• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowds may 5-11

shamrockshake

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

we are going the week of May 5th and I was wondering what crowds to expect. We do not usually go at this time, but we have something to drop off in LA anyway and thought we woudl make a trip of it. I was going to book a neighbor hotel, but was wondering do they normally open up AP rooms at this time. It is between spring break and summer and before grad nights.

Thanks

You should have nice low crowds on the weekdays! I have not gotten an AP room in May before (besides the standard 10%) I think your best bet would be to book a good neighbor, then watch Expedia till the last minute rates come out for DLH and then book if you can.

Andrea

This is really off topic, but I noticed your name. I could not find a Shamrock Shake for the life of me this year. We must have called every McDonalds in the San Fernando Valley and no one had them. :mad:

OK, carry on... :laughing:

Hoping for low crowds. Here was my rationale:

Like you said, between Easter breaks & summer breaks, before Grad nites

Key attractions closed: Splash, Tom Sawyer Island, DL RR

Nemo Subs not open yet

Pirate celebration coming up...people will wait for that.

***(I can say anything to convince myself we will have lower crowds..:rotfl:

All we can do is hope!

You should have nice low crowds on the weekdays! I have not gotten an AP room in May before (besides the standard 10%) I think your best bet would be to book a good neighbor, then watch Expedia till the last minute rates come out for DLH and then book if you can.

Andrea

I just booked a good neighbor hotel because there was nothing else available. I paid in full but if something at Disney opened up would they let me switch it? Are these rooms available from cancellations and when do they come out? This is our first trip to DL and I sooo want to stay at a Disney hotel.

Well I never pay in full so I am not sure. I reserve with my CC and then pay when I get there that way I can cancel completely up to 48 hours in advance and not lose anything. Then if a Disney deal comes up, I have no problem switching.

It sounds like you did a package maybe, or did you book through Expedia or a travel site? You would have to read their policy on cancellations to know what to expect. If one comes out it's usually about a month before, or the really good rates on Expedia come out about two weeks ahead of your dates.

Andrea

Thanks Andrea. Yes, it is a package but I booked it through the Disney website. I'll have to check the cancellation policy. Hopefully it can be cancelled if something opens up. Where besides Expedia do you find the deals?

Most of the travel websites have good deals, occasionally it will be directly through Disney! What are your exact dates and I will keep my eyes and ears open for you??

Andrea

Most of the travel websites have good deals, occasionally it will be directly through Disney! What are your exact dates and I will keep my eyes and ears open for you??

Andrea

Thanks! The dates are May 4th - 6th or 7th. I'll be so happy if something opens up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter