CRT on DP

2nd childhood

Living out my 2nd childhood vicariously through my
We are on the dining plan and I have reservations for CRT on our trip in October. I just noticed on my bank statement that I have been charged for the meal.
I thought it was only a $10 holding fee. Will they refund the charge once we show up for the reservation on October 9th? Not sure how this works.

Thanks,
Shannon

The same thing happened to me. I called dining and they were able to change it so that CRT will use my dining credits and then they refunded my cc. :)

CRT is one of the restaurants that charge the full cost up front. When you go there you can tell them that you are on the dining plan and they will make the adjustment for you. It is kind of annoying because if you reserve that far out the charge will go through and you have to wait for the refund.

That is annoying, but I guess I can deal with it. After all we are getting to eat at CRT like my kids wanted to do.

They can (and should) recognize the dining plan and not charge you ahead of time. It is possible, but, for some reason, doesn't seem to happen very often. Refunding and assigning dining credits to cover the meal is also possible, but I don't think it's worth the risk of possibly losing your reservation. The front-line dining representatives on the phone have to call up another department in order to process the refund without losing your reservation.

They can (and should) recognize the dining plan and not charge you ahead of time. It is possible, but, for some reason, doesn't seem to happen very often. Refunding and assigning dining credits to cover the meal is also possible, but I don't think it's worth the risk of possibly losing your reservation. The front-line dining representatives on the phone have to call up another department in order to process the refund without losing your reservation.

Yep. :) when I got refunded they did have a supervisor (or someone other than the original CM) refund me and make sure my reservation didn't get changed. I just called to inquire and wasn't upset or anything. They were very helpful and sweet about it. Hope your family enjoys CRT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter