Crowds This Week & into May

LMO429

DIS Veteran
Hello!

I am just curious for anyone that has been to WDW recently (this week and going into May) maybe we can all report back here and let each other know how the crowds have been? Last year we went and crowds were quite manageable..I know this year as a whole from last year crowds are generally said to be heavier..anyway I am fearing the worse for when we go in mid May and hoping for the best.

If there is already a post like this somewhere can one of the moderators or posters direct me to it

Thanks!

otherwise how has everyone experiences been?

We have friends down there right now and they have said it is moderate crowd level. Early in the AM is great, and weather is perfect!!

We have friends down there right now and they have said it is moderate crowd level. Early in the AM is great, and weather is perfect!!

Good to hear!

For those of you going around May 5th - May 12th..that is when we went last year crowds were great (if you were at the rope drop) weather was good too..it only rain once the 7 days we were there for 20 minutes

Just returned last night. I thought it was pretty crowded as the day went on especially MK. If you get to the parks early it didn't feel crowded until about lunch time. DHS was never really crowed we got there at opening yesterday and did RNR 3 times, TOT once and star tours all by 11. Epcot seemed espcially crowded even early am. Got a tip from a cast member at AKL that there is filming at Wide world of sports with a lot of Disney channel stars. Jonas bros, Hannah montana to name a few.

We leave in 3 days so I am interested to hear about the crowds as well. Can't wait!

We will be there starting sat. so I was also wondering about crowds this week. I'm figuring this week and next would be pretty similiar. Between checking the weather forecast and wondering about the crowds I'm going to drive myself crazy.

We leave on Sunday as well, hoping for light/moderate crowds. All of the flights out of Houston to MCO are overbooked. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

We leave on Sunday as well, hoping for light/moderate crowds. All of the flights out of Houston to MCO are overbooked. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

We were there last week. I thought the crowds were very managable (nothing like I feared). We are used to going in Oct and May (great times) but the weather was perfect and with good planning we never waited more than 10 min for a ride.

Kim

We were there April 30-May 6. Our last day was at MK on Tuesday. We walked on HM 3 times around 1:00 with no wait at all. Same with Pirates. The rides like Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh always have long wait times no matter what time of year you go. The parks all were "crowded" but it didn't affect ride times at all. Everything was such a short wait. BTW...The Jungle Cruise guides were terrible when we went. We had a guy named MARK who was HORRIBLE. The other guy we had twice was Manillo from Brazil. He didn't tell the jokes right and everyone was just sitting there confused. But anyway...that's a different topic. All the rides were very easy to get on to. We used fast passes...and thanks to this board, I now know that we can use fast passes ANYTIME after the ticket says we can go on. EX: If my SM ticket was for 10:00-11:00, I could still use them at 3:00 if I wanted. I did this ALL the time and nobody said anything to me! It was great not feeling pressured to be someplace at a "scheduled time."

Just got back Monday. Getting to the parks for rope drop is essential! It was very crowded later in the day (70+ minute waits for Soarin', 60+ for Test Track) There seemed to be a lot of day trippers from various schools in the area at the parks..and the problem is, you never know what park they are going to.

We leave tommorow!!!!!!! I hope we run into smaller crowd levels... but we will have FUN no matter what!!!! We just cant wait!!!! today at work is going to kill me... LOL

:) We are also leaving tomorrow evening around 6pm and we cannot wait:goodvibes We have been there every May for who knows how many years and its been great! We have never waited in outragously long lines ... you have to be smart and use fastpass when its available and get to the parks early for certain rides. And unfortunately when it comes to rides like Test Track and Soarin' you are going to wait in lines that are 70+ minutes long if you don't utilize fast pass OR get to the parks first thing in the morning and run to the ride and get on. You have to be ride smart and decide how long you are willing to wait for a certain must-do ride! Our limit is like 20 minutes, I know sounds ridiculous but we know to get in early in the morning especially to MK for Fantasyland things, and we use fast pass when available. We have gotten to the parks early, gotten fast pass on those favorite rides, then rode the ride and come off to see the new time on the fast pass ticket is for hours later in the day! Make sure you get a FP for the safari in AK ... unless you get in early and get right on, those lines can be brutal even in late morning! Its not fun for us to be standing in line with our kids for that long, and they are 8 and 5:)

I was there the week before Memorial Day last year (and will be back the same time this year) and the crowds were great. It was pretty empty in the Morning up until about 11am. It got crowded between 11 and about 2 but still manegable. After 2pm there was a drop off. Lines were manegable all day. I usually have a good experience the week before or the week after a major holiday.

can't wait----we leave Sunday morning at 7AM and will be in Orlando by 9AM. Then off for our first ever deluxe stay at WL. I got my hats and my pool-hopper passes ready to go!!!!! LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter