CRT or CP breakfast, Le Cellier or Chefs de France, please help me choose!

bunnyboo

Mouseketeer
Hi all~ I'm in the process of planning my first WDW trip. My 180 day mark is coming up and I'm trying to finalize my "ideal" ADR schedule. It's going to be just my BF and me on this trip. I've done a lot of research on which places we'd like to go, but there are just some final decisions that are SO hard to make. I would love and appreciate any feedback you guys have to help me decide!

Here is our tentative plan

Day 1 at MK: Breakfast at CRT or CP, dinner at the other

**Decision #1: Personally I'd rather have breakfast at both, and the reviews I've read indicate that breakfast is better, but since that's not possible I must choose which one to have dinner at. Any thoughts as to which option is better for dinner? (this is a night without Wishes)

Day 2 at HS: lunch at a QS place, Fantasmic dinner package at Hollywood Brown Derby
Day 3 at USF: lunch at Leaky Cauldron, dinner at Jiko's
Day 4 at EP: lunch at F&W festival booths, dinner at Le Cellier Steakhouse or Chefs de France

**Decision #2: Probably my hardest ADR decision... Le Cellier or Chefs de France? Both sound amazing from the reviews I've read. I'd love to eat at both places, but unfortunately we only have 1 day at Epcot. Would like to know what you guys think/which you would choose!

Day 5 at IoA: lunch at Three Broomsticks, dinner at Boma
Day 6 at MK: lunch at BoG, dinner at a QS place (camping out for Wishes)
Day 7 at AK: lunch at Flame Tree BBQ, dinner at V&A!!
Day 8 at resorts/DTD: ??? I haven't decided where to eat for lunch on our last day. We'll be leaving WDW late afternoon for our flight home. Any suggestions?

We probably won't be able to make another trip to WDW for at least 5 years, so we wanted to try and fit in as many special dining experiences as we could. We both grew up in California and currently live in Hawaii, so we thought skipping California Grill and everything at the Poly would be okay. Are there any other must go places you think we should add?

Last edited:
Decision 2 is easier for me....yes, everyone has different experiences, preferences, etc. but I fall into the "Le Cellier is overrated" group. What we've had at LC isn't really that much better than our meals at Chefs de France, so I'd probably save the $ and just eat at Chefs.

Decision 1 is more difficult b/c I agree that breakfast is the best meal at both. I'm inclined to say CP for breakfast and CRT for dinner since I think the dinner food at CRT (while still just avg at best) is better than the dinner food we've had at CP. I also think the breakfast lasagna at CP is a major must. Just allow more time for dinner since we've found lunch and dinner at CRT seems to take a lot longer than breakfast.

I have had breakfast at CP and CRT. I have had dinner at neither. I preferred the breakfast at CRT. I can't say that the food was better, but the entire experience was better, and less stressful. Breakfast at CP was easily the most stressful, least satisfying buffet experience I've had at DisneyWorld. Granted, I had a pre-park-opening reservation, and those are booked solid, but I felt I had to fight to get food to eat. The crowd was rabid. I won't eat there again. I would have to imagine that dinner would be a bit calmer.

As far as Le Cellier and Chefs, I have eaten at Le Cellier twice for dinner, and once at Chefs for lunch. I love the setting of Chefs, but the food fell far short for me. Le Cellier has a unique setting, but it doesn't suit me as well. Regardless, the food at Le Cellier was better by a long shot.

As far as the last day, you're already visiting my favorite resort, AKL, but WL is a close second, if visiting an amazing resort is a consideration. A less formal idea would be Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club. I might also suggest Sanaa at AKV. We had dinner there in November, and the food is so good.

**Decision #1: Personally I'd rather have breakfast at both, and the reviews I've read indicate that breakfast is better, but since that's not possible I must choose which one to have dinner at. Any thoughts as to which option is better for dinner? (this is a night without Wishes)

I would do CP for breakfast and CRT for dinner. Mainly because I'm not really a fan of buffet food so I'd rather have the buffet breakfast and order dinner. That being said I've had breakfast at CRT and it was great, so I'm sure you'd enjoy CRT either way!

**Decision #2: Probably my hardest ADR decision... Le Cellier or Chefs de France? Both sound amazing from the reviews I've read. I'd love to eat at both places, but unfortunately we only have 1 day at Epcot. Would like to know what you guys think/which you would choose!

We've never been to either so I'm not much help. However Chefs De France seems to have more consistent reviews.... Le Cellier seems to be a lot more hit/miss and I don't know if I'd take the gamble with the extra $ or credit.

Day 8 at resorts/DTD: ??? I haven't decided where to eat for lunch on our last day. Part of me is tempted to try out Flying Fish or Artist Point & visit those resorts. The other part just wants something casual for the last day. Any suggestions?

Last full day? Or travel day? Last full day I'd say Flying Fish or Artists Point are good relaxing choices. We are planning California Grill for our last full day, I think watching Wishes with a cocktail and a good meal will be a good way to end our trip. Last day as in travel day we wanted something casual too, and filling since we have a long flight, so I'm thinking Whispering Canyon Cafe for a late lunch. The skillet looks great :)

I've never dined at CP, so I can't really comment, but if cost is not an issue, I would go to CRT for dinner. There is just something magical about having dinner in the castle!

I agree that Decision #2 is tough! I've dined at both Les Chefs and Le Cellier several times each and enjoyed both meals. Nothing about your other selections really lean me one way or the other between these two (e.g., if you had another steakhouse on the list, I'd say go for Les Chefs). For me, I would opt for Le Cellier because I really like the cheddar cheese soup with pretzel bread sticks and the ribeye with risotto. (I do think Les Chefs has better desserts.)

In terms of eighth day, if you're at DTD, I highly recommend Raglan Road. It's one of my favorite restaurants in WDW. Good variety of foods (excellent appetizers and desserts!) and a pretty lively atmosphere. In terms of Flying Fish or Artist Point for dinner (neither open at lunch), I would go with Artist Point. I liked Flying Fish, but I liked Artist Point better. The smokey Portobello Mushroom soup is outstanding!

I'm inclined to say CP for breakfast and CRT for dinner since I think the dinner food at CRT (while still just avg at best) is better than the dinner food we've had at CP. I also think the breakfast lasagna at CP is a major must. Just allow more time for dinner since we've found lunch and dinner at CRT seems to take a lot longer than breakfast.
Thanks for the info & advice! The breakfast lasagna really does sound and look delicious... I may have to go with breakfast at CP for that, so it's good to know dinner at CRT isn't too bad.

As far as the last day, you're already visiting my favorite resort, AKL, but WL is a close second, if visiting an amazing resort is a consideration. A less formal idea would be Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club. I might also suggest Sanaa at AKV. We had dinner there in November, and the food is so good.
Sanaa definitely caught my attention while I was researching restaurants. It was always high on my list, but since we're already doing Jiko's and Boma I feel like we should force ourselves to branch out from AKL/African themed food and save it for a future visit. I will make sure to visit WL, and a last lunch there sounds very appealing.

Last full day? Or travel day? Last full day I'd say Flying Fish or Artists Point are good relaxing choices. We are planning California Grill for our last full day, I think watching Wishes with a cocktail and a good meal will be a good way to end our trip. Last day as in travel day we wanted something casual too, and filling since we have a long flight, so I'm thinking Whispering Canyon Cafe for a late lunch. The skillet looks great :)
As of now it's a travel day, we'll be leaving late afternoon. I'm considering adding a day to our trip so we can have 1 full non-park day. A buffet/all you care to eat option before we leave is an excellent suggestion, we have a long flight afterwards too. I hadn't looked into Whispering Canyon before so thanks for mentioning it, the skillet indeed looks great!

In terms of eighth day, if you're at DTD, I highly recommend Raglan Road. It's one of my favorite restaurants in WDW. Good variety of foods (excellent appetizers and desserts!) and a pretty lively atmosphere. In terms of Flying Fish or Artist Point for dinner (neither open at lunch), I would go with Artist Point.
I totally derped and didn't realize they were only open for dinner, thanks so much for pointing that out. I haven't read about Raglan Road or any DTD places yet, will look it up right now!

CP for breakfast, CRT for dinner. I prefer buffets for breakfast generally (aside from Boma) and CRT is so pretty at dusk and night. We ate dinner at CRT last trip for the first time since 2009 and we liked it, not our finest meal but very serviceable and a truly lovely experience.

We ate at both Chefs and Le Cellier on the recent trip too. I have never had a great experience at Le Cellier in the 4 times I have eaten there. Sure, I like pretzel bread and cheese soup but those are not difficult to find somewhere else (locally, I mean. Or Biergarten). And their version of cheese soup is painfully salty. As was my steak...and my kid's steak. His was inedible and I really should have sent it back but we were in a hurry and I had ordered one of the specialty poutines that he ate as his meal (it was really good). Desserts there are ok. OTOH, we had a fabulous Chefs experience - the bacon flatbread is the favorite appetizer/meal of all my kids, LOL. I had lobster bisque, stuffed crepe, creme brûlée and sorbet trip (we shared desserts). All excellent. I wish Chefs served their butter softened, it is my only complaint, but I believe it is in line with French custom.

I agree with considering Raglan Road on your last day. We adore it.

I would choose CP fro breakfast (did pre-park CRT last summer and was really disappointed so this year I chose CP) and Les Chefs. I'm French Canadian and love French food! A good steak or poutine are available everywhere around here.

Le Cellier is a favorite whipping boy here on DIS for some people. The two TS credits on the dining plan rubbed people the wrong way.

For my family Le Cellier is the single most "must do" meal for us every trip. Everyone looks forward to it. We love the food. We've always had great service. I personally find the 2 credits well worth it.

On our last trip this past december we also ate at Yachtsman and Artist Point. IMO neither the steak at YC or the Buffalo at AP was as good as my steak at LC. Personally this would be an easy decision for us.

For me I would choose CP for breakfast and CRT for dinner. I am not a fan at all for dinner buffets and just don't do them. I'm not overly crazy about CRT either for dinner, but it is better than a buffet and the experience is really neat. As for your choice between LC and Les Chef's... Very easy one for me. I am one of those here on the DIS that makes Le Cellier their whipping boy. :goodvibes I was not a fan of LC when it was a 1 TS restaurant and am certainly not a fan of theirs now that they did nothing but raise their prices and increase to two TS. I personally have had a better steak at Coral Reef... But hey it's only my opinion and like belly buttons we all have one. :rotfl: I say Les Chef's in a very easy choice in restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter