CRT was a ROYAL MESS!

marathonmommy

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been to CRT lately? This was our worst character meal on our last two trips, and I am in NO hurry to return.

When we got there, we were lead into the lobby. I parked my stroller while the rest of my party went in. They photographers said "hurry, hurry" to my DD and DNiece and had them get their picture taken - without my son! I walked in less than a minute later (I was just parking the stroller) and they would not retake the photo with my son as Cindy was going on a break. I was pretty upset at this point. After all, it is a rather pricey lunch and both of my children should be included in the photo. We were not late for our ADR - in fact we were early.

Once we were up the stairs, one of the CM's realized that this wasn't right and said she would come get us later and have us get our pictures retaken. Then someone I believe was a manager came to our table and "explained" that they could retake our picture but we wouldn't get to see it that day. They would need to mail it to us instead. She never added an apology but did say that is why they don't get ready to seat people until the entire party is there. We explained we WERE all there and just needed to get the baby out of the stroller - it couldn't have even taken 60 seconds. Then she asked what time our ADR was - assuming we were late. In fact the ADR was at the same time she was asking and we had already been seated for several minutes!

Well, as it turns out, no one in the entire restaurant got their pictures that day - they said the system was down. They had us fill out a delivery form and said they would mail the picture to us. They had no linking system in place - instead we were to write down a description of the children in the photos. Gee, I wonder how many blonde Cinderella's approx. age 5 there were that day?

I don't know if I will ever see the picture (that we had to pay for ahead of time) - son or not! This place was royally unorganized and it is a huge rush-fest. Very limited interaction with the characters. BTW, while the manager was busy being un-Disney like to us, Aurora came to our table and I didn't get to get a picture! UGGGGH! I guess they will continue royally crappy service because they can. There are many people who want to eat in the castle with princesses.

Thank you Dining Plan, especially when it's FREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. I'm sorry about your terrible experience. How was the food? I haven't tried CRT since they changed it...

Wow- CRT used to be fantastic 14 or so years ago. It has gone down hill to the dumps. As long as people keep booking it 180 days out, it will most probably get worse. I've also read very bad dinner reviews. Such a shame. We most definitely are not going back to pay for that expensive junk, thanks for the review.

you've convinced me not to do CRT's, I'll stick to norway, I'm sorry about your experience, common sense didn't seem to play a role. I wish someone had apologized to you.

I wonder if this was the same day that the computer system went down at Disney....this would explain the problems with the photos being unavailable?
:confused3

YorkieMom said:
Thank you Dining Plan, especially when it's FREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Huh? What has CRT procedures got to do with the Dining Plan, free or not? The restaurant holds only the same number of diners at a time that it did BEFORE the introduction of the DDP at the beginning of 2005. Not ONE thing in the OP's post had anything to do with crowds; all her issues refer to CMs' actions/inactions/attitudes.

We had quite the opposite experience when we were there for breakfast in May. Agreed, the picture-taking with Cinderella was a bit rushed; however, from there on out everyone was very attentive, we had lots of characer interaction, and the food was really good. Sorry you had such a bad experience. I would be totally miffed if that had happened to me. Customer service used to be the hallmark of a Disney World experience but we sure hear more and more horror stories. I've been lucky and only run in to one or two indifferent/surly CM's.

We weren't thrilled with CRT in November. We had a late lunch (one of last families in)... we didn't have a camera and my brother's girlfriend had run out of videotape. The princesses were like, "oh, bye then". Interaction isn't just posing for pictures... they could have talked to the kids a little instead of leaving as we were sitting down. At the time, kids were 7, 9, and 11... guess they're too old? Actually, it was DB's GF who requested we eat there. Don't think we'll be in a hurry to go back.

Personally, I liked it when we ate there WITHOUT the characters about 5 years ago... just a nice restaurant in a really cool location.

That is such a shame- sometimes Disney tinkers with things so much for their own profits that it ruins them. We were there last Sept.- on dining plan- 1 TS no picture. It was the picture that was the deal breaker for me. I didn't want to use up 8TS for our family to get a sourvenir photo- there are so many opportunities to meet the princesses around the park, I already have plenty. Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

As a mature adult vacationing without kids I have no desire to return to CRT. Years ago, before it became a character affair it was very cool to have a TS meal in the castle. Prepaying for pictures is a waste for us--dont think I could hog tie my husband and get him to stand for a picture with Cinderella. For now...I just have fond memories of the way it use to be.....

kaytieeldr said:
Huh? What has CRT procedures got to do with the Dining Plan, free or not? The restaurant holds only the same number of diners at a time that it did BEFORE the introduction of the DDP at the beginning of 2005. Not ONE thing in the OP's post had anything to do with crowds; all her issues refer to CMs' actions/inactions/attitudes.

I don't think the poster was talking about crowds...I think they were just pleased that they could do Cinderella's without having to pay for it, considering the bad reviews.

Of course, that statement could go either way...the way they've been rushing people through could be their method of accommodating crowding.

I am sorry you had such a bad time there.. that stinks..

On the other hand, we went for lunch last november, and we LOVED it. I still say it was the best meal during our whole trip!! The food was UNBELIEVABLE, we got the meat pie, and we had the best table in the place- right in front of the windows, looking out at the carosel. We loved it.. I would recommend it to anyone- it was worth it for us and we paid OOP. We felt the character interaction was good.. didn't feel rushed.

I agree, that it is a shame that a once glorified place turned into extra extra high prices for low end food. I realize that the highlight is eating in the castle, with the princesses, but it just is not the same, not at all. :sad2:

We had a good experience at CRT.
We went Sunday, November 27th for Breakfast.
So much depends on the day you go, and the crowds. I know it shouldnt. :guilty:

We had an awesome experience. :goodvibes Photographer was very patient. (Regardless the photos came out badly, I didnt buy them. It was kinda funny actually.)

As an aside, on this trip I hadnt been since I was a kid.(80s) so I was totally floored by all the photographers everywhere. PUSHINg photos on you. Its kinda ridiculous. I remember a meal there as a kid in the 80s and there were no characters, and I remember it being soooo quiet, and how beautiful the room was and the stained glass etc.,

It seemed much smaller this time around. Probably due to the added tables etc., It is really table to table spacing. BUT we still had a good time :cloud9: and we are going with Gramy & Grampy this time.

mikkiwikki said:
As an aside, on this trip I hadnt been since I was a kid.(80s) so I was totally floored by all the photographers everywhere. PUSHINg photos on you. Its kinda ridiculous. I remember a meal there as a kid in the 80s and there were no characters, and I remember it being soooo quiet, and how beautiful the room was and the stained glass etc.,
I have to agree that over the years we have enjoyed some very nice meals in the castle. Since we had boys, we only tried the breakfast once and my boys actually were uncomfortable. But we had some special lunches just enjoying the wonderful ambiance and usually impeccable service with good food. I think it's a shame that they took away that option.

Wow. Sorry you had a bad experience. We had breakfast there for the 1st time in July. It was a great time for us. The pictures turned out good. The food was good. Even my husband who was dreading it loved it & tells everyone.

We just had lunch there two weeks ago and my DH felt it was the worst meal and by far the worst character interaction we had during our 10 days at WDW. We we rushed through the picture too, but the real rush came when we sat down. Our waiter actually stood and waited for us to decide what to order. My DH asked him to give us a few minutes and he said "That's okay I can just wait!" We were the 2nd family seated for lunch. We were done with dessert before we saw one princess!! It was awful. We have done breakfast there a few times and while we wearn't thrilled with it either it was better than the lunch we just had.

We went Nov-25 for breakfast and it was very rushed and the service was not very friendly (maybe an off day for our server). The girls loved the CP much more which surprised me.

At least I do not need to get up at 4am to make ARD next time. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter