• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowds over the 4th of July...

snowwhite17

Wicked Queen
My family is going to be at WDW from July 1-8.:goodvibes We are usually there either around thanksgiving or spring break. Will the crowds be crazier then what we are used to during that time. I realize the weather will be hotter.

Never been there on the 4th, but we will be right with you this year. Very crowed. If you are going to Mk, do not leave. Will fill to capacity. We have Breakfast ressie at CP for the 4th, then Plaza for dinner. It is evening extra magic hours until 2 am. Use your fast pass options. It will be crazy, but I think it should be fun. Of course we have been to WDW alot, so do not have to do everything on every trip

Never been there on the 4th, but we will be right with you this year. Very crowed. If you are going to Mk, do not leave. Will fill to capacity. We have Breakfast ressie at CP for the 4th, then Plaza for dinner. It is evening extra magic hours until 2 am. Use your fast pass options. It will be crazy, but I think it should be fun. Of course we have been to WDW alot, so do not have to do everything on every trip

We have been to MK many times of the 4th, and yes it is very crowded. There's no way I would spend the entire day there on the fourth. Getting there for breakfast and staying until night time? Yikes! :scared1: That would not be fun. It's about 90 degrees with 95% humidity. That's a lot of sweaty, cranky people! We have never had a problem leaving the park and going for a swim and returning later in the day. Just make sure you are back by 6pm or so.

My family is going to be at WDW from July 1-8.:goodvibes We are usually there either around thanksgiving or spring break. Will the crowds be crazier then what we are used to during that time. I realize the weather will be hotter.

I have never been at Thanksgiving time, but I have been at Christmas and on Independence Day many times. Christmas is by far worse, with much crazier crowds. The 4th is very busy, but is still enjoyable. The days surrounding the 4th are busy, but it's much worse on the actual day itself. The further you get from the 4th on either side, the less the crowds are. It's a great way to spend the holiday.

Our last 3 visits have been right around Fourth of July....most of the time we are in US/IoA on 7/4...then do WDW 7/5-8...

We live in the same climate so the heat doesn't really bother us...same old thing as Louisiana....but it is quite hot & steamy. Stay hydrated, and duck into the "cool" attractions from time to time (ex. Mickey's Philharmagic).

However we do so love the 4pm Rainshowers that scare off the tourists...and after ducking into CRT (or whereever) for an early dinner...or show/attraction...the parks are pretty empty for a while after folks have gone back to their resorts.

We never do Rope Drop...but we always have a plan...and have managed to see / do everything we want to.....and then some.

I would suggest a Touring Plan...and also work the FP's and SR's if you can...

You'll have a Magical Visit !

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter