CRT -- what's yummy for breakfast?

Jays2013

DIS Veteran
We have this ADR made for late April, and we're looking forward to it, so this is not a "should-we-eat-here" thread. :) This may be my only chance to get my family with two little boys into the castle before princesses become "ewww!" and while they're just characters like any others to them!

I've perused the menu for the breakfast, but I would be very curious what you thought of the individual dishes. I'm a little picky and there's still a number of things on there I'm interested in, so I'm not sure what to choose!

Thoughts? What did you particularly like? Dislike?

Any advice appreciated! :thumbsup2

I went with my parents in Sept and we all got different things:

Me - Goat Cheese Quiche - very good but not sure it was fabulous or anything. It was nice.
Mom - Stuffed french toast. She raved and was thrilled with hers.
Dad - the basic breakfast platter. He said it was too greasy.

Fruit and danish were pretty darn good. I don't really think you can go wrong - despite the "greasy" by dad, we all happily ate our food and it was better then we were expecting. All in all, a great experience so get what sounds good to you!

DD (5) always gets the kids French toast.
DH and myself get the traditional breakfast which is eggs, sausage, potatoes . We think it is very good. We also like the bakery items they serve while you wait for your meal( different types if danishes ).

I was very excited about the new breakfast menu when we ate here. One thing to keep in mind is that it's all you care to eat, so feel free to order multiple dishes. That reconciled us to the crazy price at CRT.

I had the lobster and crab crepes - very yummy, especially if you like seafood with a lot of sauce. I also had the baked quiche, which was also very good. (I like goat cheese)

DD had the cream cheese stuffed french toast. She loved it - said it was just like a cheesecake (her fave dessert). I tasted it - and I would say its a lot like a rich cheese danish.

DH had Steak and eggs. The filet is not as good as what you get at dinners, but adequate and he enjoyed the frittata

DS just ate his kids entree. We did ask for an additional platter of bacon as the serving he got - was appropriate for a 3 yr old. I cracked up laughing seeing what the kids were served. Absolutely pitiful for $30.

I would say the quality of the food overall was very decent. Not mindblowing - but very good and reflective of the price and the castle's signature status. I would choose the dish that sounds the most appealing to you. I had a really hard time - as I like everything on that menu LOL. Good that I got to taste everyone's food.

Thanks! I love seafood, so I thinking I'm looking at the crepes. ;) I can handle the sauce, but is it otherwise mixed with anything ... ?

Then again, the french toast ... well, we'll see. ;)

I had the crab and lobster crepes and DH had the steak and eggs...both were YUMMY!!!

A friend of mine has also had the French toast with the ganache and said they were sinful...awesomely sinful! :goodvibes

We have this ADR made for late April, and we're looking forward to it, so this is not a "should-we-eat-here" thread. :) This may be my only chance to get my family with two little boys into the castle before princesses become "ewww!" and while they're just characters like any others to them!

I've perused the menu for the breakfast, but I would be very curious what you thought of the individual dishes. I'm a little picky and there's still a number of things on there I'm interested in, so I'm not sure what to choose!

Thoughts? What did you particularly like? Dislike?

Any advice appreciated! :thumbsup2

Not a huge fan of CRT. The food was meh at best. I didn't "dislike" any thing but nothing there was outstanding or even great

It's been a few years for me so when I went they didn't have the lobster crepe.
I had the creme cheese stuffed french toast and as I said it was "meh" at best.
My dh had a southwest style eggs casserole type dish, he said it was "ok".

We have no desire to go back.

Just wanted to post some food pics of what we'd ordered.
8235168947_496152fd24.jpg

8236232780_c703f50efd.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter