Crowds in October ?

rgmartin

Earning My Ears
We are looking at possibly going in October during Fall Break (2nd week of October). Can anyone tell me how the crowds are then? I have read that the crowds are miserable during Spring Break, but I don't think as many schools have a fall break. :confused3

Thanks for any help . :thumbsup2

We've gone often in October and the crowds have been very manageable. One year it was a little more crowded because it was a break for the British, but still pretty uncrowded in the parks. Columbus Day gets a little crowded at MK. The water parks were pretty packed, again because of the British break. All in all, we LOVE October!

I think Oct is a nice time to visit WDW. Crowds are definitely manageable. We've been in January and May (just got back last Monday) and crowds are significantly lower in those months. Also been in early Nov, which was probably a bit slower than Oct. In Oct. the weather is nice. And MNSSHP is a lot of fun. Even if you don't attend the party, you can enjoy the Halloween decorations. Get to the parks early, if you can, and use your fastpasses. I think fall breaks are a bit scattered through Oct and Nov. Last year our fall break was the week after Columbus Day and that's when we went and had a great time. Next year our break is on Columbus Day week and the following year it's in Nov. Hope you have a blast!

We will be going October 3-10, 2009. From the research I have done and the people I have spoke with, October is a great time to go. My MIL and SIL went last October and said they did not wait in line for hardly anything and rode several rides 2-3 times in a row. I am looking forward to the milder weather also. My other 2x in the world were in June and July and it was soooo hot!

We have been the week after Columbus day twice - and it is definately my most favorite time to go. Both times the weather was perfect - low-mid 80's during the day, sweatshirt weather at night. Most days the crowd level was very manageable - we did MNSSHP and it was the best! After the first 40 minutes or so, we could walk on any ride we wanted to - we spun ourselves silly on Space Mtn. over and over and over again! Also you can do the Food and Wine festival at Epcot which is the best! Our kids do not have a break of any kind in Oct., and now they are too old to pull out - so I envy anyone that can go in Ocotber - Enjoy:)

This is the second october trip in a row for us. Last year we went the week of the 8th (this year week of the 13th) and I have to admitt it was busier than we expected. I read here on the dis that OCT is a lower crowd month but I would say it was about average. Not low but def not high. We waited roughly 20-30 mins on ALL attractions...Like I said not too bad but not walk ons. Our longest waits were soarin, peter pan, rockin roller coaster, space mountain, and tower of terror. These attractions were 45-90mins. Epcot will be busy given the fact that food and wine will be in full swing. This event is a must do and if time allows it you might want to set aside 1 full day for this event and leave another for attractions. All in all you will have a great time just expect it to be slightly busier than you think cause in fact it will be and as one of the above posters stated this is a holiday week...

Which week would be best to go crowd wise; Oct25-Nov1 or Nov8-Nov15.

If crowds are going to roughly be the same, we'd prefer being there for Halloween.

We usually go to WDW in May and October. Both are excellent times to visit, the weather is generally very nice and the crowds are manageable. There is a better chance of rain in October due to the end of hurricane season but we only had bad weather once in about 5 years. It does seem more crowded in October but we spend most of our time at Epcot for the Food and Wine festival so there are more people there. It is generally best to avoid Epcot during the weekend because it is much more crowded then.

It is difficult for me to say if the lines for rides are good since we never visit in the summer. Our family is used to a stand-by wait of 20 minutes or less. You will need fastpasses for the big rides and should get them early in the day.

Enjoy:mickeybar :stitch: :goofy:

My family and i were there Oct.2 Thru the the 9th of 2007 and I gotta say it was HUMID.It was also much more crowded than when we went in 2001 during the same month but that was also right after 9-11 so we probably had unrealistic expectations crowd wise.The love bugs were around but tolerable
__________________:thumbsup2

My family and i were there Oct.2 Thru the the 9th of 2007 and I gotta say it was HUMID.It was also much more crowded than when we went in 2001 during the same month but that was also right after 9-11 so we probably had unrealistic expectations crowd wise.The love bugs were around but tolerable
__________________:thumbsup2

Well I've been in both August and September, so I'm sure October will be less humid then those months. Also I do remember that there was a heat wave around that time last year, so that may have a lot to do with how hot and humid it was.

This is the second october trip in a row for us. Last year we went the week of the 8th (this year week of the 13th) and I have to admitt it was busier than we expected. I read here on the dis that OCT is a lower crowd month but I would say it was about average. Not low but def not high. We waited roughly 20-30 mins on ALL attractions...Like I said not too bad but not walk ons. Our longest waits were soarin, peter pan, rockin roller coaster, space mountain, and tower of terror. These attractions were 45-90mins. Epcot will be busy given the fact that food and wine will be in full swing. This event is a must do and if time allows it you might want to set aside 1 full day for this event and leave another for attractions. All in all you will have a great time just expect it to be slightly busier than you think cause in fact it will be and as one of the above posters stated this is a holiday week...

Did you use touring plans...UG or TGM?

We've been three times in Oct (this Oct will be four!). It is a nice time to go...the only other time I have to compare it to is the end of Feb. The crowds are not bad...although I personally think Disney is crowded any time you go! :lmao: It's still usually very warm...but then again, the time we went in Feb it was mid 90's! As far as fall breaks, several of the schools in the south have fall break. We have a full week off for fall break. That's a possibility for the increase in crowds. :confused3

October is a terrible time to GO!!!!! 4 to 5 hr waits on ALL the rides, even the teacups. LOL.

I hope I scared some of you off from going in October cause thats when we are going so now the line-ups will be shorter for us. :cloud9:

We went in early Oct 13 years ago and it was humid and crowded. They did the PGA event in Oct instead of spring back then which contributed to the crowds. For comparison we had to park in the grass lot at Typhoon Lagoon on that trip and on our trip three weeks ago the main front lot didn't fill the entire day on both days we were there. Our school distirct has a break Oct 16th and 17th I wonder if this is common across the country?

We have been 6 times in October. Each trip was more crowded than the year before. I don't think it is as busy as summer or Holidays, but it is no longer a quiet time of the year. Expect manageable crowds. Plan on being at the parks early, taking a mid day break, and go back for dinner in the evening.
I agree last October was hot and humid. It was the worst October weather we have experienced. The weather is generally good and it is usually not as humid as summer.
Enjoy

we went in Oct 2006 and Oct 2007 first 2 weeks both times we had a great time in 2006 the parks were almost empty in 2007 alot more crowded and very hot we were rained on almost every day , we still had a great time we love the fall but this year we will be going Dec 17 thru 23 we expect bigger crowds but want to see all The Christmas stuff , we have been in Jan , Feb, April and June and July had a good time each time we have gone.

We've been three times in Oct (this Oct will be four!). It is a nice time to go...the only other time I have to compare it to is the end of Feb. The crowds are not bad...although I personally think Disney is crowded any time you go! :lmao: It's still usually very warm...but then again, the time we went in Feb it was mid 90's! As far as fall breaks, several of the schools in the south have fall break. We have a full week off for fall break. That's a possibility for the increase in crowds. :confused3

What are the dates of the fall break in the south?

The last 3 years I have gone the first week of May and really thought it was a good time to go. It wasn't "dead" crowds wise, but with planning it was manageable. This year we are going Oct 19-25th and I'm hoping for about the same as far as crowds go. I figured after Columbus Day and before Jersey week would be pretty good. I'm pretty happy with moderate crowds, but I am a little worried it's going to be alot busier than I'm expecting/used to (early May) because of Food & Wine and Halloween parties. Thoughts?

We went the first week of October in '06 and thought it was fabulous. Temps were terrific - not too hot and not too cold. Lines were very manageable and we were able to do our fave attractions 2-3 times each. We walked right onto many of the most popular rides. So, not crowded at all, with a couple exceptions. Epcot during Food & Wine was significantly more crowded on weekends (lots of locals) and PM EMH at Epcot we had long lines, too. But Oct. is perhaps my fave time of year to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter