Crowds tomorrow?

Mom to a Princess

Mouseketeer
Hi! DD and I have APs and are heading down tomorrow for the day but I was wondering about the crowds. It seems that DL will be open at 8am which measn they are expecting a lot of people. Anyone have and ideas of how bad it will be?

park will close late tommorow too... i dont get off work until 2AM... cuz im on Main street tmorrow night.

Yes, they are expecting large crowds. The hours got extended for Friday, then got extended for today.

Most schools have the day off tomorrow.

Albort said:
park will close late tommorow too... i dont get off work until 2AM... cuz im on Main street tmorrow night.

See you tomorrow! I will be one of the many many people in the crowd!

School holiday + Official start of Holiday Magic = large crowds.

Have fun though!

I was hoping that people won't be there tomorrow....I am taking my son for his 11th birthday... we do have AP's but every year on their birthday (or as close to it as we can get) we celebrate at Disneyland. Maybe we will hit DCA instead if the crowds are less.......

Opening at 8 AM does really tell us what we needed to know. not what I wanted to hear but it will help with the planning......

See ya all there in the crowds. I will be with DH, DS11 and DD8.

DL closed at about 1PM to new guests. The stopped selling tickets to from what we were told. It was insane. Packed - wall to wall - not even fun for us. We don't like crowds and have never been with this many people before. We headed to DCA to visit with Beach Santa then walked around there for a bit. Back to DL but never ended up riding any rides.... just to long of lines. And I should have know since it took me 2 + hours to get there and we are 60 minutes away THEN..... after getting off the freeway on Harbor thinking the Timon parking lot would be less crowded it took me over 1 hour just to enter the parking lot. AND the lot was only 1/2 full. The only had 4 of 8 possible parking entrances opened. Why they would only staff at 50% was beyond me. The traffic on Harbor was not fun and people were not in a good mood. I am surprised we didn't see accidents there.

Well unfortunately DL was NOT the happiest place on earth for us yesterday but there is always the next time... and we will be back.

Disney Hot Mama said:
Why they would only staff at 50% was beyond me.

a lot of people called in sick these days... its been very contagious... I got moved to another stand from what i had to do because they needed someone to close that since the original person called in... Cant really blame them. We try our best!!!

Disney Hot Mama said:
DL closed at about 1PM to new guests. The stopped selling tickets to from what we were told. It was insane. Packed - wall to wall - not even fun for us. We don't like crowds and have never been with this many people before. We headed to DCA to visit with Beach Santa then walked around there for a bit. Back to DL but never ended up riding any rides.... just to long of lines. And I should have know since it took me 2 + hours to get there and we are 60 minutes away THEN..... after getting off the freeway on Harbor thinking the Timon parking lot would be less crowded it took me over 1 hour just to enter the parking lot. AND the lot was only 1/2 full. The only had 4 of 8 possible parking entrances opened. Why they would only staff at 50% was beyond me. The traffic on Harbor was not fun and people were not in a good mood. I am surprised we didn't see accidents there. Well unfortunately DL was NOT the happiest place on earth for us yesterday but there is always the next time... and we will be back.

I was there yesterday and I was shopping in the Frontierland store (next to the shooting range). I was standing close to the door (facing the entrance to Frontierland from Main. St.) and 3 or 4 young boys (maybe ages 9 or 10) stood at the doorway. One of them said: "Look at this!" and they said: "Take it! Take it!" So the boy showing them grabbed a Chip & Dale beanie set and ran out the door and he and his friends hightailed it out of Frontierland. The store only had one CM and they saw that she was busy assisting another guest. I quickly yelled:" Excuse me! Some kids just shoplifted from your store!" She said: "OMG, really?" and she asked me what they looked like. I mentioned to them that one of them was pushing an empty navy blue stroller and she immediately phoned security. There were so many people and the CM mentioned there was little chance they would be caught.

How sad is that.... I hope they were caught.

I do have to say with the crowds yesterday I did NOT encounter any unfriendly cast members anywhere. My son and I both had birthday buttons on (my BD was 11-8 and his was 11-9). We had so many well wishers I couldn't even count them. The employees who were there were top notch. They must have been exausted but they were all professtional and friendly.
That is why we go there so much too! THe Cast Members are great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter