crowds early April 2013

kermit116

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste
For those experienced traveling to WDW in the spring, how do you think crowds will be the first week of April 2013, considering that Easter will be March 31? I assume spring break crowds might still be bad after Easter, since not all schools base their spring breaks around the Easter holiday, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't know a lot of colleges that have spring break the first week of April, so I'm guessing that most of the spring break crowds at that point would be families with kids, but again I could be totally wrong.

We went Easter week (we left on Easter Monday) this year and did not have a lot of problems with crowds.

HOWEVER, it was me and two teenagers, and we could do a lot of late night EMH. We only made rope drop once all week (Epcot), but we still rode everything multiple times, with only one wait over 30 minutes (and that was Test Track, because we wanted to ride it before the refurb.)

If I had small kids I'm not sure I would have enjoyed Easter week, but let me tell you, running around MK at 2am with hardly any crowds was one of the most amazing things I have ever done. We were one of the last rides on Space Mountain a little after the 3am closing and in our picture we're pretending to be asleep. ;)

The mornings weren't bad, the evenings/nights weren't bad. The afternoons were crowded, and we either spent them in World Showcase or back at the resort. But being able to arrive at MK for the Electrical Parade at 10 and stick around until 1 am a couple nights was amazing.

Honestly, I'd do Easter week again in a heartbeat, but again, I don't have small kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter