Crowds...But No Lines! (Okay, maybe a few lines) - PRESIDENTS WEEK 2011 TR

Just a few updates:

1. A few weeks ago I had posted about my aunt being critically ill. I am very happy to report that she has come out the other side of this nightmare doing quite well. She was in the ICU for a week and in a regular room at the hospital for another week and has been in rehab for the past two weeks working on getting her strength back. At this point she is able to walk a few steps with a walker which is amazing considering her situation.

2. A few weeks ago my BF won a trip to Vegas in a poker tournament but we decided to add on with our own $$ so we could see the Grand Canyon as well. We booked everything last night and we'll be spending 4 nights in Vegas and 4 nights at the Grand Canyon and Zion National Park. The trip is at the end of June into the beginning of July so it's about halfway between now & the Disney Trip! :banana:

3. For our August trip to Disney we just booked tickets to see La Nouba at DTD which I'm super excited for! I've never seen it but heard that it is one of the best Cirque du Soleil shows and I can't wait!

Well, that's all. Thanks for listening! :goodvibes

I am popping in to say hello (and subscribe so I can read your report in the morning.) Your TR caught my attention to see how bad the crowds really are during Pres. weekend. We left out of PHL on Jan 26 this year...had a 6 pm flight and changed it to a 1:00 flight on Tuesday night. We were on one of the last planes out of Phila that day. Sorry you didn't get out, but glad you were able to rebook!

All caught up. Great TR - I love that you and your mom go, go, go. (How else can you do Disney?) Glad your aunt is going to be okay! Very cool that you are headed to Vegas and Grand Canyon. I am a bit worried for you for your Aug trip since your traveling companion (can't remember if it is BF or GF...) isn't an early riser.

When are you going in Aug?

Wow! You guys know how to do it right!! :worship: I don't think I am going to write a trip report about this last vacation, because we only spent one day at MK. We had gone on a Disney Cruise that week, and could not stand being that close to the parks without visiting for at least one day! So, we basically got off the ship and drove to MK. :thumbsup2 The crowds were pretty much insane the entire day, but it is amazing how much you can get accomplished with FPs! We are going back in early December, so I think I am going to write a TR about that one.

Reading your TR makes it even clearer to me that I have to get my family out the door just a little bit earlier. Man, are they slow in the morning! :headache: I just have to find a way to do it without being a drill sargent!! :laughing: It is amazing to me how much you and your mom did in just a couple of hours! By the way...great pictures.

So glad you are going to get to go to Las Vegas! You are going to have an amazing time!

I am popping in to say hello (and subscribe so I can read your report in the morning.) Your TR caught my attention to see how bad the crowds really are during Pres. weekend. We left out of PHL on Jan 26 this year...had a 6 pm flight and changed it to a 1:00 flight on Tuesday night. We were on one of the last planes out of Phila that day. Sorry you didn't get out, but glad you were able to rebook!

All caught up. Great TR - I love that you and your mom go, go, go. (How else can you do Disney?) Glad your aunt is going to be okay! Very cool that you are headed to Vegas and Grand Canyon. I am a bit worried for you for your Aug trip since your traveling companion (can't remember if it is BF or GF...) isn't an early riser.

When are you going in Aug?

Thank you thank you. Good thing you were able to change your flight and get out! It was so frustrating to be waiting for hours and not even get to go! It's going to be a struggle but my BF knows what's expected of him! :rotfl2: I don't think we'll make RD every day - I think I need to accept that some mornings he's going to want to sleep and I'll have to get over it. I don't want him to not enjoy himself... We are going to be there Aug 20-26. When are you going in August? I see the link in your sig for your PTR - I will check it out!

Wow! You guys know how to do it right!! :worship: I don't think I am going to write a trip report about this last vacation, because we only spent one day at MK. We had gone on a Disney Cruise that week, and could not stand being that close to the parks without visiting for at least one day! So, we basically got off the ship and drove to MK. :thumbsup2 The crowds were pretty much insane the entire day, but it is amazing how much you can get accomplished with FPs! We are going back in early December, so I think I am going to write a TR about that one.

Reading your TR makes it even clearer to me that I have to get my family out the door just a little bit earlier. Man, are they slow in the morning! :headache: I just have to find a way to do it without being a drill sargent!! :laughing: It is amazing to me how much you and your mom did in just a couple of hours! By the way...great pictures.

So glad you are going to get to go to Las Vegas! You are going to have an amazing time!

Thank you! Knowing how to use FP absolutely makes a huge difference in how much you can get done! How was your cruise? Was it your first?

Waiting in the airport and on the plane (about 3 hours on plane) knowing that we were actually going to make it was what kept me okay - my nine year olds had difficulty until we were up in the air.

We are going the first week in August. You and your bf should be okay not making rope drop for the end of Aug. Crowds will be slower. Also, you can hit evening magic hours. We take a nap from about 7 pm to 10 pm and then head to the parks to be there until closing at 2 or 3. This might be prime touring time for you! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter