Crowds next week (1/9)???

crzy4mk

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for
Ok, so I've been a few times right after New Years and also on Marathon weekend. I've typically found the crowds to be managable with the exception of a day or two after the 1st, and even the crowds over race weekend haven't been that bad (not counting traffic). This year I'm reading about crazy crowds and wait times of 4 hours for rides....good grief!

I arrive next Wednesday the 9th for a 7 day stay. I'd love everyone's educated guesses on how much the crowds should die down by then. I'm hoping that all the kiddos will be back in school by the 7th so maybe at least for a few days we'll have low crowds.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

crzy4mk said:
Ok, so I've been a few times right after New Years and also on Marathon weekend. I've typically found the crowds to be managable with the exception of a day or two after the 1st, and even the crowds over race weekend haven't been that bad (not counting traffic). This year I'm reading about crazy crowds and wait times of 4 hours for rides....good grief!

I arrive next Wednesday the 9th for a 7 day stay. I'd love everyone's educated guesses on how much the crowds should die down by then. I'm hoping that all the kiddos will be back in school by the 7th so maybe at least for a few days we'll have low crowds.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

They should die down a lot by then. Just a little uptick for the marathoners.

www.easywdw.com has the 7th as a "3", then down to "2's" until Fri-Sun when it goes to "5's". Looks pretty awesome to me!

We are going next week also and on our days everything is 2-3. Hope that holds to be true!

I was there the 2nd week of January last year. I wouldn't call it crowded but it wasn't empty either but there was free dining then which probably added to crowds. Most rides were 5 - 20 minutes with the major rides like the mountains and Test Track 45 to 60 minutes.

I arrive next Wednesday the 9th for a 7 day stay.

I have read here that, with some Florida school districts, kids may not be back in school until the 9th, so you should be good. :thumbsup2 I'm dunno if Monday and Tuesday will really be a three and two, respectively, but even then the crowds should be lower than this week's, and by the time you're there, hopefully back to normal for the second week of January. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter