CRT or Princess Breakfast in Norway?

Gagebre

Mouseketeer
If you could go to either one which would you choose? We have reservations for both for our upcoming trip but I'm thinking about cancelling one of them. Is it worth the money to go to both of them? :confused3

If anyone has eaten here recently can you let me know what they serve at each of them. On Deb's site one review said they had waffles at PB but another said they were disappointed because they didn't have them!? :confused3 Could it be that they have different items on some days.

We just back from wdw and did both of these for our dd birthday. They basically serve the same hot meal at both of the breakfasts. The menu includes link sausage, some type of potato casserole, scramble eggs, bacon, oj and coffee. The only differences are Norway gives you cinnamon rolls and fruit before your meal and Cindy's gives you a variety of baked goods with fruit before your meal. They also have biscuits at Cindy's. Also, Cindy's gives you a choice of the hot meal above, or a cold meal which would include fresh fruit and some type of yogurt. Probably more than just yogurt but we all got the hot meal so cannot remember all on cold menu. As far as food quality and taste, I, as well as all in my group, enjoyed the meals.

As far as the atmosphere, they are different but to me both good. Cindy's is pretty cool because of the caslte. I have been to wdw over 40 times and had never been inside the castle. So that made it neat. Norway was very enjoyable too.

At this point, I am not sure which I would choose to return to on the next trip. I guess we would leave it up to dd. I think I would go ahead and do both and the next time you can decide which you prefer.

Hope this helps.

wdwdawg

What concerns me is if Disney in their infinate wisdom decides that the CRT is a Cindy only theme (mice, Etc) w/ those characters, as opposed to the current set up , then its a no brainer, Norway. Variety is the spice of life, and for my dd, Princess Aurora,

Other than that, I'm hoping to use the dining pkg and somehow to do both breakfasts!! :)

We preferred Norway......the service was MUCH better and the princess' stayed at the table much longer...service and princess' were rushed at CRT.

We love the castle but would pick Norway. We gotta see Belle, Mulan, Jasmine...love 'em! The food was good, they do start with fresh fruit and cinn. rolls. Don't be shy about asking for something-they may be able to do it. Our waiter brought a big bowl of fresh strawberries when he noticed my dd's picking those out of the fruit bowl. And because he was attentive, he brought them extra cinn. rolls too- more sugar than I wanted them to have, but they were in heaven. I heard you can request waffles and they'll bring them, but we never did this. Cheesy potatoes are good, eggs were very good first time I went, dry and not good second time. So I guess there can be good and bad days, which may account for the wide variety of opinions on the food on these boards! The princesses were more attentive to us at Norway than CRT, and the waitstaff was nicer. But again, I think you can catch people on good and bad days. :flower:

Maybe you could keep Norway breakfast, cancel CRT and add 1900 Park Fare for dinner with Cindy? just a little variety of characters and meals...

We preferred the food at PSB, but thought CRT was good too. PSB had better pastries, though and we liked the potato casserole better. I have both booked and will keep both.

When we went last July, we had both and I thought about canceling one. The CM I talked to when I got CRT suggested I keep both since (back then) two or three of the princesses were different.

If I had to pick one, though, I'd do PSB.

Gagebre said:
If you could go to either one which would you choose? We have reservations for both for our upcoming trip but I'm thinking about cancelling one of them. Is it worth the money to go to both of them? :confused3
We have been to both - If I had my choice? CRT for sure... very cool atmosphere... I mean... YOU ARE IN THE CASTLE!!! WoooooHooooo

Character-wise, I'd go for Norway.

Food-wise and ambiance, I'd go for CRT.

The food is sooooo good at CRT - what about the stuffed French Toast?
Oh my gosh - it was soooooo good. We stuffed ourselves!!

We've done both and much prefer CRT. The food was about the same at both to us- with more variety at PSB. The character interaction was very very rushed the day we were at PSB- princesses were all in a big hurry except Mulan. We enjoyed PSB b/c Jasmine is DD's favorite and we had never seen Mulan before- so that made it worth it. However, nothing beats eating in the castle with the princesses!!! DD5 thinks it is a must every trip- she thinks Cinderella invites us- hope we continue to get the ps!!! We did both this past Dec. b/c DD wanted to eat in the castle and with Jasmine. While both were good b/c of the princesses- CRT won our vote hands down. We've eaten at CRT 3 times and have never been disappointed. The atmosphere can't be beat, the food is about the same, and the princesses are awesome. princess:

Nothing beats the castle for us. Even DH said that CRT is a definite for every trip.

We also did both this past November with DD4, who is SO into princesses right now! She loved them both, but the adults in our party preferred CRT, hands down. We found that the princesses at CRT were much more attentive and the food was great! We had excellent service at both, but if we had to choose we would do CRT again. As has been previously mentioned, you never know from day to day what kind of character interaction and service you are going to get, so I would probably go back to PSB and give it another try. BTW, the healthy alternative at CRT is a mix of yougurt, granola and fresh fruit that my dad loved! He also loved the hot breakfast selection. He couldn't decide between the two choices, so our waiter brought him both. :)

As per my 7 year old niece, we alternate as she likes them both, this trip is PSB. I prefer CRT because of the stuffed french toast.

05ChristmasSurprise said:
Character-wise, I'd go for Norway.

Food-wise and ambiance, I'd go for CRT.

The food is sooooo good at CRT - what about the stuffed French Toast?
Oh my gosh - it was soooooo good. We stuffed ourselves!!
I fully agree!! My DH missed the french toast at PSB.

Any ideas how the lunches are going to go over? We have a DD9 that is wanting the lunch at CRT for her actual birthday. We aren't breakfast people so we have never done any of the "princess" things except for the ones at GF. We have 1900 park faire booked for the April trip for DD7's birthday, should we just do that again or risk CRT lunch?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter