CRT vs Akershus or both?

uandmfan

Mouseketeer
We are planning on a trip next year to wdw and are discussing our dining options. We will be with our 2.5 (boy) and 5.5 (girl) year olds.

We are considering doing both these meals. Probably an Akershus breakfast and CRT lunch. But they are both expensive. Is it worth doing both? We plan on going back when my daughter is 7 or 8 and I'm not sure she will be as excited by princesses then. It seems as there isn't too much overlap in princesses. Or am I wrong?

Our son will be under 3 so we will be sharing food with him. Is this easy to dobat both places?

Thanks!!

I wouldn't do them both. While I prefer Akershus, if you think this is the one and only trip your daughter will be interested in princesses, I would choose CRT. The most impressive part of that meal, IMHO, is eating in the castle - it's not the food! I would consider doing breakfast there to save some money.

I thought breakfast was absolutely amazing at CRT. My husband said it was the best meal we had at WDW.

We love breakfast at Askerus. we've been fortunate to get a prepark opening ADR each trip. The character interaction hasn't been rushed and my girls like the cold and hot options.

There tends to be overlap in princesses.

CRT you get Cinderella as "hostess," then some combo of Ariel, Aurora, Snow White, Jasmine, Rapunzel.

Akershus you get Belle as "hostess," then some combo of Ariel, Aurora, Snow White, Jasmine, with the occasional Cinderella or Mulan showing.

So there really is considerable overlap.

My daughter and I did both on our first trip when she was 5 and we had a good time at each of them. We both liked the food better at CRT (dinner), but preferred the atmosphere more at Akershus. It was just more relaxed and the staff seemed friendlier. It was really neat to eat in the castle, but the meal at CRT felt rushed and the staff seemed pretty aloof and indifferent. There was a bit of overlap between the two as far as princesses go, but they were all great with the little and she was very excited to see all of them, even the second time.

On our second trip last October when she was 6, I cancelled our Akershus reservation during the trip because she just wasn't into meeting characters. I know you could have a completely different experience, but if I were you, I'd do both CRT and Akershus on this trip because you never know how your daughter will feel about princesses in a couple years! I'm glad we made it to both restaurants before my daughter was "over it."

If it is your kid's first trip, do CRT. It's definitely got the 'magic' factor.

If not, Akershus is fine. I wouldn't do both, though.

We do both most of our trips. I have 2 princess loving girls so it works for us.

Our first two trips with kids we just did one (CRT the first and Akershus the 2nd) and now DD1 requests both on our trips.

I think CRT is fun to do if its a first trip.

CRT brought out a separate app and chicken nuggets (and gave her a dessert as well) 2 of the 3 times we had kids under 3. One time he told us they would have to share and still then brought everything out. I have read reports of kids under 3 not getting anything at CRT though and just having to share off plates. It might just depend on the serve, All the times we asked at Akershus how it works (just in case it changes) and they always let our kids under 3 have their own meals.

We've been Akershus once for breakfast and thought it was ok. We've been to CRT for dinner once (so-so) and breakfast every other visit since. Breakfast at CRT is really yummy!

I don't think it's necessary to do both during the same trip. In my opinion, CRT is the most magical experience for a little princess. We did breakfast and lunch a few times when my daughter was young and she cherishes the memories. (And so do we!) My daughter is turning 16 this year and asked to go back... so now we're taking our "big" princess to CRT dinner. Just a very special place. Hope you enjoy!!!

I wouldn't do both in the same trip. If picking between the two, I'd vote for CRT! How can you beat eating in the castle? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter