CRT--Worth it?

smhwalker2011

WDW Addict
we have ADR at CRT for 8:40pm in sept. In your opinion, is it worth it?

going with two teens. 1 boy, 1 girl.

If you time your dinner to watch the fireworks from the dining room, then it is ABSOLUTELY worth it! That is one of my favorite things to do at WDW.

Being someone who loves all things Disney, I think it's absolutley worth doing at least once. The food was good, but I would say that you're paying more for atmosphere and experience.

We are also considering this. I have reserved an 8:25 time. We will be with dd4 and ds7. Can someone give a really good description of the experience? This is a big expense for us, but also think our kids may be at the perfect ages for a once in a lifetime experience.

I can't speak to the late dinner and catching fireworks, but I do think it's worth it at least once. I must admit we are usually on the dining plan, so there's not as much sticker shock over the bill.

You first check in at the podium downstairs and wait to have your picture taken with Cinderella. You'll either head straight upstairs to your table or wait briefly to be called if it's not ready yet. Up the curved staircase into the lovely dining room. Unlike many character meals, it's a regular sit-down where you order from a menu instead of a buffet. During the course of your meal, there will be a little "wishing star" ceremony and each child gets a plastic star. Each child is given either a sword or magic wand keepsake by their server. The princesses will each come by your table one at a time, visit with you a bit and pose for pictutres and/or sign autograph books. I last traveled with a pretty big group and between us we tried just about everything on the menu - we all enjoyed the meal and found it very tasty.

I really enjoy CRT and meeting princesses in the beautiful castle while sitting and eating vs standing in a line!

Mikie really summed it up, but I want to add that it really is something to walk up that winding staircase and be confronted by that dining room. As an adult it is impressive. I can only imagine how little ones would feel.

Let me just say this; My sister is a bit tough, doesn't get overly emotional and doesn't cry easily. But while watching her daughter wish on that star and meet all her favorite princesses, she teared up at CRT. She told me later that being in the castle was what made it all so special for her.

What princesses are there? Is it always the same or do they rotate?

We've never been for dinner, but did try it once for breakfast. Not worth it at all, IMO. Mediocre food, very rushed service, borderline rude waitstaff. The princesses were all super nice, though! My dd was 4 at the time.

Worth it is a relative term. It is expensive, but you are eating in the castle. If your family is like most Disney fans then being able to go inside the castle is a pretty big deal. We've done dinner a few times. It's not an every trip meal for us. We liked it especially when our DD was "princess age". The food is good, not spectacular, but good and the princesses were fun to visit with, especially Snow White and Ariel. Have something specific to say to them when they come to your table, like telling Ariel that you are having the fish for dinner.
I think everyone should try CRT once if they are at all interested. It is a unique experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter