Crowds at the end of Feb

crow11ad

Disney Magic Maker and Tower of Terror Expert!
We are heading to the world at the of Feb for about 12.days. We have never been at this time. How are the crowds around this time? Wait times?

This year? The exact dates will have a huge impact on the answer to that question...
WDW is a madhouse from this coming Sat to the following one (president's day week - most of the northeast us is off from school)...the rest of the dates are ok.

That's what I have heard as well. That from this weekend until the following weekend (the 26th) it will be crazy busy.. peak level crowds. From then until the following weekend will be lower to moderate crowd wise. And then you are into March break season and hit the highest of crowd levels.
We are sneaking our trip in from the 25th to the 6th. Should be crazy our first day and pick back up the weekend we leave. Hopefully pretty tame in the middle.

I think we are going to find the weekends pretty busy.. but the weekdays are still looking pretty good from what I see.:goodvibes

February is generally a quiet time, aside from the holiday weekend (19-21) ... but keep in mind that the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend is the 26-27 which will also increase crowd levels. I don't think the Half Marathon will bring in as much as the holiday weekend, but it will definitely attract more than usual for February, including locals. In general though, February is a low-crowd time to visit. "High" crowds for February is still low compared to Spring Break, Christmas or summer! :thumbsup2

That's what I have heard as well. That from this weekend until the following weekend (the 26th) it will be crazy busy.. peak level crowds. From then until the following weekend will be lower to moderate crowd wise. And then you are into March break season and hit the highest of crowd levels.
We are sneaking our trip in from the 25th to the 6th. Should be crazy our first day and pick back up the weekend we leave. Hopefully pretty tame in the middle.

We are, too!! We just changed our plans this week. We were 3/5-3/12, and now we are going 2/26 - 3/5 :cool1::cool1: Here's to falling in between the crazy crowds!

Thanks for the advice!
As a "dumb foreigner" :wizard: :laughing:, I didn't know President's Day weekend was such a big impact on WDW.

We arrive Feb 22... thanks for the warning, we will be ready for action pirate:

Thanks for the advice!
As a "dumb foreigner" :wizard: :laughing:, I didn't know President's Day weekend was such a big impact on WDW.

We arrive Feb 22... thanks for the warning, we will be ready for action pirate:

Anytime the kids are out of school for a long weekend, families take the opportunity to go to WDW. Especially FL residents. Think of the madness during the Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun of Thanksgiving weekend!

The crowds are going to be PACKED until Feb 27th and 28th. Those two days should be dead.

See you there!

I am going 2/26-3/2 -- I went 3/1-3/8 two years ago and the crowds were great.

I think since it is after the vacation it should be fine except that weekend which is hard to call.

Woohoo! Those are our dates too - 2/26-3/6... We will be at pop the first night and then the poly...crowd levels look pretty good until 3/5...

Sorry Feb 26 -March 8.

Your arrival day will still be pretty crowded....if it were me, I'd just relax at the resort. The next day though, the crowds will all be heading home to get back to school on Monday...some will have once last hurrah at the parks, but the crowds will be much lighter and will most likely get less crowded as the day goes on (which is opposite of what normally happens).
The rest of your trip should be very pleasant!

My husband just gave me my 40th birthday present early!!! DD and I are heading down 2/27 and were supposed to stay until 3/4. There is almost NO availability at any resort for the night of 3/3!!! I should say, there are a few deluxe, but we are trying to do a "budget" trip.

I know there is a passholder event at Everest on 3/5, but it's just weird I can't get anything for 3/3. We may end up offsite, but that messes with my Magical Express!! LOL

I'm going to keep trying, and I am waiting on some responses from the R/T board too....

See you all there!!! And REAL SOON!!! :thumbsup2

My husband just gave me my 40th birthday present early!!! DD and I are heading down 2/27 and were supposed to stay until 3/4. There is almost NO availability at any resort for the night of 3/3!!! I should say, there are a few deluxe, but we are trying to do a "budget" trip.

I know there is a passholder event at Everest on 3/5, but it's just weird I can't get anything for 3/3. We may end up offsite, but that messes with my Magical Express!! LOL

I'm going to keep trying, and I am waiting on some responses from the R/T board too....

See you all there!!! And REAL SOON!!! :thumbsup2

There's a cabin available at Fort Wilderness for your dates...

There's a cabin available at Fort Wilderness for your dates...

Thanks, Lauren! (I'm Lauren, too!) I don't want to spend that $$ for just one night, I also don't want to stay there the whole week, because I know DH would LOVE to stay there, and it doesn't appeal as much to me, unless I am with him.

We are booked at All Star Sports now, DD's request. Which is great for just the two of us. We were just there at there for two weeks in August, so we have the AP's, which IMO are the $$ part of the trip-trying to keep this one as low-key as possible.

Thanks again, though!!

We're staying at Pop from 2/27-3/5 for our first trip to Disney World. We're Disneyland regulars but we decided to make the cross country trip to see it with the kids. We were able to get the Free Dining promotion so that made it worth it to us.

I've been watching the crowd calendar very closely and while it has gone up a little, it's nothing compared to the President's Day/Spring Break crowds. It really does appear that this is the small sliver of sanity!

Epcot Flower and Garden starts on Wed, 3/2 and ESPN Weekend is that weekend but it doesn't appear to impact things too much.

I've also been wary of the weather, it's really hard to pin down what it's going to be like!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter