• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CRT-Do most kids wear princess costumes?

3kidsfordis

Mouseketeer
Just booked CRT princess lunch for April. princess: Do most of the kids dress in costumes? Will my kids be out of place if they don't? Also, what were your favorite lunch meals at CRT. I understand food is not great but any favorites?

Many girls do wear the costumes but there are many who don't as well. I think your kids will be too into the characters that they won't even pay attention. The first time we did it my girls wore the costumes, the second time we opted out and they didn't even notice. Have fun!!!

Thanks, I wasn't interested in bringing costumes. Was hoping not everyone dressed up. I don't think my kids will care unless they are the only ones not dressed.

Some do, but my DD did not, and she did not feel out of place at all because I'd say most do not.

Just booked CRT princess lunch for April. princess: Do most of the kids dress in costumes? Will my kids be out of place if they don't? Also, what were your favorite lunch meals at CRT. I understand food is not great but any favorites?

Your sons might look a little funny in a princess costume :rotfl: :rotfl:

You daughter is 5 if your siggy is correct? Most 5 year old girls will dress up for CRT. That is the "princess dress up age" .... I would pack one if you have it as the ones at WDW will run you $60. :rotfl:

I am sure once she is there and sees the other girls dressed up, she is going to want to be a princess too. I am sure it won't make or break her day but if you want her to feel special and like the other girls, I would bring a costume with you.

We've been to CRT 4 times- dd was 2 1/2, 4, and 5 on these trips- not once has she worn a princess costume. She has never been bothered by it nor mentioned it. Yes, there are girls who dress up and are adorable, but there are just as many that don't. Don't worry about it- she will be so excited it won't matter...Have fun! We eat at crt in 8 days!!!:banana:

My daughter has been 3 times and never dressed up or cared that others were. A large amount of very young children dress up but it didn't seem like that many older than preschool age were when we have been. She did wear either an outfit from the Disney store or a dressy casual outfit she really liked and wanted to wear. The princesses were just as complimentary with her about her appearance as they were with other dressed up children.

We've been twice--I'd say maybe a third (if that many) girls dress up. Our first time Li'l FFerret wore a simple sundress. Second time she had a dress that looked like Minnie's (white dots on pink)--seemed like she got more attention than others maybe for it's uniqueness (but then I'm the mom; little biased here :) ).

Everyone called her "Minnie."

::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

This is what MaddieMouse wore; it's just a simple pinafore type dress that I made her with Cinderella fabric I got on sale at Joann Fabrics! She also wore her Cinderella high heels (only for that event, it was tennies the rest of the day) and her "Cinderella headband", this light blue satin headband with a bow that she had gotten from Claire's. The whole outfit was under $8. Yes, there were lots and lots of dressed-up little girls, but it was July, in Florida! I can't imagine how hot those little girls were (although we all know that beauty is worth suffering for, lol). MaddieMouse didn't really seem to notice or care that she wasn't in a "fancy" princess dress, either.

WaltDisneyWorldJuly2007081.jpg

Thanks, I wasn't interested in bringing costumes. Was hoping not everyone dressed up. I don't think my kids will care unless they are the only ones not dressed.

If you don't want to bring costumes, you may want to think about having the kids wear something, like the previous poster did, with princesses on it. We got very good reactions at character meals when we wore t-shirts with the characters on it. It's certainly not necessary, but a great conversation starter. :goodvibes

If you don't want to bring costumes, you may want to think about having the kids wear something, like the previous poster did, with princesses on it. We got very good reactions at character meals when we wore t-shirts with the characters on it. It's certainly not necessary, but a great conversation starter. :goodvibes

That sounds much more doable for me! With my youngest going to be 4 on this trip I was looking forward to not lugging so much stuff with me.

My DD7 was very into princesses and I surprised her with a Cinderella gown that I had tucked into my day bag that day. She only wore it at the lunch and for a short time afterwards. We have a great pic of her with Cinderella, and she was feeling like such a princess in the castle. Priceless. (well actually I got a great gown for $20.00). So I am very happy that I brought it. Knowing her, she would have been disappointed not to dress up when she saw the other girls that were. It depends on your DD, but perhaps a pretty princess t-shirt will make her happy. It's a good compromise.

Some kids dress up and others do not. I don't believe your kids will out of place if they do not dress up. My 8 yo niece that seems to be going on to 18 who the hair has to be right and the clothes has to be just right didn't say a word in her pink cotton skort and top. And she's a tough one. This was the niece’s first trip so they were just excited to be there, meet the princesses and taking it all in. I thought this was odd but the restaurant did not have regular yellow mustards only grey poupon. So if you have someone liking yellow mustard on their hot dog or such grab a few packets from a CS before you arrive. Have fun. Karen

That sounds much more doable for me! With my youngest going to be 4 on this trip I was looking forward to not lugging so much stuff with me.

I also think a lot of parents are like DH and I were on our trip. WE wanted a picture of our little princess dressed up like a princess. Anyway, right after all the characters had made it to our table (we were at Park Faire), she said, can I take off this dress now? :rotfl2: She actually had on some summer princess pajamas underneath because I had not anticipated this turn of events and she did not seem to care that she was eating dinner in the middle of the Grand Floridian surrounded by princesses in her p.j.s! (Luckily they were nice jammies.)

I know my daughter loves to accesorize. I'm sure you could jazz up whatever you bring with a nice hair ribbon, necklace etc... if she wants to be fancy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter