CRT engagement

Curoly06

Mouseketeer
Hey guys!
So I've been planning my sister's sweet 16 celebration trip for the end of this month and our cousin and her bf are coming with us. My cousin's bf messaged me today and said that he wants to PROPOSE to my cousin at CRT on our MK day. :cheer2:
I'm so excited about it that it's all I can think about now!
The only issue is that our only MK day was going to be during the MNSSHP on Friday Sept 27th. Is CRT even open during MNSSHP?? Or should I expect to change some things up to work in his proposal at another time?
I was already excited about our trip and now it's going to be even more magical! :love:

CRT will be open until 7pm on a MNSSHP night. So, you could make a ressie as late as 6:55pm (if you can get one). But you can't start a meal there after 7pm.

Does he know he can actually enlist the restaurant's help with this?

From the Disney blog
And let’s hope he knows about “The Glass Slipper, A Royal Engagement at Cinderella’s Royal Table at Magic Kingdom Park.” Because where better to stage a marriage proposal than Cinderella Castle?
Though you may be too nervous to eat, you can propose over a lunch or dinner that includes appetizers, entrées and two non-alcoholic drinks in Champagne flutes (alas, no Champagne in the Magic Kingdom). You bring the ring, they provide a glass slipper etched with rose petals. Disney photographers will be there to capture your darling’s delight. If you’re not the jealous type, Cinderella will join you for a photo.

End the sweet experience with a Chocolate Slipper Royal Dessert, a white chocolate slipper filled with chocolate mousse on a “pillow” of angel food cake with fresh berries.
Reservations are limited and Magic Kingdom admission is required. For reservations, call 407-824-4477. Cost is $300 plus tax and gratuity.

Hey guys!
So I've been planning my sister's sweet 16 celebration trip for the end of this month and our cousin and her bf are coming with us. My cousin's bf messaged me today and said that he wants to PROPOSE to my cousin at CRT on our MK day. :cheer2:
I'm so excited about it that it's all I can think about now!
The only issue is that our only MK day was going to be during the MNSSHP on Friday Sept 27th. Is CRT even open during MNSSHP?? Or should I expect to change some things up to work in his proposal at another time?
I was already excited about our trip and now it's going to be even more magical! :love:

Do you already have reservations for CRT? Because you aren't going to get them now for the end of this month.

Do you already have reservations for CRT? Because you aren't going to get them now for the end of this month.

Haha...no. I had no idea until about an hour ago that he was even thinking about this. I will let him find that out from Disney on his own. I will not be the one to burst his engagement bubble!

CRT will be open until 7pm on a MNSSHP night. So, you could make a ressie as late as 6:55pm (if you can get one). But you can't start a meal there after 7pm.

You can't start a meal there after 7:00 only if you are NOT attending the party. Of you are and have a ticket you can eat anywhere that is open after 7:00. And CRT doesn't close at 7:00 on party nights. When you book an ADR it will say that you must have a party ticket if booking a ressie after 7:00.

I got engaged at CRT. I had already had reservations, My fiancé had some how got in touch and booked the engagement, they changed the time to my ressie I kept saying "why did they change the time? I had reserved 7pm and now it says 6:40pm" he kept blowing it off like maybe it was to crowded or overbooked. Low and behold, the reason was he was proposing, I think he had to pay an extra 300 ontop of my already paid for dinner...

546958_564196319786_543818940_n.jpg

Forgot to mention. You get to keep the engraved slipper, two toasting flutes that say cinderellas royal table (which we will be using for our wedding) you get photopass photographer who will take your pictures as it is happening, and the just engaged button (I got all the attention from cast members and characters while watching the parades!) . Also you get a white chocolate glass slipper which was really delicious!! :)

Don't bust his bubble just yet. It will be difficult and maybe impossible to get reservations this late but still possible. My husband was able to score a cancellation with a week til our trip then managed to keep it a secret til that day.

Also, keep watching the cancellation boards in the dining reservations section of the DIS. I had to change our travel dates from early Dec to the week of Thanksgiving, and I knew I would never get a CRT reservation for that week on my own, seeing how that is such a busy time for the parks. But thanks to a wonderful person on this site who needed to cancel and graciously coordinated the timing with me, my family now has an early breakfast reservation at CRT for Thanksgiving Day!!! I still can't believe it!!! We are sooooo excited. So, don't give up hope! And keep checking those cancellation boards! :)

Here is the link to the Engagements at WDW section of Disney's Fairytale Weddings department. They are the ones who can help you and probably even get the reservation for you.

[QUOTE="Cinder" Ella's Mom;49467045]You can't start a meal there after 7:00 only if you are NOT attending the party. Of you are and have a ticket you can eat anywhere that is open after 7:00. And CRT doesn't close at 7:00 on party nights. When you book an ADR it will say that you must have a party ticket if booking a ressie after 7:00.[/QUOTE]

OK, that's good to know. I read somewhere that it closed entirely (even to party guests) at 7pm.

I got engaged at CRT. I had already had reservations, My fiancé had some how got in touch and booked the engagement, they changed the time to my ressie I kept saying "why did they change the time? I had reserved 7pm and now it says 6:40pm" he kept blowing it off like maybe it was to crowded or overbooked. Low and behold, the reason was he was proposing, I think he had to pay an extra 300 ontop of my already paid for dinner...

546958_564196319786_543818940_n.jpg

Congratulations!! Your pics look amazing! I hope my cousin's bf can work everything out for them, too.

Also, keep watching the cancellation boards in the dining reservations section of the DIS. I had to change our travel dates from early Dec to the week of Thanksgiving, and I knew I would never get a CRT reservation for that week on my own, seeing how that is such a busy time for the parks. But thanks to a wonderful person on this site who needed to cancel and graciously coordinated the timing with me, my family now has an early breakfast reservation at CRT for Thanksgiving Day!!! I still can't believe it!!! We are sooooo excited. So, don't give up hope! And keep checking those cancellation boards! :)

Here is the link to the Engagements at WDW section of Disney's Fairytale Weddings department. They are the ones who can help you and probably even get the reservation for you.

Thank You!! I will definitely let him know about this!!

Haha...no. I had no idea until about an hour ago that he was even thinking about this. I will let him find that out from Disney on his own. I will not be the one to burst his engagement bubble!

If you do tell him, he can still try to get a reservation. People do cancel and we've always managed to get the reservations we wanted eventually. Just keep checking! But you might have to be flexible and there's obviously no guarantee! :goodvibes :wizard:

Wow I definitely had to go back and re read this!! I just scanned through it and thought someone was proposing to the 16 year old !!!!

Wow I definitely had to go back and re read this!! I just scanned through it and thought someone was proposing to the 16 year old !!!!

Eek!

I first read it that they were going to be at CRT for the sweet 16 and someone was going to do a proposal during the birthday party (but not to the 16 yr old). And since I'm an 80s girl I was going to urge against that because of 16 Candles. Don't want to overshadow the birthday girl!

Then I reread. Whew.

Eek!

I first read it that they were going to be at CRT for the sweet 16 and someone was going to do a proposal during the birthday party (but not to the 16 yr old). And since I'm an 80s girl I was going to urge against that because of 16 Candles. Don't want to overshadow the birthday girl!

Then I reread. Whew.

haha! My sister would be totally ok with that. :thumbsup2 She said she had a dream that they got engaged during our trip and she hopes that it comes true. I have to keep it a secret from her so she doesn't accidentally let it slip to our cousin. I think it's going to be a great trip! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter