Crowds this week?

hothsolo

Earning My Ears
We're thinking about going to IOA on friday, but after Disney yesterday we're worried that it will be too crowded. We would definitely get the express pass. Anyone been this week? Will we be able to get onto everything? Going with all adults, not kids, so we're not really interested in the rides geared to kids.

Thanks

Cj

I'm not there, but here are the wait times from Universal as of 12:40p EST. The waits don't look too bad to me, but things may be different this weekend.

Islands Of Adventure
Blutos Barges = 5 mins.
Caro-Seuss-el = 5 mins.
Cat In The Hat = 30 mins.
Dooms Fearfall = 45 mins.
Dueling Dragons = 20 mins.
Grinchmas = 14:00 (next show time)
Incredible Hulk = 65 mins.
JP River Adv = 10 mins.
One Fish = 20 mins.
Poseidons Fury = 15 mins.
Ripsaw Falls = 5 mins.
Spider-Man = 60 mins.
Storm Force = 15 mins.

Universal Studios Florida
Animal Actors = 13:30 (next show time)
Barney = 13:15 (next show time)
Beetlejuice = 13:15 (next show time)
Disaster Studios = 10 mins.
E.T. Adventure = 15 mins.
Fear Factor = 13:30 (next show time)
Horror Show = 13:15 (next show time)
Jimmy Neutron = 45 mins.
Men In Black = 15 mins.
Mummy = 30 mins.
Shrek 4-D = 35 mins.
The Simpsons = 30 mins.
Twister = 20 mins.

FYI - You can access the latest wait time information provided by Universal Orlando using the following link: http://66.77.171.132/MobileWeb/ParkMenu.aspx

Thanks. Very helpful. I assume these would be standby times, not express pass times? Any idea what the % difference would be? half the time for express? Less? Is there a similar thing for disney?

Cj

Thanks. Very helpful. I assume these would be standby times, not express pass times? Any idea what the % difference would be? half the time for express? Less? Is there a similar thing for disney?

Right. These are the standby times. Express times tend to be 5-15 minutes. There maybe situations where it is longer, for instance, a train being added to Dueling Dragons or a delay because someone with special needs is loading/unloading, but overall the Express is the way to go. You'll love it.

I'm not aware of any website where Disney provides their current wait times.

We're thinking about going to IOA on friday, but after Disney yesterday we're worried that it will be too crowded. We would definitely get the express pass. Anyone been this week? Will we be able to get onto everything? Going with all adults, not kids, so we're not really interested in the rides geared to kids.

Thanks

Cj
I'm thinking this weekend will be very busy...especially Saturday as the holiday people probably won't leave until Sunday. That's very wise of you getting the EP for Friday...you might want to see how the crowds are before buying the passes. Just get there as early as possible and play it by ear...for a while at least.

We have been here all week. The only bad day was on Monday.Not sure why....even the cast members didn't have an explanation for it. The Express Line queue for MIB was out past the entrance (of MIB). They also had similiar reports at the Woody Woodpecker rollercoaster. Definately get the fast pass. I don't think we waited more than 10 minutes for anything. The first day we wallked straight onto MIB.
Today we were expecting high crowds (being NYE) but everything was pretty much walk straight on. Perhaps 5 mins on MIB. Although I can relate to the adding of an extra dragon on DD. It's interesting to watch, but it does take a long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter