• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CRT or Akerhaus Princess Breakfast???

katnevsmom

Earning My Ears
My DD 6 wants to have breakfast with a princess but she doesn't really care if it is Cinderella or not. Should we try to get CRT or will the Akerhaus breakfast be just as good. Since this is our first trip to Disney I thought that maybe we should try for the castle, but it is a lot of money and the reviews that I have seen have not been that good. Will we be disappointed in the Akerhaus meal???

I have not been to the Askerhaus character breakfast, but I hear a lot of so-so reviews. We did CRT last June and it was great. Even my father really enjoyed it. The food is really pretty good. The blueberry french toast was excellent and eating in the castle is truly magical. We did an 8:20 seating and had the park to ourselves for the first part of the day.

We did lunch at CRT on Sunday and lunch at PSB on Monday. We thought that they were pretty much identical - lots of time with princesses, decent food, kids loved it. The only difference that was key for us (as my kids are 5 and 6 and don't notice things like what chandeliers there are) was that PSB was half the price.

We did both the PSB and the CRT for breakfast in March with our DD3 (and our 1 year old). She enjoyed both breakfast's equally as well. For the CRT, we waited in line about 30 minutes to be ushered to Cinderella for a photo and a hug. For the PSB, there was no real wait to visit the princess who was "greeting" the kids at that time (Belle). Both breakfasts offer a variety of princesses. The CRT offers a cute wishing ceremony for the kids, which my 3 year old enjoyed, but I could see a 6 year old thinking was a bit hokey.

The food at both meals was just about equivalent. As a previous poster said, the big difference was price. Unless your DD has a real desire to see Cinderella or eat in the castle, the PSB is a better deal for your money. Also, if you're on the DDP, the PSB is one table service while CPT is two table services.

Since this was DD3's first trip to Disney, I'm glad we did both. However, when we return in June, we'll do the PSB again but not CRT.

Glad to hear PSB was just as good as CRT....because CRT was all booked for me, so I made ADRs for PSB. The only issue will be to see Cinderella, because my DD4 is looking forward to it.

We did lunch at PSB last month and Cinderella was there! :thumbsup2
The food - DH really enjoyed his, mine was okay. DDs were too excited to eat. The princesses were wonderful and we had no wait once we entered. Pictures were taken with Ariel in her gown then we were seated, ordered and Cinderella, Belle, Aurora and Mulan came around to the tables.

Have fun!

DH is so sick of me discussing this since yesterday morning. haha. I called, and CRT was booked so I signed up for Akershus. I may still have a chance w/CRT cuz it was 180 from our arrival, not from our breakfast date, but now I'm debating whether we should go to CRT at all. We did it last Nov, DDs were ages 4 and 1.5 and they really liked it. They didn't eat much, so that doesnt matter, but DH & I liked the food. I mean, its nice to actually be in the castle, but I doubt my DDs this year, ages 5 and 2.5, will care as much. They'll want to see the princesses. They both love Aurora also, which I think is most likely at Akershus? Hmm, now I'm more confused. I think we'll definitely do the PSB this year, not sure if I want to do both, or just skip CRT this year.

Every time we have been to CRT Aurrora has been there. She was also at Akershus last trip. My DD princess: loves Jasmine, Mulan, Mary Poppins, Wendy & Alice. So we are hoping to see some of them at PSB. We have CRt scheduled too because DD just turned 6 and this might be it for princesses. She has always loved Cinderella though since she was 2. So the castle is a must do this trip.

We did both last trip and liked both. I think we got lucky, but Cinderella was at our PSB lunch, along with 4 other princesses. Snow White was not at PBS, but was at CRT. There were a couple of less know characters--Wendy from Peter Pan and Mary Poppins at CRT that my girls really didn't know. However, they really enjoyed both and it was neat to eat in the castle.

PSB is the Princess Storybook at Restaurant Akershus at Epcot, right? Sorry, new to Disney Dining.

So if your on the DDP CRT is costs 2 Tickets, even for breakfast and lunch?

We're going to MK one day and Epcot the other, so I'm trying to coordinate dining ressies.

The rules say you can swap 1 table service for 1 character meal. Does that mean 1 per ts, so we could do a character meal for each of our ts tickets?

My DD5 would love a meal w/princess and a meal w/Mickey and Minnie.

Any help would be great.

cinderella_mom said:
PSB is the Princess Storybook at Restaurant Akershus at Epcot, right? Sorry, new to Disney Dining.

So if your on the DDP CRT is costs 2 Tickets, even for breakfast and lunch?

We're going to MK one day and Epcot the other, so I'm trying to coordinate dining ressies.

The rules say you can swap 1 table service for 1 character meal. Does that mean 1 per ts, so we could do a character meal for each of our ts tickets?

My DD5 would love a meal w/princess and a meal w/Mickey and Minnie.

Any help would be great.

CRT is 2 TS credits for any meal and PSB is only 1 TS credit for any meal. We couldn't get CRT last year so we did PSB for dinner and my then 3 year old DD loved it. I don't think I would use 2 credits for CRT when you could do PSB for one TS and Chef Mickey or LTT for the other. If your DD likes Pooh the buffet at CP is also really good.

Don't forget you can have dinner with Cinderella and Prince Charming at 1900 Park Faire at the GF. It is a dinner buffet (the food is quite good for a buffet) and it only cost one TS dining credit. It is very relaxed and the characters come around more than once. The breakfast at 1900 Park Faire is quite good as well and Mary Poppins is usually there with a variety of other characters.

WANNABE@WDW said:
Don't forget you can have dinner with Cinderella and Prince Charming at 1900 Park Faire at the GF. It is a dinner buffet (the food is quite good for a buffet) and it only cost one TS dining credit. It is very relaxed and the characters come around more than once. The breakfast at 1900 Park Faire is quite good as well and Mary Poppins is usually there with a variety of other characters.

We're staying at POFQ. I think the 1900 PF is in one of the resorts, right? Is it easy to get to other resorts for meals?

We could do that our first night, since we're not going to any parks on arrival day.

Thanks for the info.

Yes, 1900 Park Faire is at the Grand Floridian. You could take a bus from your hotel to Mk and then take the monorail around to the GF. It would be a fun way to get everyone excited, because you would get a close up view of Mk. You could also do Chef Mickey's, Ohana's, or the Luah with the same mode of transportation. If you schedule it right you could watch Wishes and/or the Electric Water Parade after your dinner from the docks or beaches at the Poly or the GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter