Crowds & Weather - first half of June

Hmmmm... I think you guys may have sufficiently scared me off of June. At least while my son is only 4 and a) missing school isn't too bad and b) I would hate for him to get too overheated and c)LATE EMH are out of the question for us at this point in his life.

I might have to rethink June and go back to exploring Oct/Nov again. I just haven't been on a true Summer vacation for so long. But I hate the heat and humidity. I was getting very uncomfortable a few weeks ago in March(!) when it started to get into the 80s.

But this is all really good information to know for future trips, when I think we would end up going around school vacations.

There has never been a crowd shut down in our previous 3 June trips. Think Easter, Christmas Week and 4th of July for those types of crowds.

Some FP's run out early (as in before 11am)-TSM and Soarin come to mind as the ones that run out first. And some won't run out until later in the day- Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Mission Space, EE to name a few.

AS for SWW, DHS is VERY crowded over those 3 days. A little more than half the crowds are there for the Star Wars events, but that doesn't mean the other attractions are empty either! The best advice I have is to get there early, expect VERY long waits to see the characters and bring your patience. Check back on the DIS after the first weekend occurs to get the event schedule and first hand reports of crowds etc. It is not possible to see everything in one day, so figure out what means the most to your family and try to just stick with that. It would also help if you have another day in your trip planned to visit DHS to tackle the Non SW attractions.

TSM is definately on My early fastpass list! And on my must do list lol thats the ride i look forward to the most in HS! LOL. Yeah i figured it would be super super busy husband is hoping since this is the last day of the last weekend if wont be as bad but I think it will be worse! For him the Star Wars Weekend is an absolute must do for me and my daughter we could care less about star wars! I told him i would try to find a cute star wars shirt if there was such thing and be there for moral support but not to get mad when we arent nearly as excited about it all as he is LOL !
We have 1 open day that we probably wont do anything but we have an ADR in one of the parks yeah we have hopper passes and what not so we have planned to allow another half day at HS incase the SWW is so overwelming we dont get to do or see much of anything in HS! I dont see it being a favorite of mine and daughters though. There isnt much that my 8yr old really wants to do in that park besides TSM

June was pretty much set in stone for us! Crowds no crowds scorching weather and all! LOl Could be worse it could be july or august right ;)

We are going for 2 weeks in June again this year. I vaguely remember saying that due to the heat that would never happen again! Oh well, I guess my good memories of the trip took over!

I truly do love the summertime trips. I love not having to worry about school. I love the swimming weather. I love nighttime in the parks with longer hours. There's just a nice carefree vibe in the summer! And you do tend to get used to the heat a bit after the first few days, or rather you develop a plan to deal with it...like light clothing, breaks, and alot of water! Summer can definitely be fun! :)

We got married at Disney at the BWV gazebo on June 15, 2009. It was a 10am wedding and I was sweating like crazy!!! Sure, I was nervous, but it was the heat, man!! At one point, I begged the photographer to have a family picture on the beach over by the BC. Everyone took their shoes off and were complaining about how hot the sand was!! It was probably only about 11:15 am at that point!

Anyway, that being said, the day was SO magical :lovestruc and we ended up being in Hollywood Studios by 2:00pm sweating with the rest of the crowds! What an incredible day!!!

Our two weeks there then were hot and crowded but like everyone else stated, just use FP's wisely (don't be late!!! :rotfl2:) and use those afternoon breaks.

We'll be there with you this year! We're going June 3rd - 14th! A little heat and other people don't scare us that easily!! :cool1:

Have fun! :banana:

Last year in early June it was 104 degrees while we were @ DHS. :scared1: That was a little too warm for me! The crowds were much heavier than we were used to in the fall too, but we just left early and swam a lot. Overall, I'd chose fall, but June is better than no Disney at all! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter