• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowds in April?

cstrong

Earning My Ears
What are the crowds like at the resorts in late April/early May? Thanks so much!

I can't say what they are like for early May but we've been twice in late April and they are quite heavy. I think a lot of kids are on Spring Break during that time.

Darn! That's not what I want to hear! We have always gone during value season and love the fact that it is not crazy. This is the first time that I can remember that we will be going during regular season. I guess we will simply need to be better organized for dinner reservations!

If you go the first week of May the parks will be pretty empty.

Easter is April 16 next year so I'd definitely avoid that week and the week on either side of it if you want small crowds.

Just like the post before Easter is the determining factor for April. We went from 4/22-4/30 2005 and it was great. (Easter was in March). Some New England states had some spring breaks but we did find with the crowds. Beautiful! Get alot of tips from this board and you will do fine. Don't worry Have Fun :wizard:

We were there April 20-25 this year. It was pretty crowded on the weekend, especially Sunday at MK. MK was having their high school party nights that weekend, and the park closed early on Friday and Saturday. Sunday was the only weekend night they had Spectromagic/Wishes. The place was PACKED.

If you do go in April, I would recommend getting park hopper passes, that way if one park gets crowded, you can always go to another. This works especially well for MK and AK, which tend to be less crowded in the morning, but fill up in the afternoon.

The nice thing about April is the weather. It is warm enough to go swimming and wear shorts, but it isn't too hot and humid yet. In the two times I have been in April, we only had rain one evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter