• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CRT early dinner ADR... worth it?

wzwild

Earning My Ears
I just managed to snag an ADR for CRT. It's at 3:55, which is kind of early for dinner for us though. I figured we could have a later brunch that day, skipping breakfast, so that we were hungry again for dinner, but then we'll probably be hungry again later in the evening. I know they are hard to come by, especially 2 weeks out, so I booked it, but am now wondering if it is worth is at that time?!? Thoughts???

If you want to meet the princesses then it's worth it. I'm not sure how many people go to CRT just for the food. Having brunch makes sense, then get a nice late evening snack or even CS meal depending on how hungry you are.

If you want to meet the princesses then it's worth it. I'm not sure how many people go to CRT just for the food. Having brunch makes sense, then get a nice late evening snack or even CS meal depending on how hungry you are.
Thanks. You're right. I guess I'm paying more for the experience and for my DD5 to meet the princesses more than anything. :)

Ask for a princess wand when you get there
My DD got one (many years ago) for free
The boys get crowns for free.

Great pictures and ask for a table near a window
Good views of MK

I would do CRT at least once and your 5 year old will be treated like a princess.

Also - please use the bathrooms at CRT - they are very Royal - both the ladies and the gents.
Worth the short walk - even just to wash your hands. :)

In MK great CS is Columbia Harbor House
A/C and nice seating upstairs
Lots of good food - not expensive
Garden Harvest Salad - mixed greens, garden vegetables, green beans, carrots and chicken $8.99
Vegetarian Chili $4.99
New England Clam Chowder $4.99
Lighthouse Sandwich
small_gold_star.png
- hummus with tomato & broccoli slaw on toasted multigrain bread with potato chips $9.49
Anchors Aweigh Sandwich - white tuna with lettuce and tomato on toasted multigrain bread with potato chips $9.49

For your 5 year old:
Tuna Sandwich - includes grapes, yogurt, and choice of: small low-fat milk or small bottled water $5.99
Uncrustables PB&J - includes grapes, yogurt, and choice of: small low-fat milk or small bottled water $5.49
Macaroni and Cheese - includes grapes, yogurt, and choice of: small low-fat milk or small bottled water $5.99

I think this is a good time. You can spend the day in the MK, watch the afternoon parade and then go for a nice early dinner. For a 5 YO Princess, there is little better than dining in CInderella Castle with Royalty, so I would keep this ADR. Because dinner is so early, you could take time later in the evening to indulge one of Disney's larger snacks. We love to have a Sundae, but after a dinner, unless we are up late, we can't find the room. This would be perfect. Or since your dinner is done by 6, you could take the boat to Fort Wilderness and join Chip and Dales campfire sing-a-long. You can get a smores package and join them with the sing-a-long and movie.

To be honest, this is the one thing I did not make time to do when my DGD was young enough to enjoy it, and now I seem to be pushing everyone else to do it because I really think my Kady missed out on something special (and free)

Is 3:55 the lunch menu or the dinner menu? I bet it is the lunch menu. Check them out if that mataters to you.
3:55 would be too early for us and not worth it.
Good Luck

We had a 4:15 pm dinner reservation at CRT and we ended up eating a big breakfast, a snack midday, and then we enjoyed the dinner at CRT. We had no problem eating at this time and we enjoyed the experience. Our family had a smaller meal later at the quick service restaurant at our hotel after we left MK.

Since it is a hard ADR to get, I would keep it. You will definitely be able to make it work and your child/ren will love the princesses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter