• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowds for first 2 weeks of August

heatherandnick

DIS Veteran
We are going August 3rd-11th for our honeymoon...what should we expect as far as crowds?

We went last year the 3rd week in August, and the crowds weren't bad at all. Hoping they will be the same the 2 weeks prior...perhaps people are waiting for free dining?

I would also like to know this. We are going on our honeymoon the first week of August as well. :lovestruc

last year, we went Aug 8 to the 16th and it was tolerable. It was about 110 degrees so we went to the park early, swam in the afternoon, and back in the evening. It was great. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and that was great and beautiful. We also went Christmas week to New Years day and that was terrible. Shoulder to Shoulder people all week long. The weather was in the 60's but the crowds were horrible, horrible, horrible!!!!! We are going back again this August 1 to 8th and staying at the Yacht and Beach Club. I'm sure it will be crowded and hot but they have a great pool. Have a great trip and honeymoon.

We went Aug 8 - Aug 15 and the crowds weren't that bad. It was hot as it always is in the summer but not 110. It was the week before free dining so maybe that is why it wasn't that crowded.

i can deal with the heat! i'm just hoping the crowd levels won't be that bad. i just don't like the idea of being around TONS of people who can't deal with the heat. my niece and i will be there the 7th-12th. :)

:wave: We will be at the Lodge while you are there.

First two week of August are our dates too. Planning on early RD mornings, breaks in the afternoon and hitting the parks again in the evening. If it is super crowded, we will just adjust our expectation accordingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter