crowds today at MK

child-at-heart

Earning My Ears
I just spoke to my daughter who went to MK today and she said the crowd levels were not too bad. she got there about 11:30 and has been on the big rides 3 times each. she said the longest she had to wait was probably 30 minutes but many of them were only 20 minutes. I know on touringuides.com today was a 6 when tomorrow and the next I think are 4's.

Thanks - I will be coming in around 11:30 on Wednesday - she did not happen to mention how the lines were in fantasyland did she?....am bringing my 3 and 5 year old for their first visit.

I remember her saying she got a fast pass for peter pan and she was planning on going on Winnie the Pooh. I was there just after Labor Day on thursday. We got there around 9:15 am and Fantasyland was pretty empty most of the morning. I would suggest bringing your little ones there in the morning so they do not have to wait in lines. We pretty much walked on the rides or waited no more than 5 minutes. by the afternoon it gets more crowded.

Today was our last day and I thought MK was super crowded compared to how it was all last week. Every ride had some kind of line- most around 20-30 mins. It isn't the end of the world but we had literally walked on to everything last week and there were days they weren't even doing fastpasses b/c it was so empty- today you definitely needed FP's if you didn't want to stand in line. I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder, but the crowds were definitley up from a week ago at this time!

We were at MK on Sunday morning. (yesterday)
We had early reservations for Crystal Palace breakfast and were done just in time to make rope drop at Fantasyland.

This is how it went...
Winnie the Pooh (2X)
Snow White
Mickey's Philharmagic
Peter Pan (2x)
It's a Small World
Haunted House (3 times)
Splash mountain (twice)
Big Thunder
Pirates(2 X)

This was all done between 9 am and noon.. with 2 bathroom breaks and an ice cream/ dole whip break.
Then we went back to the hotel for a nap.
We did not wait in one single line.. we literally walked on everything until Big Thunder which was about 10 minutes.. then 10 minutes for Pirates.
And then we were tired so left for a swim and a nap.
It was AMAZING:cloud9:

Now hopefully the parks stay this empty because I will be there on Sat.:banana: :banana: Before last year I had been there twice in June and the crowds were crazy. I stopped in MK before a convention last year(Sept.) and kept telling my friends how empty the park was.:rotfl: :rotfl: None of them had ever been before and I didn't want them to get the wrong idea. It (crowd level)is one of the reasons we booked for September this year.

Now hopefully the parks stay this empty because I will be there on Sat.:banana: :banana: Before last year I had been there twice in June and the crowds were crazy. I stopped in MK before a convention last year(Sept.) and kept telling my friends how empty the park was.:rotfl: :rotfl: None of them had ever been before and I didn't want them to get the wrong idea. It (crowd level)is one of the reasons we booked for September this year.

I agree, we arrive Sunday and low crowds would be great! Fingers crossed.

I agree, we arrive Sunday and low crowds would be great! Fingers crossed.

Me too me too!!! Dd8 and I leave Friday for our 8 day wonder trip and already are having trouble sleeping because we are SO EXCITEDD!!!!

I know a LOT of people from the Dis are going and we know of several families from where we live....hopefully that is all. :rotfl:

~~~Kelly

Me too me too!!! Dd8 and I leave Friday for our 8 day wonder trip and already are having trouble sleeping because we are SO EXCITEDD!!!!

I know a LOT of people from the Dis are going and we know of several families from where we live....hopefully that is all. :rotfl:

~~~Kelly

We leave in the middle of the night tonight! I couldn't sleep at all Saturday so I took a sleeping pill last night (Sunday.) I had to get at least one good night of sleep this week! :yay:

I hope it's as empty as they keep saying it is. :cool2:

Just wondering if anyone else had head this...when we called to confirm everything for our vacation which begins on Saturday the 20th, the CM i was talking to was saying something about next week being the time that there would be a nationwide homeschool gathering. :scared1: Love those dedicated homeschooling families, but this makes me a little nervous. Anyone else who couod confirm that it is definately next week when they will be there!

Found a website that offered Homeschoolers tickets at a discount for Sept 15 & 16. Hopefully those dates were correct.

We were at MK late last night (Mon. night) and NOTHING had a line. We literally had our own boat on Pirates, with no one even in the boats in front of or behind us. Creepy! There were only two other families in Jungle Cruise with us, and we could have rode Big Thunder Mountain till we puked. People were just hopping off and then right back on without having to go around. The only huge crowd was on the way out in the massive herd of humanity.

We were at MK yesterday 9/15. Glad we did rope drop. Got everything done we wanted to, but by noon, it was busy busy busy! And hot hot hot! I was surprised since Friday it was practically dead. Oh well. We used FP and didn't wait more than 10 minutes for anything.

Friday-Sunday were empty, perfect to get everything done. Yesterday at AK I could not believe how packed it was. I kept saying the whole time, it's so crowded! The waits for rides weren't bad at all, it just seemed there were people everywhere. Everest Wait was already 60 minutes an hour after it opened. We had to search for 20 minutes for a table and my dh was in line for a half hour for food. Craziness!

Friday-Sunday were empty, perfect to get everything done. Yesterday at AK I could not believe how packed it was. I kept saying the whole time, it's so crowded! The waits for rides weren't bad at all, it just seemed there were people everywhere. Everest Wait was already 60 minutes an hour after it opened. We had to search for 20 minutes for a table and my dh was in line for a half hour for food. Craziness!

Yes! We noticed the AK bus was packed! It WAS a morning EMH, but still. MK was busy as well though. Friday it was practically dead. Go figure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter