Crowds/weather late Sept./early Oct.

KristinandChris

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

DH and I are toying with the idea of a family Disney trip late September or early October to celebrate DD's 3rd birthday and our wedding anniversary - our family consists of two adults, DD (she'll be 3 mid-October), and DS (he'll be 6-7 months). Because I'm a teacher we usually go spring break, summer, or Christmas but after the CRAZY Christmas crowds last year we are willing to go during the school year to hopefully get a break in crowds!

We've been in late August so we know how hot it can get but is it still hot and humid late September/early October? We'd also like to take advantage of free dining which I think ends in late September, is that going to add to the crowds? We can navigate crowds pretty easily so as long as it's not 90+ minute waits we'll be happy :)

TIA!

Our family went late September with FD promotion. Crowd level was almost non-existent except right after fireworks. Most wait was 15 minutes utilizing fastpass. Even with FD going on, late Sept is very light crowd time for WDW. Early Oct brings little more crowd due to FW but nothing like Christmas, Easter, or Thanksgiving. It was still very, very hot and humid. Some days it was nearing mid 90... most days low 90s. Good for swimming breaks in the afternoon.

Despite the hot weather, we are going back late Sept/early Oct b/c we really enjoyed our trip. Everyday, we were at each park for Rope Drop and after lunch we took breaks and went back to the park in the evening for night time shows.

We've been both end of August and end of September...we actually had drier whether in August...the really awful weather breaks about mid-October.

Crowds are pretty low, even with free dining, except for the restaurants. The new free dining where the value folks get Quick Service will probably make the quick service restauarants even more crowded.

Here is a neat calendar that has crowd levels and temps for October.

http://www.easywdw.com/october2011.pdf

October is a great time to good. We really have lucked out on the weather. We have had one humid/hot day and a few days were it was cold. Cold is easier to handle than hot for us. The crowds are low so it is not too busy. The link I posted has crowd levels from 3-5 most of October with one 6. A 5 is average.

Later,
Dan

Thanks everyone! We've had extremes of weather with super hot/humidity in August and freezing cold/snow in December/January so the weather doesn't bother us too terribly much, especially with pool breaks. I'm so glad to hear that the crowds are low! That will make waiting in line with a very active 2 year old little girl that much easier :)

Now to figure out when to book airline tickets...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter