Crowne Plaza Resort

dan and scott

DIS Veteran
Scott and I have a great rate at this Disneyland Resort and was wondering if anyone could give us some input about this property.

We have done a search but came up empty handed, surely someone here has stayed here.

Dan

Hi Dan and Scott.
We don't know a thing about the Crowne Plaza--but we LOVED the Disney Grand Californian. We used our points to stay there in May. You just can't beat the location, and all the design elements are exquisite, as are the restaurants. One of my co-workers who stayed there was really impressed, and he's not even a Disney-oriented person.
I know this isn't what you asked! We just wanted to get you thinking about using your points to stay "on property".
Regards,
Janet and Maddy

The crown Plaza is fairly new and is nice looking it is located a few blocks south of Katella on Harbour (near the Hyatt Alicante). I have only driven by so don't know how the interior is. As far as walking distance goes...that depends on you. I don't consider it convenient for walking to the parks.

The Crowne Plaza is a nice property in neighboring Garden Grove. THere are several new hotels next to it as well. The area kind of reminds me of the Hotel Village area at WDW. You can not walk to Disneyland, it is more than 3 blocks. The hotel must have a shuttle for its guests. Like the previous poster I would reccommend using your points at the Grand Californian. If you have run out of points make sure you visit the hotel for a drink or a meal.

Have fun!

Larry Poppins

I haven't stayed there (yet) but with Red Robin right next door its on my list if Priceline gives it to me!

The hotel looks very nice on the outside. It has The Red Robin in the same parking area, as well as an Outback Steakhouse, and a Joe's Crab Shack. We ate at all three of these places last week( at different times of course) while we were in the Anaheim area. They offered valet parking , I have no idea what the fee for self parking would be. It seemed like a nice area of town. There was a huge Target store across the street. It was just a few minutes drive from disneyland, but I would not say walking distance. Wish I could give you more info, but that's all I know. We stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn via priceline and were very happy with our accomodations, plus free breakfast and parking.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites across the street from the Crowne Plaza and we walked to DL about 5 times. It took us only about 20 minutes which I didn't think was too bad (a little longer when our 3 yr old didn't want to ride in the stroller!), but then again we like to walk. We even walked to the Block at Orange which is an outdoor shopping complex and it us about 40 minutes each way.

Walk to the Block at Orange? That's ambitious! That's a great way to burn off the Krispy Kremes!:D

Note: Krispy Kreme is located in the parking lot of the Block.

Hi Dan and Scott-We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in January and loved it! I think it had only been open a few months.
There were very few people staying there and every time we used the shuttle we had it to ourselves. They do have a shuttle
schedule but with so few guests they just had us call the hotel when we were ready to leave the park and they came and
picked us up. We ate at the Mexican restaurant in the hotel and thought it was pretty good. The pool area was very nice with a
hot tub also. We were the only ones in the pool-it was 10degrees when we had left Pittsburgh so our daughter couldn't wait
to get into the pool! There is a Target across the street which was convenient. With our package we also had one early entry
day into the park. Hope this helps and have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter