Crowds this Week?

marlower

DIS Veteran
So, anyone there now or just recently got back??? How are the crowds? I will be coming in on Thursday and hoping it will be thinned out a bit!!

Last week was crowded but not any more than I expected for Easter week. MK got mobbed a couple of times but I think the colder weather influenced that since no one was going to the water parks when it was 60 and windy.

If nothing else it was a great time to people watch and make new friends standing in line LOL

Even a bad day at Disney is better than a good day at work :)

I would like to know for this week too! (Today is Friday 4/17.) Is it really still at a 9?

We are here right now (waiting for Spectro to start) and I would say that yes crowds are a 9. Stand by for Space was 80 minutes at about 9:50. We did not do rope drop today and its definately been very crowded. We had to spend our last night MK so decided we would brave the crowds.

We just arrived home last night. I know that it must have been really crowded because last Thursday they shut the gate shortly after we entered the park due to being filled to capacity. I would have never guessed it. It was busy during the day, but not like I haven't seen it before. By 9 pm we were walking on rides of our choice with little to no line. Easter Sunday MK was open until 3 for EMH by midnight our children were going on rides continuously because there were no lines. We spent the day at downtown Disney and only went for the parade and after. We took full advantage of fast pass and never did we wait in a line the entire time that we were there for more then 20 minutes. We did every ride that we wanted. It was obvious during Fantasmic how many people were at Hollywood Studios that day, luckily we had the Fantasmic package and our area was almost empty until 2 minutes before the show started. The only ride that we had any difficulty getting fast passes for was Soaring. Our first day at Epcot we had gone to Chef Mickey's and arrived to late to receive a fast pass. The next day we arrived earlier and were able to get fast passes for later in the day. I know that it was really busy last week but I didn't feel it. If you play your fast passes right you and leave certain rides for later in the day you will never have to wait in a line. I remember the days before fast passes and you could go to MK and only be able to ride a few rides all day. Those days are over. It still amazes me to watch people stand in a stand-by line for over 2 hours (like I saw this week at Soaring, Space Mountain, and Splash Mountain). My Disney time is precious and I want to make the most of it.

Where do you come up with your "9"? What site are you looking at? Thanks!

I also would like to know? :confused3

the "9" refers to the crowd level ratings from touringplans.com

That's the website for the Unofficial Guide to Disney...they rate the expected wait time at the top rides at each park. They have a full explanation of what the ratings mean but if I remember correctly you multiply by 10 to get the average wait time at the top rides that day...so a "9" means you'll be standing in line 90 minutes to get on Space Mountain, for example.

We just arrived home last night. I know that it must have been really crowded because last Thursday they shut the gate shortly after we entered the park due to being filled to capacity. I would have never guessed it. It was busy during the day, but not like I haven't seen it before. By 9 pm we were walking on rides of our choice with little to no line. Easter Sunday MK was open until 3 for EMH by midnight our children were going on rides continuously because there were no lines. We spent the day at downtown Disney and only went for the parade and after. We took full advantage of fast pass and never did we wait in a line the entire time that we were there for more then 20 minutes. We did every ride that we wanted. It was obvious during Fantasmic how many people were at Hollywood Studios that day, luckily we had the Fantasmic package and our area was almost empty until 2 minutes before the show started. The only ride that we had any difficulty getting fast passes for was Soaring. Our first day at Epcot we had gone to Chef Mickey's and arrived to late to receive a fast pass. The next day we arrived earlier and were able to get fast passes for later in the day. I know that it was really busy last week but I didn't feel it. If you play your fast passes right you and leave certain rides for later in the day you will never have to wait in a line. I remember the days before fast passes and you could go to MK and only be able to ride a few rides all day. Those days are over. It still amazes me to watch people stand in a stand-by line for over 2 hours (like I saw this week at Soaring, Space Mountain, and Splash Mountain). My Disney time is precious and I want to make the most of it.

Thank you for mentioning the emh evenings at MK, we are planning on attended the emh evenings at MK on the 26th--disney's site says it will be open until 3am so we want to take full advantage of this, especially since we have a 630am flight, we might as well commando style it and not go to bed!!! So excited!!

Thank you for mentioning the emh evenings at MK, we are planning on attended the emh evenings at MK on the 26th--disney's site says it will be open until 3am so we want to take full advantage of this, especially since we have a 630am flight, we might as well commando style it and not go to bed!!! So excited!!

:scared1::scared1: You're going round the Magic Kingdom naked??!! :scared1::laughing::lmao:

We are leaving tomorrow, but last night was our last day in the parks! Didn't even use all 5 days on our passes!:eek: I completely agree that if you use your FP's wisely, you can do everything you want. Most days, we didn't even get to the parks until noon and did late night at the parks, which was AWESOME! The crowds did not seem like 9's to me at all.;) I'll be posting a trip report soon:)

We just got to WDW yesterday, and I can't stress enough what a difference it makes to get to the parks at the opening. We went to MK yesterday afternoon after we got in, and only did 2-3 rides because the waits were so long.
Today, we did the 8am EMH at MK. We got there at 7:30, which was actually too early, but we did ride up front on a totally empty monorail! We were the only passengers.
After the open at 8 (with full ceremony), we went straight for space mountain, at ended up doing 13 (!!!) rides before noon.
8am start: SM, Buzz, Pooh, Snow White, Peter Pan, IASM, Philharmagic, Haunted Mansion, (time check 10:00am) Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain (time check 10:30), Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Liberty Belle Riverboat, tome check 11:50! Perfect timing for our 12:00 ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern (great lunch by the way).

Definitely get there at open!

the "9" refers to the crowd level ratings from touringplans.com

That's the website for the Unofficial Guide to Disney...they rate the expected wait time at the top rides at each park. They have a full explanation of what the ratings mean but if I remember correctly you multiply by 10 to get the average wait time at the top rides that day...so a "9" means you'll be standing in line 90 minutes to get on Space Mountain, for example.

Thank you!

hm, so is asking about last weeks crowd really that good an indicator of next weeks crowd? Usually not, when you are talking the difference between easter week and most of the rest of the year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter