Crowds week 12-9.

kapoof

DIS Veteran
With pop warner over but before the holiday rush...are the crowds low this week?

We were wondering the same thing! Do you think Sat 12/9 will be crazy because of the expansion opening that week at MK? We are visiting family in Tampa that weekend but were thinking of making a day stop!

This is normally a quiet week but Fantasyland opening could change that to some extent. Still, most people made their travel arrangements long ago and are not likely to change them just for FLE. Locals may show up on the weekend so those days could be busy in MK only.

My guess (and it is only that) is that by Monday we shouldn't see more than normal crowds at MK.

We arrive the 9th for a short trip as well. Where are you staying?

This will be our 4th trip during that week. 2 times the crowds have been very nice. 2010 I thought the crowds were quite heavy on some days. No way to tell how this year will be. The way the Free Dining was structured this year, it will have some impact. No way to know though until we get there. Hopefully not bad. But I'm bracing myself for heavier crowds than last year because of the Fantasyland opening.

I arrive Dec. 10. This is the fourth straight year I've chosen this time of year as the parks not that crowded. And other than the hotels and the one day HS closes a bit early, Pop Warner really doesn't impact the parks too much.

You can see the crowd calendar on touringplans. That period is in the free zone right now. Looks like 2s and 3s with an occasional 5 and 7. We will be there the 8-16 and so excited to go this time of year.

This will be our 4th trip during that week. 2 times the crowds have been very nice. 2010 I thought the crowds were quite heavy on some days. No way to tell how this year will be. The way the Free Dining was structured this year, it will have some impact. No way to know though until we get there. Hopefully not bad. But I'm bracing myself for heavier crowds than last year because of the Fantasyland opening.

Same here, except my 9th trip. I think the weekend may be heavy-ish for December. Free dining WILL have an impact, in my experience.

We are arriving on the 12th so add me to the list hoping for light crowds. With all the events happening (free dining, Fantasyland opening, ect) I am preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. :)

We are arriving on the 9th saying till the 14th at POR. Hopefully with the soft openings of FL now, it won't be too busy for the opening weekend. :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

We are arriving on the 12th...can't wait our first December trip and our first stay at the Wilderness Lodge :woohoo:

Glad to see this post as I was wondering the same thing. We will be there from Dec 8-16 and had a MK day planned for Sunday the 9th. Wondering if we should avoid MK on that first weekend since more locals may come for the FL opening. Either way cannot wait, this will be our 2nd trip as a familly and our first in December.

The week of Dec 9-15 should be horrible. Terribly crowded. Loads of leftover Pop Warner kids and cheerleaders and Brazilian tour groups and I've heard reports of clouds of locusts and killer bees. I would advise everyone to avoid that week at all costs just in case. ;)

Golf4food said:
The week of Dec 9-15 should be horrible. Terribly crowded. Loads of leftover Pop Warner kids and cheerleaders and Brazilian tour groups and I've heard reports of clouds of locusts and killer bees. I would advise everyone to avoid that week at all costs just in case. ;)

Lol! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter