Crowne plaza

kkheburn

Mouseketeer
My husband and I did PL for a 5 day stay at CP. We have always stayed off site but very close. We are only paying $45 a night. Can anyone give me some info about the hotel? Can you pay extra to have a fridge in your room? What kind of breakfast do they offer? How long does it take on the shuttle to get to DL? Thanks:thumbsup2

The shuttle departs every half an hour, so if you make it on time it doesn't take long to get there at all. If you have a car, the parking SUCKS. . be prepared. the last time we stayed wsa mother's day, the pool they say is heated, however it was colder than my unheated pool on mother's day and the jacuzzi was too hot. My MIL has stayed many times and asked for a fridge, they never charged her. OOOOH, speaking of. . ask them to lock that snack bar from their desk, that way you do not have to worry about anyone being nosy and accidentally taping (i am not joking a light tap set is off) one of the products. Fortunately they took it off my stay as we did not take anything. Apparently this happens often from what they told me.

The beds are comfy, slept well there. Haven't eaten there so no clue what the food is there, they do have a joe's crab shack in the same parking lot and several places deliver. Target is right across the street.

Oh when you are at the pool area do not be alarmed, their are apartments that back up right to the fence by the pool area, I feel more for those people living there cuz they have to deal with the typical pool noise. . . it was just a surprise to see residents right next to the hotel, the whole time we have stayed their I've only seen people there once.

Have fun and great job on the price!

Thanks. Does the shuttle start early? We want to at the gates before it opens.

I don't know what time the shuttle starts but you do share it with 2 other hotels. The CP is second on the route and if the shuttle is full they will usually pull out another one, at night they run 3 or 4, I would assume that early in the morning they do that too but don't really know. There is a resort fee of $12 per day that you need to know about and parking doesn't suck at all. The lot is HUGE and we've never had a problem finding a spot. It's next to a Joe's Crab Shack, Outback, Red Robin and a pizza place that we've never eaten at. Hotel rooms are nice, we've never asked for a fridge so I have no info on that but I know they have a limited number of microwaves that you can ask for. We don't ask for either when we stay there and we avoid their mini bar fridge like crazy, way overpriced but they are good about taking things you didn't ask for off. :) They don't offer breakfast at all, the only time we've ever had breakfast is when we've done the timeshare presentation (we are Shell owners and stay at CP free for owner updates) and we get bagels, donuts & fruit there. That is not open to everyone tho so you can't just go get breakfast from them. :)

We stayed in March for four nights at $45 via Priceline. I would stay at this hotel all year long at that price.

Pros: Large rooms and spacious bathrooms. Beds were comfy. Room had an LCD 37" or 42" TV. Across the street from Target.

Cons: Although the parking lot is huge, it is shared with 2 other hotels. Parking stalls are narrow and it was difficult finding a spot a few of the nights after returning from DL. Walk from the parking lot to the hotel entrance is far.

It is a cp, but, not quite cp level. But, It has been a couple years since I stayed there. The parking is tough...very narrow lots, and shared parking with restaurants and hotels. The valets, during out stay, appeared to be arrogant. Generally clean, but could have been better. We have had a better experience at a HI in the area.

The bad feelings for the hotel may stem from the fact that our room was not ready, they gave us a room that was occupied, gave us the wrong beds, etc. and then a subsequent move.

We've stayed at the CP for our 2 most recent trips (thanks to Priceline) I think it's lovely. I haven't had to park a car there so I can't comment on parking. The shuttle is nice but no it won't get you there super early and especially on MM days ~ it only starts running prior to regular park opening ~ we take a taxi on MM days or days we want to get there super early ($8) we always take the shuttle back in the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter