Crowds week following Easter?

DisneyDianna

Earning My Ears
We normally go to Disney in the Fall. Next year we will be arriving the day before Easter and will be there for the week after Easter. I expect the crowds to be pretty heavy Easter weekend, but do they thin out after the Holiday?

Crowds probably won't start thinning out until after the week following Easter. Many schools have spring break the week before or the week after Easter.

Dianna - sounds like we'll be there together! Our school system's Spring Break runs 4/16-4/20. I'm taking my daughter out of school on the 11th, but not to beat the crowds, to beat the cost!! (and it wasn't Disney - it was the airfare) We went the same time last year and I've gotta say, it was crowded, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The time before that we went in July and it was twice as hot and about 5 times as crowded!

I am told by my CM friend the week before and week after Easter are the two busiest weeks of the spring.

Last year we went the week after Easter. We were warned it would be super crowded. But Easter was very late last year so it was not as bad as normal. That being said it was the most crowded we had seen. As long as we were at rope drop, used FP's, etc we were fine. The day we got to MK at 10 my kids took one look at the crowds :scared1: and asked to go back to the pool :laughing:

Thank you for the responses. It almost seems like the crowds may be similiar to what we find over Thanksgiving or June?

The crowds depend on the date of Easter. In 2011, Easter was April 24, which is very late, so almost everyone had had their spring break by then. (I didn't find Epcot crowded at all - which is where I spent most of my time.) In 2013, Easter is earlier on March 31, so it will still be very crowded for several weeks after Easter.

For sharing information with this poster and I agree it will be busy.You will still have a magical time. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I'll be there that week. I'm expecting heavy crowds and I'm pretty sure WDW does too, because they keep adding hours at MK. It's open from (7am emh)8am to 1am just about every day, now.

I'll be there that week. I'm expecting heavy crowds and I'm pretty sure WDW does too, because they keep adding hours at MK. It's open from (7am emh)8am to 1am just about every day, now.

The OP is talking about next year (2013).

The OP is talking about next year (2013).

Oh, OK. Didn't notice that bit in the post. That's planning ahead. I assume it could be very similar to this year though....

So if a person was to go next year in April when would be the best time to go? Since Easter is at the end of March when is spring break usually over? And do they usually offer any discounts like free dining or % off if you go later in April? Sorry to ask so many questions on your thread :(

So if a person was to go next year in April when would be the best time to go? Since Easter is at the end of March when is spring break usually over? And do they usually offer any discounts like free dining or % off if you go later in April? Sorry to ask so many questions on your thread :(

In 2013, Easter Sunday is March 31.

I am in CT. Our school calendar for next year was recently released and Spring Break is going to be the week of April 15-19 in our district. The next district over from us is usually the week before us. Virtually all the ones close to my town are one of those two weeks, so I'd guess that you'll find WDW to be fairly crowded until at least the third week of April next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter