Crowds last weekend were INSANE!

AnneUCSB

Mouseketeer
I was shocked how crowded the parks were over the weekend. We thought this would be a less crowded time to go so we pulled the kids outta school on Friday and went down for a long weekend. Friday was busy, Saturday even more so and Sunday was PACKED!!!! The Mousewait app had the DLR crowd index at 88. Also, it was 92 degrees that day so by 2:00pm we decided to leave the park and didn't return until dark at 8:00 to avoid the heat.

On a positive note, we (me, DH, and our three boys) are now Annual Pass holders for the first time ever!!!!! We live in NorCal so we plan to make a few more trips this year. That helped when we were so frustrated on Sunday with the crowds, knowing we'd be back again in a few months.

Just wanted to share my experience so that if you're headed there soon you can adjust your expectations. Be prepared for the crowds (and heat!) so pace yourself and do what you can. It'll still be fun:goodvibes

We were there on Saturday morning (from 8:00-9:30am) and found DCA crowd levels to be very reasonable. We went over to DL right afterward and found it to be OK until around 10:30-11:00ish ... In recent years, AP blockouts seem to have made Saturdays a better option than Sundays.

I was shocked how crowded the parks were over the weekend. We thought this would be a less crowded time to go so we pulled the kids outta school on Friday and went down for a long weekend. Friday was busy, Saturday even more so and Sunday was PACKED!!!! The Mousewait app had the DLR crowd index at 88. Also, it was 92 degrees that day so by 2:00pm we decided to leave the park and didn't return until dark at 8:00 to avoid the heat. On a positive note, we (me, DH, and our three boys) are now Annual Pass holders for the first time ever!!!!! We live in NorCal so we plan to make a few more trips this year. That helped when we were so frustrated on Sunday with the crowds, knowing we'd be back again in a few months. Just wanted to share my experience so that if you're headed there soon you can adjust your expectations. Be prepared for the crowds (and heat!) so pace yourself and do what you can. It'll still be fun:goodvibes

We have become huge fans of the midday nap since become annual pass holders. U don't ever feel rushed getting everything in cuz u know u will be coming back. This allows u to be more rested for the best times in the park, early morning and late at night.

I was shocked how crowded the parks were over the weekend. We thought this would be a less crowded time to go so we pulled the kids outta school on Friday and went down for a long weekend. Friday was busy, Saturday even more so and Sunday was PACKED!!!!
This might have had something to do with it being an Annual Passholder Preview for Big Thunder. Everyone I know with an AP in Socal was there.

I agree with the thinking that the AP preview if BTMRR could have affected crowds. But we left on March 9th for a reason. It seems spring break crowds start being reported as early as the second week of March up until the 3rd week of April. With park hours still short, it is bound to feel packed at times.

It really didnt feel any more crowded than most Sundays to me. Most rides were a walk on until 10. We went to DCA in the early afternoon and it seemed like the crowd there was a little more sparse than typical for that time of day. Sundays typically seem to be overly crowded from about noon until 7 pm on sundays. There are always things to do in the afternoon, like see a show or something like that to cool off and avoid the long lines.

I went the past 2 Sundays and they both seemed the same crowd wise. Typical busy Sunday. The heat was brutal though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter