Crowds Last Week (March 5 - 9)

GovieMom

DIS Veteran
Curious minds want to know what the crowd level at the parks was like last week. Reason being, I had read quite a few posts by people who were going that week and asking how crowded (or not) it might be. Most of the responses indicated it would be pretty light at the parks, given that most spring breaks are starting this week. But it seemed that there were sooo many going then, I kind of doubted that. So, if any of you were there last week (March 5 week), can you tell us if the crowds seemed higher or lower than expected. Thanks!

We were there March 3-11 and I thought the crowds were just fine. I've talked to others who were there at the same time and thought that the crowds were bad. On Saturday the 10th you could really notice that spring break started. We were at Hollywood studios that day and took a swimming break in the middle of the day and just the difference of how crowded the resort and the pool were from the begining of the week was like night and day. People everywhere. Last year we went during spring break and this was such a better trip. I have no regrets about pulling my daughter out of school for four days the week before spring break and we all talked about how great of a week it was to go. And we will be going the same week next year. :thumbsup2

I was there from 3/2 through 3/10. It was lighter than normal until the afternoon of 3/9. EMH in the parks was awesome...hardly anyone there. One morning at AK, I walked from the front to the KS ride and saw one other family. Between 9PM and midnight at MK, it felt like you had the park to yourself. During the day, the weather was lovely, breezey, and crowds busy but not stifling. It was a great time to be at WDW.

BTW, no one in the resort next to us, behind us or above us.

We were there March 3 - March 10. The longest we waited in line was 15 minutes for Toy Story Mania (the stand by line said 40 minutes!) at about 9:15 am. We also waited about 15 minutes for the Safari in Animal Kingdom (stand by at about 9:30 am, time said 10 minutes). We waited about 10 minutes for Soarin' at 9:15 am, then got Fast Passes which we gave away later that day.

I think the longest standby time I saw was 75 minutes for Soarin' later in the day.

It was a great week with great weather.

Denise :)

We were there from 3/3 to 3/10 and didn't think the crowds were bad at all There were a few "bottlenecks" mid afternoon in certain areas but nothing unbearable. The parks that had EMH were obviously busier and we noticed that in the afternoons when we were about ready to head back to FQ. The weather was wonderful, cool in the mornings and evenings and warm during the day. It was a great week.....and yes, I have the post Disney blues :(

We were there 3/4-8 & crowds were moderate. The strange thing was evening EMH - the parks were empty during them, and that was the opposite of last year at this same time. The weather was PERFECT - cool, breezy & sunny. A little too chilly at night (went down to 43 one night!) but I'd rather have it that way than hot & humid.

We're heading back next week & expecting it to be more crowded & more hot.

We went twice in March last year & the 2nd trip was much more full than the 1st.

It wasn't bad overall, but it depended completely on which day you were in each park. Twice we were at the MK on "worst days" or "not great days" and the line for Pirates was out the door and down the "street." It's been YEARS since I've seen a line like that at Pirates during May, October or December. DTD was also crowded, but not unexpected on Saturday night.

We were there from the 4th to 9th and found it moderate except for the 9th at MK which was it bit crazy...didn't help that Space Mountain broke down resulting in a 180 minute standby line.

We were there from the 4th to 9th and found it moderate except for the 9th at MK which was it bit crazy...didn't help that Space Mountain broke down resulting in a 180 minute standby line.

We were at MK on the 9th also and I saw that 180 min line - CRAZY! Didn't realize Space mtn had broken down though. We thought MK was fairly crowded.. not horrible but heavier than I expected. Rest of trip was ok since we were there at RD each morning and able to get a lot done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter