Crowds, weather, tips? we leave tomorrow.

rebelmom

Mouseketeer
Anyone just back? My family and I leave at 7am tomorrow morning. I was looking for a last minute update on weather and crowds. This is our first trip to disney we will be staying at ASMO throught the 9th, any last minute advice for this newbie??? I can't wait, my Ds 10 and Dd 5, are bouncing off the walls and even Dh is finally coming around and starting to get excited. I want to thank everyone on these boards for all your help with my planning over the past couple of months. Mickey here we come!!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Maybe we will see ya at WDW.

Anyway... according to the waether site, weather is hot and humid, rain in the afternoon for a brief time and then it will clear up and be beautiful. I am expecting that it will be crowded. Bring lots of sunscreen, ponchos for brief warm shower and lots of water, hand held fans.

:earsgirl: :earsgirl:

You've done all the packing and all the planning so my best tip is..... RELAX & ENJOY!! Disney magic happens when you least expect it.

Don't forget the camera to take pictures of all the family smiles - and make sure that someone else takes a couple pictures with YOU in them!!

Every trip we get one picture of all of us taken by one of the Disney photographers. They are on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom (go closer to the castle for a better picture). We've also gotten them done at MGM with Sorceror Mickey - inside, air-conditioned waiting area!! These are our treasures - we've watched our kids grow up in these pictures.

Have a safe & happy trip filled with magic and pixie dust!!! Oh, and don't forget the trip report when you get back!!

Have fun -- use Fastpass! If it is croweded eat at off times, get to the parks early and take a break in the hot weather. Report back, I'm 20 days behind you! We aren't newbies but it is our first summer trip. DS refuses to miss school (whose kid is he? I have no clue!)

We just got back and had a great time. The bottom line is that the heat and crowds weren't as bad as we expected. I travlled with my sister and two kids (3 and 5).

Weather - Dress for the heat. Avoid jean shorts and skirts. The havey material on the shorts made it feel much hotter and your skin is just too hot and sticky for skirts. Don't bother printing out the 10 day forecast before you leave. The weather was never what was predicted. I would recommend doing you must see evening activities as early as possible in case bad weather hits towards the end of your vacation. I had expected quick afternoon rain showers to cool us off but hadn't expected the few long duration rain storms with electrical acitivity. During these 3 hour storms I didn't feel safe strolling around the parks. We usually ate dinner or hung out inside during these.

Crowds - we never had long waits (5-10 minutes for almost everything) but keep in mind that because of the kids ages we avoided most big ticket rides and did most of our rides in the morning. The only times the crowds seemed overwheliming were after Spectromagic and the afternoon in Frontierland. We nocited that Test Track and Kali River Ride ran out of fastpasses in the early afternoon.

Tip - We rode the safari ride at AK with 0 wait around 5pm after an afternoon rain storm. The park was empty and it was amazing to walk the animal trails when it seemed like you had the park to yourself.

Good Luck and Have Fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter