• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowds in late August

jezabel_007

Mouseketeer
I guess it's generally busy in the summer I'd presume. I'm hopefully going for 5 nights, so that's 4 or so full days of Disney World funness. I'm going to take advantage of the fast pass service (I think it's called), but wondered what the crowds were like at this time of year.

We have gone to WDW twice during the last 2 weeks of August and the crowds do not seem too bad. Many schools are back in session at the end of August so there are less families than during July and early August, I believe. This year we could not go the end of August so I decided since it is going to be crowded any way during July, we might as well see the special fireworks on the 4th.

If you can only go during the summer months, then the last week of August is probably the best choice as far as crowds. Will it be hot and humid, yes, but just make sure you take breaks and plan for pool time. Good Luck and have fun!! :sunny:

Oh cool sounds perfect!! I can deal with humidity LOL, as long as there is a pool. Plus, I want to get on all the good rides!

we were there then last year and never needed to use a fast pass. ride waits were usually very reasonable

Yep another late August WDW family checking in. The crowds keep going down the later you go. We usually go the third and fourth week, the fourth week being even less crowded than the third.

Friends of ours went last year during the last week of August and said the crowds were pretty light. So that helped to convince us to book this years trip for Aug. 22-29. See you there :cool1:

YUP, we were there the END of August last year, no crowds! That's why we're headed back at the end of August this year again!! :sunny: It is very hot and humid, though!! :sunny: Make good use of your resort pool!!

Cool! We are going at the end of August. 8/27-8/31. I am not going to stress to much on missing some rides.

End of August is not bad on crowds, because schools are mostly back in session then. It will however be very warm. August is pretty much our hottest month. But, you already know it's going to be warm so you will be fine. Just know your going to sweat and everyone else is also. Just go in the morning at opening times and break during the afternoon for a couple hours to swim and rest. Then go later and enjoy!!!! And you are already planning ahead about using the Fastpasses!!! You'll be fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter