a pile of pins for trading on E-Bay...but Shhhhhh don't tell it's a surprise!:bounce:
I HAVE to stay away from E-Bay...it's costing me too much!!!!

I walked around the block tonight with our new 2-way radios and they work great! I hope they work well on the ship so I am not forever looking for my children!

Another day over, another day closer to vacation!

Dave..I'll help you paddle:p By the way...if you haven't already guessed...my twin sister is a real wise guy!;)

Guess what Came yesterday...........................
YUP OUR DOCUMENTS. The guy upstairs called me and said Jeff I have something for you............ Thoughts rushed through my Brain..... Beer..... Game...... Beer...... The last thing was the Documents. Even when he said its from UPS it did not click.

Then I opened it and Bang there they were.... I showed him them and explained what we had and his next words were take my digital camera I want to see it all...... They changed our room.. 7048

Eric... Why not meet at 8.30 and all have breakfast together....

Originally posted by LisaGoeke
Hopelea, we have a 2000 Ford Windstar. Guess where it is right now. Yep, in the shop, again. The rear sliding passenger door keeps popping back open. :rolleyes: This time they at least gave me a rental. Hopefully it will be fixed by tonight (I'm getting a whole new side door).

DH ordered us two of the Disney Visa cards and we just got them on Saturday.

Hopefully there won't be any hurricanes. Four years ago when we did the land/sea trip, when we arrived in Florida for the land part they told us we wouldn't be going to Castaway Cay :( because the hurricane messed it up too bad. Luckily, the morning we boarded the busses to go to the ship they informed us we would be the first ship to start going there again. :bounce:

FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily :jester:

Originally posted by Silentshot
Guess what Came yesterday...........................
YUP OUR DOCUMENTS. The guy upstairs called me and said Jeff I have something for you............ Thoughts rushed through my Brain..... Beer..... Game...... Beer...... The last thing was the Documents. Even when he said its from UPS it did not click.

Then I opened it and Bang there they were.... I showed him them and explained what we had and his next words were take my digital camera I want to see it all...... They changed our room.. 7048

Eric... Why not meet at 8.30 and all have breakfast together....

Jeff,
this would mean getting up at 0630-0700am :eek: because we have to drive from the DD area to Hertz and then shuttle to MCO.
But nevertheless it is a good idea. I'll talk to Anja and call you.

Even though we won't see our cruise-docs before checking in at the Port we can do a "Got our docs"-dance: Our German TA just called and informed me that our 30-day-Disney-passes, our 9-day-BG/SW-passes and our rental-car-voucher have arrived. We'll pick them up on Friday and then we're set :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: Packing starts Sunday, Wednesday the inevitable visit to our coiffeur. Friday going through the final checklist and on Saturday (09/20) TAAAAAAAAAAKE OFF :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Jeff,
I tried to call you several times this morning: Either busy-signal or no reply :(
They're looking for some software engineers/architects for our company. Call me back.

Anja says "Aye" to your breakfast-plans. 830h is fine, but where? Will you inform the rest of the shuttle-gang too?

Good morning everyone!
The excitment is BUILDING! I don't know how I'm going to stand the next 4 weeks! The local radio station is advertising a "Oldies Cruise" to Eastern Caribbean and the ad plays MANY times a day!

Time to get to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter